Be a Supporter!

"Stop saying the word retard."

  • 1,475 Views
  • 63 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Yert
Yert
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Art Lover
"Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 08:18 PM Reply

Do you find it cute how people like this really think that they can change how people think? It's easier to call someone a "retard" instead of "intellectually challanged", and it basically means the same thing except it's sugarcoated to be less "offensive".

Newgrounds, what do you think about the word retard?

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 08:20 PM Reply

i like the word retard

i also hate using 'people first' (e.g. a boy who is a autistic vs. autistic boy) language (my elementary school actually requires it of teachers)


letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 08:23 PM Reply

At 5/1/13 08:18 PM, Yert wrote:
Newgrounds, what do you think about the word retard?

I think it is mentally challenged


The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
Ganon-Dorf
Ganon-Dorf
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Melancholy
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 08:25 PM Reply

At 5/1/13 08:23 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote:
At 5/1/13 08:18 PM, Yert wrote:
Newgrounds, what do you think about the word retard?
I think it is mentally challenged

I think it's handicapped.


BBS Signature
Kanon
Kanon
  • Member since: Nov. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Gamer
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 08:30 PM Reply

We need to retard those retards from their campaign


PSN: Tysonizer, Best Thread of 2012.

BBS Signature
ill
ill
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 08:37 PM Reply

I do not like that word.


BBS Signature
triplenoob
triplenoob
  • Member since: Feb. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 08:40 PM Reply

I like to insult people with synonyms of retard, but never using the word retard itself. It's too bland and generic an insult for me taste.


[My Art] Sig made by me PM me if you want one just as sexy, or request one here

BBS Signature
All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 08:40 PM Reply

political correctness is retarded

Sloppily
Sloppily
  • Member since: May. 1, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 08:46 PM Reply

I like the word retard, and won't stop using it. People are way too sensitive these days.


BBS Signature
fuzzum111
fuzzum111
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:00 PM Reply

I think it's a valid word that has more uses than the stereotypical insulting verses we use it most frequently in. that is a joke of a twitter page and the whole movement is fucking....retarded XD


My Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11
If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:02 PM Reply

It's retarded.

Yeah, irony!

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Psycho666
Psycho666
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:10 PM Reply

That just made me laugh without the numbers.
Etarded igger aggot?


BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:11 PM Reply

At 5/1/13 08:25 PM, Ganon-Dorf wrote:
At 5/1/13 08:23 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote:
At 5/1/13 08:18 PM, Yert wrote:
Newgrounds, what do you think about the word retard?
I think it is mentally challenged
I think it's handicapped.

I Think it's Impaired

BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:17 PM Reply

At 5/1/13 09:11 PM, argile wrote:
At 5/1/13 08:25 PM, Ganon-Dorf wrote:
At 5/1/13 08:23 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote:
At 5/1/13 08:18 PM, Yert wrote:
Newgrounds, what do you think about the word retard?
I think it is mentally challenged
I think it's handicapped.
I Think it's Impaired

It's pretty slow


The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:18 PM Reply

If theyre purposely trying to take offence from a generic insult, its best to ignore them

Piggler
Piggler
  • Member since: May. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Artist
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:21 PM Reply

I'm laughing at the fact that these retards are attempting to curb freedom of speech because a word hurts their retarded wittle feewings. I don't use the word too frequently, and I don't think many people use it extremely frequently outside of middle school, but I'm not going to slim down my selection of words to use because some retard-loving pansies get all fanny-frazzled over the use of it.

"Stop saying the word retard."


BBS Signature
SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Reader
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:22 PM Reply

I don't use it. I like to be creative with my insults


Stretch those glutes, Flitter!
"You are a generally happy and carefree person." - Sectus
"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

BBS Signature
notYert
notYert
  • Member since: May. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:27 PM Reply

blaze it


BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:27 PM Reply

It can be offensive, but then it doesn't offend me? Like, I don't think people should be mean and use slurs as insults at all, if that means anything.

If you want to insult someone, be creative with it. Don't be lazy and fall back on the same old slurs and words.


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Satan
Satan
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:28 PM Reply

Asking people to stop saying a word is like asking people to stop breathing. People are still going to do it, no matter what you say, or do, to stop them. What right do they have to try and clamp down on my use of the English language? If I want to call someone a cunt, I will call them a cunt, if I want to call someone a retard, I will call them a retard, end of story.


BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:35 PM Reply

I would never call someone with a mental disability a retard.

On the other hand, someone who says and does stupid things? Has a profile picture of them drinking and smoking while underage? Says "SWAG" a lot? Doesn't know that the Titanic wasn't just a movie, and was an actual ship?

Yeah, those people are retarded.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:36 PM Reply

At 5/1/13 09:27 PM, Ryanson wrote: If you want to insult someone, be creative with it. Don't be lazy and fall back on the same old slurs and words.

Online interactions would be more interesting if more people were more creative. I don't care if someone tries to offend me as long as it's funny or clever.

Gerad
Gerad
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:41 PM Reply

At 5/1/13 08:18 PM, Yert wrote:

"Stop saying the word retard."

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:51 PM Reply

It is another way to say stupid. I have always hated it. Since there are better ways to insult someone. Such as idiot, ijit, and my favorite imbecile.


| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 5/1/13 09:35 PM, Scarface wrote: I would never call someone with a mental disability a retard.

why not, scarface?

are you not a straight shooter? you don't 'tell it like it is'?

LISTEN UP - they are pampered pieces of meat and RETARDED

most of them contribute very little to the human experience besides providing a drain for their dumb, sympathetic parent's money


letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Gamer
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 10:29 PM Reply

My school has a program called "The R-Word" where they're trying to stop its usage.

Here's the funny part:

When they advertised the program during our morning announcements, they had crafted the most unintentionally insensitive ad ever. They had an ACTUAL RETARD in our school make....well....retard noises (incomprehensible moans and groans) over the intercom, followed by someone saying "DO YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY? STOP THE R-WORD NOW!"

I don't use the word "retarded" in common conversation because of my own personal morals, but if the school wants other students to do the same, well, this is the way NOT to do it.

Piggler
Piggler
  • Member since: May. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Artist
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 10:42 PM Reply

At 5/1/13 09:58 PM, Sekhem wrote: most of them contribute very little to the human experience besides providing a drain for their dumb, sympathetic parent's money

Pretty much this.

I don't know why tax dollars are wasted so they can get their own teachers, curriculum, and programs in school so they can bag my groceries.

Not quite worth it if you ask me.

In fact, this all reminds me of a funny story of this kid in middle school who had a tremendous overbite, hideous brown teeth, a shriveled left arm, and an attitude that was just as ugly and retarded as he was. We called him "The Mallard" because his likeness was similar to that of a duck.

Anyway, he dressed like a gangster, wore chains, hit on women in the most crude of manners, and his pants sagged like the tits of a ninety year old woman. He was a menace to society, and caused problems out the ass. He was finally expelled from school sophomore year when he pulled a knife on some kid.

Before that, in 8th grade, he was put in the regular elective classes (the same one in which I was in unfortunately) and he behaved like a complete jack-ass and when he would fuck up in gym class, or get a question wrong, we still said "Good job!" like we actually meant it. All this did was reinforce the notion that everything he did was completely fine. However, the best part was when we were in the middle of the wrestling unit. Yeah, my middle school forced us to wrestle. My partner was gone that day, and guess who I got paired up with?

Yep, you got it: Retard-McSagsalot.

We got in starting position, his claw around my wrist, me trying desperately not to smell his fetid breath. The whistle blew, and in a matter of, like, 5 seconds, I managed to pin his retarded ass by sitting on him with my 95lb body. However, I spent the rest of the day with the overwhelming urge to take a shower.

Bottom line: retards are retarded.

preach to me about intolerance

BBS Signature
leasheddemon
leasheddemon
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Writer
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 10:54 PM Reply

it all depends on the context which people sometimes just don't seem to understand. It bothers me how ignorant people can be. If i say "Man you are such a retard" he is being stupid not mentally disabled. If i go up to a mentally handicapped person and say "Sir you are retarded out the ass" then that can be seen as a little offensive. Still at the end of the day it is just a word. Louis C.K is great when it comes to stuff like this. One of his show's he bought up the "N" word. When people say it what is the first thing that comes to mind? Same thing with them saying ban the "R" word, I'm still going to think retard. If someone does not like a word like retard, or cunt accept that no matter their efforts (unless they are living as the dictator of a totalitarian state) the word is not going away. I know that is difficult to even assume as there will never be people okay with things, they will never accept it but a man can dream right? You fucking retards!


I am that long legged pissed off Puerto Rican!

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 10:56 PM Reply

At 5/1/13 10:42 PM, Piggler wrote: Pretty much this.

I don't know why tax dollars are wasted so they can get their own teachers, curriculum, and programs in school so they can bag my groceries.

Not quite worth it if you ask me.

Because high functioning autism is minor, and with support when growing up you can be perfectly normal. If you cant see the reason in that then you are just stupid.

Piggler
Piggler
  • Member since: May. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Artist
Response to "Stop saying the word retard." May. 1st, 2013 @ 11:10 PM Reply

At 5/1/13 10:56 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 5/1/13 10:42 PM, Piggler wrote: Pretty much this.

I don't know why tax dollars are wasted so they can get their own teachers, curriculum, and programs in school so they can bag my groceries.

Not quite worth it if you ask me.
Because high functioning autism is minor, and with support when growing up you can be perfectly normal. If you cant see the reason in that then you are just stupid.

So it's a good idea to spend exorbitant amounts of money to train the retard out of a handful of children that make up only 13% of the public school population at the expense of the larger student body?

At my school, the students that aren't retarded or in honors classes are largely ignored and are given shit teachers and, in general, are taught less rigorously and learn less as a result.


BBS Signature