Respond to this Topic
FiendMachine
FiendMachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Game Developer
Response to Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win Apr. 30th, 2013 @ 09:21 PM Reply

it should be done by this Sunday,plz can you give me this much time?

At 4/30/13 12:29 PM, Gimmick wrote: Sorry dude, it's not possible, the winners may be announced tomorrow or day after. Maybe next year.

Ok,but it will get in the collection,right?

Depressed?Cool.Just put some party music and say GTFO to your sorrows

BBS Signature
fedebenarg
fedebenarg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win Apr. 30th, 2013 @ 11:43 PM Reply

About the Touch Jam, I'm sad about I can participate (if I had a additional day!), but ok. I have to be faster the next time. Congratulations to the winners, by the way!

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win May. 1st, 2013 @ 04:05 AM Reply

Congrats to the winners!

At 4/29/13 04:41 PM, TomFulp wrote: I wonder if people would even use them as personalized cards, if we printed them individually with the userpage URL of the user who is receiving the payment.... HMMM.

How about some personalized business cards in the shop? If users could add custom info as well as account based info (member since ___, level __, websites, etc), move it around freely, or chose a pre-defined layout, and select a custom background from the art portal/dump, at a decent price, I'd definitely buy a batch.

Copywrong
Copywrong
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Writer
Response to Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win May. 1st, 2013 @ 11:55 AM Reply

Ludum Dare and Pico Day have been quite beneficial to statwhores like me. The large volume of games submitted for Ludum Dare 26 got me 76 Blam and Protect points on a single day, and now I'm already on my way to becoming a Private First Class.

Beneath the river lies a resealable bag of pennies. Don't bother diving for $1.44, the local fowl will beat you to it any day.

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win May. 1st, 2013 @ 03:27 PM Reply

Also on the topic of those cards.
Have you considered making name tag thingies like what VicariousE had if you guys have another thing at the office next year for Pico Day? That way it would be easier for people to identify each other if they don't know who someone is. Also so theres no confusion if someone goes onto the chat so people don't have to constantly ask who someone is if they just come on there and someone is on cam and they don't recognize them.

or have like sticker name tags. ya know the ones that say something like "Hi My Name is ________"

Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win May. 1st, 2013 @ 10:37 PM Reply

At 4/29/13 04:41 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/29/13 01:20 PM, VicariousE wrote: Best suggestion I can make: Print up a shit-ton of Newgrounds business cards, and include them in everything you mail out (maybe even Supporter badges as well). Why? On the trip home, I saw plenty college age kids, who have no clue about our little corner of reality. If I had a bunch of cheap and cheerful, pre-made cards, I would have dutifully handed them out. Anyone who trusts you enough with their mailing address, would certainly not hoard these cards... T-shirts and stickers, sure, but getting the word out would be easier, with a simple 3.5x2 piece of paper.
When you mentioned the tin I was like, "Oh crap, the tin is still downstairs! People might have dug into it!" but luckily it was in-tact so it's now safely waiting for Sabs. The card idea is really cool... I wonder if people would even use them as personalized cards, if we printed them individually with the userpage URL of the user who is receiving the payment.... HMMM.

Make it (having a username on the card) an option you can check! I'm thinking orange (like the one I'm typing on) background, with raised black ink for the stock card.. then you could print the names in office? Any cards mailed to the supporters and ad-rev receivers, would go a long way in getting our love out to the brain-dead masses! Either that or make up a few ink-stamps, so we can deface dollar bills :P

Now building Vault 101, reverse engineered from yesterdays technology.

BBS Signature
VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win May. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:49 AM Reply

At 4/29/13 09:58 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Voting for the Best of April will begin on Wednesday as well!

Whoops, almost forgot, since the ballot wasn't there waiting for me, after I read this news post 2 days ago.

Now building Vault 101, reverse engineered from yesterdays technology.

BBS Signature
GameBalance
GameBalance
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win May. 2nd, 2013 @ 09:18 AM Reply

I don't like Ludum Dare. Those crappy games made in 2 days.... Junk....

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win May. 2nd, 2013 @ 11:06 AM Reply

At 5/2/13 01:49 AM, VicariousE wrote:
At 4/29/13 09:58 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Voting for the Best of April will begin on Wednesday as well!

Whoops, almost forgot, since the ballot wasn't there waiting for me, after I read this news post 2 days ago.

Shit! I completely forgot about that!

Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
Aslemn
Aslemn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win May. 4th, 2013 @ 02:35 AM Reply

If I send it tomorrow or later, even considering it's just too late for a Pico Day submission and it won't count for this contest as the winners are probably selected already, could I still tag it with picoday2013? :s

I've been working on a drawing for Pico Day since last month and had to stop many times and fix so much stuff, as I almost sent this submission some days ago, but always thought about new things to add and details. Sadly, I don't think I can really finish some modifications before tomorrow, and that'd be too late for it.

It's something very big and detailed, as the .SAI file uses almost all my computer's memory (experienced a few blue screens, random crashes while doing this and lost part of the work many times). It's a tribute for the whole universe of an awesome game from NG.

This is how it looks like reduced to 4% of it's original size; I really hope I can finish it someday.
And good luck, everone. :3

Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win

SuNiKuSu
SuNiKuSu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Filmmaker
Response to Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win May. 5th, 2013 @ 05:22 PM Reply

That Number #1 Sounds SWEEEEEET

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win May. 6th, 2013 @ 06:56 AM Reply

At 5/2/13 09:18 AM, GameBalance wrote: I don't like Ludum Dare. Those crappy games made in 2 days.... Junk....

Whaaaa...? Some of those games are pure genius. For example...

• Persist
    Persist by AdventureIslands

Can you reach the Goddess and redeem your soul?

Score
    3.88 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

GameBalance
GameBalance
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win May. 6th, 2013 @ 08:55 AM Reply

Yeah, sometimes it's fine, but there are too much games that are for smaller themed communities.

At 5/6/13 06:56 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 5/2/13 09:18 AM, GameBalance wrote: I don't like Ludum Dare. Those crappy games made in 2 days.... Junk....
Whaaaa...? Some of those games are pure genius. For example...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/616741

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win May. 6th, 2013 @ 09:31 AM Reply

At 5/6/13 08:55 AM, GameBalance wrote: Yeah, sometimes it's fine, but there are too much games that are for smaller themed communities.

You know the slogan, Everything, by Everyone. ;)

Even though I do like the old one better...

Many of the big games are a bit generic, but it feels like a lot of new concepts are introduced with Ludum Dare. It's like a cloud of creativity that rains down upon the grounds, and since they're short you get to take a bite out of everything. Just my nine cents though.

GameBalance
GameBalance
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win May. 6th, 2013 @ 10:00 AM Reply

It's cool but could be kept for developers interest or some specific public.
I m sure that by developing the game more, before put it to general public, would make it better. That's what I m talking about.

At 5/6/13 09:31 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 5/6/13 08:55 AM, GameBalance wrote: Yeah, sometimes it's fine, but there are too much games that are for smaller themed communities.
You know the slogan, Everything, by Everyone. ;)

Even though I do like the old one better...
Many of the big games are a bit generic, but it feels like a lot of new concepts are introduced with Ludum Dare. It's like a cloud of creativity that rains down upon the grounds, and since they're short you get to take a bite out of everything. Just my nine cents though.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Ludum Dare, HTML5, Pico, Audio Win May. 6th, 2013 @ 10:25 AM Reply

At 5/4/13 02:35 AM, Aslemn wrote: If I send it tomorrow or later, even considering it's just too late for a Pico Day submission and it won't count for this contest as the winners are probably selected already, could I still tag it with picoday2013? :s

You can still tag it!

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature