New Topic Respond to this Topic
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Life after death. 2013-04-28 18:22:33 Reply

SO when we die what do you guys think happens? I know a lot of you say nothing but that means we don't feel death then, it just happens. I always thought that it's like a dream, we go into a deep sleep and our heart rate goes extremely low, but there's a flaw to this, lack of oxygen due to being stuffed in a box or cremated. What do you guys think happens when you die? Considering most of you are atheist this should be interesting,

*Kicks your bedroom door open at 4:20am* *karate chops your TV* "Dude, it was just a prank. Come on"

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 18:25:26 Reply

At 4/28/13 06:22 PM, darkjam wrote: What do you guys think happens when you die? Considering most of you are atheist this should be interesting,

Seriously? You do realise that the main atheist thing believed is that there is no afterlife, thus nothing after death, that you just rot away.

Is that interesting to you? Compared to the majority of beliefs it is exceptionally bland, boring and depressing.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship. Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
NightmareWitch
NightmareWitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 18:49:06 Reply

Our spirit or consciousness is released from the body and we enter a separate universe with a free host (an unborn baby). Sometimes the spirit fails to traverse the universe gap and is pulled back into the original one which makes it become what we call "ghosts". Lost spirits are usually pulled back into the original universe by living spirits or an extremely strong force which keeps them bound to an object or building until set free by a living spirit.

So if you want to spend more time on Earth I would find a spell which will bound your spirit to something like a necklace or watch and give it to your grandchildren before you die.

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis... Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona nobis pacem.

BBS Signature
NightmareWitch
NightmareWitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 18:55:53 Reply

also don't bind yourself unless the item or house is with someone you love because if they never release you then you might be trapped here for centuries.

this is why people think there are cursed places and things.. its just a damned spirit trying to get your attention so you release it to a new life.

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis... Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona nobis pacem.

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 18:58:45 Reply

you leave your crappy body and wake in the teletubbies universe as either tinky winky, laa-laa, dipsy or po, you will be grouped with 3 other recent passers and they will be designated to the remaining characters, the individual who gets the most merch sold of their character within a day or so will be eaten by the baby in the sun and then be reborn.

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 19:10:57 Reply

At 4/28/13 06:22 PM, darkjam wrote: What do you guys think happens when you die?

I think you die and you're dead forever.
No retries, no do overs, no second chances.

Though there are some people (looking at you Nikki Sixx) who have technically died more than once and are still alive.

Formally known as Viper50 When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes! Not very important but my lastfm. You can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 19:20:58 Reply

I believe that faith dictates outcome.
Based on what you believed in life, you'll have a particular afterlife.

I believe that I'll be reincarnated into the literary world I created.

BBS Signature
MushookieMan
MushookieMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 19:22:27 Reply

At 4/28/13 06:22 PM, darkjam wrote: I always thought that it's like a dream, we go into a deep sleep and our heart rate goes extremely low, but there's a flaw to this, lack of oxygen due to being stuffed in a box or cremated.

Are you perhaps 9 years old?

BBS Signature
TehPoptartKid
TehPoptartKid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 19:50:47 Reply

I like to think that after we die, we go to heaven. Then, god points us to a room that is our own personal heaven, kinda like an apartment room. And what's inside our personal heaven is whatever you want heaven to be like. Like, if you like playing video games all day long, the room is filled with video games, consoles, a computer, a screen, a keyboard, a mouse, and multiple televisions for your consoles. Then you get to play video games for eternity.

BBS Signature
Grotty
Grotty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Writer
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 19:59:56 Reply

At 4/28/13 07:20 PM, zag wrote: I believe that faith dictates outcome.

You just set yourself up for disappointment, don't you.

Protect the Muska.

MushookieMan
MushookieMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 20:06:02 Reply

At 4/28/13 07:50 PM, TehPoptartKid wrote: I like to think that after we die, we go to heaven. Then, god points us to a room that is our own personal heaven, kinda like an apartment room. And what's inside our personal heaven is whatever you want heaven to be like. Like, if you like playing video games all day long, the room is filled with video games, consoles, a computer, a screen, a keyboard, a mouse, and multiple televisions for your consoles. Then you get to play video games for eternity.

What did humanity do to deserve that punishment? An eternity of your favorite thing would be hell, it would stop being your favorite thing pretty quickly.

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 20:11:09 Reply

At 4/28/13 07:20 PM, zag wrote: I believe that faith dictates outcome.

Do you just make this up as you go along

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
TehPoptartKid
TehPoptartKid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 20:21:42 Reply

At 4/28/13 08:06 PM, MushookieMan wrote:
At 4/28/13 07:50 PM, TehPoptartKid wrote: I like to think that after we die, we go to heaven. Then, god points us to a room that is our own personal heaven, kinda like
What did humanity do to deserve that punishment? An eternity of your favorite thing would be hell, it would stop being your favorite thing pretty quickly.

It's not ideal of course. It's just one of many ideas I have on what happens after death.

BBS Signature
Tediisan
Tediisan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 20:45:44 Reply

I don't believe in afterlife but if there was an afterlife I think it is simply a dream state

Satan
Satan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 21:00:11 Reply

Once we're dead, we're gone, is my attitude towards things, we just switch off. All of us piss our lives away striving for success and money, shit like that, it means nothing in the end, really, does it? I am an atheist, OP, I don't believe there is a heaven, or a hell.

Although, if there is some sort of afterlife, I have two theories, it is either a limbo, just nothingness, you are just a consciousness floating around in nothing, you are in none existence, for eternity. Alternate idea; You end up where you want to end up, or what your inner self deems as a paradise, perfection. No matter who you are, charity worker, or a rapist, it's six and two threes, society deems rape, murder, etc, as wrong, nature however does not, nature doesn't judge, there is no higher power that decides where you go, you decide where you go.

But I still stick by my once you die, you die, theory, in the first paragraph.

BBS Signature
Thoth0
Thoth0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 21:10:31 Reply

your mind melts

it becomes singular

no longer seperated by walls but a true soup of awareness

then you live your life as a baby spirit again, making his pathway towards the oneness

Just please dont hate on my egyptian god status

dx5231
dx5231
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 21:16:29 Reply

If you're saying most of us are atheists, then why even bother asking us about the afterlife? I think when we die, we die. I think some people, when we say this, picture an eternity being conscious in a dark void. I think it'll be the same as when we were not even born yet - absolutely nothing.

BBS Signature
Thoth0
Thoth0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 21:18:36 Reply

At 4/28/13 09:16 PM, dx5231 wrote: If you're saying most of us are atheists, then why even bother asking us about the afterlife? I think when we die, we die. I think some people, when we say this, picture an eternity being conscious in a dark void. I think it'll be the same as when we were not even born yet - absolutely nothing.

yes, the very start of nothing

where your awareness is but a string

it floats in the infinite

only to bend and take shape again

such is the self awareness of nothing

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 21:27:15 Reply

inb4 shitstorm.

o wait

lel

Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 21:38:58 Reply

Atheists are real optimists. I don't think that life is as easy as just ceasing to exist once you're dead. The world is far too cruel for that.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads. Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Tobi
Tobi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 21:40:27 Reply

At 4/28/13 08:11 PM, Otto wrote: Do you just make this up as you go along

that's afterlife for you

BBS Signature
Thoth0
Thoth0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 21:41:03 Reply

At 4/28/13 09:38 PM, Kwing wrote: Atheists are real optimists. I don't think that life is as easy as just ceasing to exist once you're dead. The world is far too cruel for that.

life is far to cruel than too shun an existance

you will be free when you die

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 22:49:45 Reply

At 4/28/13 07:50 PM, TehPoptartKid wrote: I like to think that after we die, we go to heaven. Then, god points us to a room that is our own personal heaven, kinda like an apartment room. And what's inside our personal heaven is whatever you want heaven to be like.

LOL Like American Dad?

Life after death.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
GunsNBombs
GunsNBombs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 22:53:30 Reply

If I were to ever die I'll carry mah PS Triple and the Dreamcast with Sonic Adventures in it. There was a time where I had brought a Wii and I leave it in the house just so the Wii can watch me play the PS3 cuz that's how motherfucking ballin I am.

Archonic
Archonic
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 22:57:17 Reply

Your life is judged by the Holy Race of Chipmunks, who then decide whether to admit you into their Sanctified City of Chipmunkia or banish you into the dank depths of Weaselland.

satanbrain is always wrong EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 23:16:27 Reply

im convinced i cant die

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
TehPoptartKid
TehPoptartKid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-28 23:22:15 Reply

At 4/28/13 10:49 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote:
At 4/28/13 07:50 PM, TehPoptartKid wrote: I like to think that after we die, we go to heaven. Then, god points us to a room that is our own personal heaven, kinda like an apartment room. And what's inside our personal heaven is whatever you want heaven to be like.
LOL Like American Dad?

You catch on real quick.

You got me sir.

BBS Signature
i-am-ghey
i-am-ghey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-29 02:18:43 Reply

you can never be sure until you are dead (or almost dead). i guess you will have to wait another 70 years or so to know the answer.

but if you are really impatient,...

^Just another nonsensical forum post.^

sharpnova
sharpnova
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-29 05:07:47 Reply

Obviously we will rot and decay and turn to dust in our coffin or filet like deep fried fish in the oven if you go the cremation route.

Thinking anything else is just.... embarrassing.

= + ^ e * i pi 1 0

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Life after death. 2013-04-29 05:13:47 Reply

I'm young so I don't really think about it. I'm also irreligious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it