New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-25 23:22:04 Reply

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/25/megyn-kelly-surpr ise-revelation-fbi-was-shocked-to-see-judge-waltz-in-and-giv e-suspect-miranda-rights/

If we're attacked again, this is on Eric Holder and Obama Administration this time, not the FBI. The FBI did all they could to get what they needed out of the Bombing suspect, and they were suppose to be given 48 to interrogate him, but Holder and the Democrats only allowed for 16 hour interrogation. The FBI are doing what they can do to protect our Country, but the same can not be said about corrupt Politician Eric Holder who should have been fired after the Fast and the Furious Scandal. We put morons like Eric Holder in charge, and we lose American lives because of it.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-25 23:25:16 Reply

And why is Holder still Attorney general? Oh yeah because Lord Hussein saved his ass after the debacle that was Fast and Furious and now this.

Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-25 23:27:29 Reply

I was wondering why you wouldn't shut up about this in the thread in General after explaining this to you several times. Now I know why: you were waiting for someone to tell you how to blame this on the administration since you're too dumb to form your own opinions. Stay classy, Klown.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-25 23:34:50 Reply

At 4/25/13 11:27 PM, Feoric wrote: I was wondering why you wouldn't shut up about this in the thread in General after explaining this to you several times. Now I know why: you were waiting for someone to tell you how to blame this on the administration since you're too dumb to form your own opinions. Stay classy, Klown.

How is it not Obama Administration's fault that they didn't allow for the FBI to interrogate the Boston Bombing suspect 48 hours like they were suppose to be able to? Time after Time, you have shown a Liberal bias. Even the FBI is very upset with Eric Holder right now, the same Eric Holder that should have been fired for Fast and the Furious Scandal.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-25 23:55:56 Reply

Nothing about this gave any indication that the suspect's 5th Amendment rights should have been suspended. Or at the very least his rights were only able to be suspended until he told the FBI there was no one else involved.

They claimed a safety exception to Miranda, but there was no external evidence that there was any further safety threat.

I have often said that terrorism is a case where such rights can be fudged in the name of safety, but as there was little to nothing here to indicate there were any safety issues, and the suspect was an merican citizen who had not openly declared war on the US (which requires such a declaration or the allying with a specific group against the US) and he was on American soil, his Constitutional rights still existed.

Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-26 00:03:36 Reply

At 4/25/13 11:34 PM, TheKlown wrote: How is it not Obama Administration's fault that they didn't allow for the FBI to interrogate the Boston Bombing suspect 48 hours like they were suppose to be able to? Time after Time, you have shown a Liberal bias. Even the FBI is very upset with Eric Holder right now, the same Eric Holder that should have been fired for Fast and the Furious Scandal.

Believe it or not, my beliefs are a bit more nuanced to be defined as either "liberal" or "conservative" as if those are the only two options available, thank you very much. I've already gone over this with you in the General thread.

At 4/25/13 11:55 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Nothing about this gave any indication that the suspect's 5th Amendment rights should have been suspended. Or at the very least his rights were only able to be suspended until he told the FBI there was no one else involved.

They claimed a safety exception to Miranda, but there was no external evidence that there was any further safety threat.

C'mon Camaro, you should know better. You don't have to have the Miranda warning read to you when you're arrested. You have to have them read to you if the police or other law enforcement officials wish to interrogate you and have your testimony used as evidence in a court of law. The real world isn't like Law and Order. He was read his Miranda warning during his first hearing in the hospital by the magistrate judge in the hospital. Plus, the dude was shot in the neck. He likely wasn't even aware of what was going on at the time.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-26 00:05:22 Reply

At 4/25/13 11:55 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Nothing about this gave any indication that the suspect's 5th Amendment rights should have been suspended. Or at the very least his rights were only able to be suspended until he told the FBI there was no one else involved.

besides being gravely injured and probably incoherent to understand the rights being said to him that and under the Patriot Act he can be held and questioned regardless of Miranda or not?

I have often said that terrorism is a case where such rights can be fudged in the name of safety, but as there was little to nothing here to indicate there were any safety issues, and the suspect was an merican citizen who had not openly declared war on the US (which requires such a declaration or the allying with a specific group against the US) and he was on American soil, his Constitutional rights still existed.

he bombed downtown boston and under the Patriot Act he can be held up to 48 hours before being read his rights and arrested and like he was coherent to understand much less reply on how fucked up he got when they worked him over with those Flash Bangs. The FBI were totally in the right to interrogate his ass.

Warforger
Warforger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-26 00:22:26 Reply

If the Justice Department went ahead and let the CIA use the security exemption to Miranda rights then TheBlaze would be reporting about how Obama is trying to violate the BIll of Rights, if the Justice Department reads their Miranda Rights TheBlaze criticizes Obama for being bad on security.

I think it's quite clear that they were doing old fashioned interrogation and not looking for other suspects at this point. This was the way to go.

Otherwise have you guys heard what some of these people from the CIA and FBI propose what we should've done to prevent this? I heard one CIA veteran say they should've listened to FSB reports that they were radicals and taken their computers everytime they were at an airport and copy all the files on it to create a profile on the guys. I don't know about you but I sure as hell would not want my computer to be taken at an airport so its files can be copied onto an external harddrive. I assume they would've also implemented wiretaps as well. This kind of stuff is unbelievable.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-26 00:35:00 Reply

Besides, what reason was there to continue into the 48 hour rule? The rule was invoked because we were dealing with a person who may have been connected to sleeper cells planning on detonating more bombs in the States. After the investigation found they were acting alone what was the purpose in dragging it on? What public safety concerns were there? There weren't any.

This is just another invented controversy in the wake of a national tragedy where innocent people died and close to 200 people were injured while an entire community was terrorized. Keep trying to pin this on Obama though, you're really doing Boston and the entire nation a favor here by making this a petty political issue. How low do you have to stoop to be like this?

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-26 01:49:10 Reply

At 4/26/13 12:35 AM, Feoric wrote: Keep trying to pin this on Obama though, you're really doing Boston and the entire nation a favor here by making this a petty political issue. How low do you have to stoop to be like this?

it will stop getting political when Obama and his little lackeys like Holder stop getting in the way.

Th-e
Th-e
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-26 02:09:14 Reply

At this point in time, I think the whole Miranda rights and bombings thing has passed, and I feel like we should move on from that, regardless of political views.

What has been said has been said, what has been done has been done, and things should have cleared up by now.

Besides, there are other things to be more concerned with. I'd rather talk about Anthony Weiner's chances at the presidency, despite the scandal, along with having the current attorney general as his running mate.

Feel no mercy for me. It will only cause you to suffer as well.

Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-26 16:06:40 Reply

At 4/26/13 01:49 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: it will stop getting political when Obama and his little lackeys like Holder stop getting in the way.

This has absolutely fuckall to do with Obama and Holder, what are you talking about?

Warforger
Warforger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-26 21:25:48 Reply

At 4/26/13 04:06 PM, Feoric wrote: This has absolutely fuckall to do with Obama and Holder, what are you talking about?

It was the Justice Department which read the guy his Miranda rights. Eric Holder is the head of the JD. Now I'm not sure who was responsible for this, since this is the executive working against itself. If this was done at the lower levels where policies aren't that political then Obama and even Holder have nothing to do with this. I'm going to assume the Attorney General is more political than the Director of the FBI though, so that would be the distinction.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-26 21:28:13 Reply

At 4/26/13 12:03 AM, Feoric wrote: He was read his Miranda warning during his first hearing in the hospital by the magistrate judge in the hospital.

Do you really think they didn't try to ask anything before then?

Plus, the dude was shot in the neck. He likely wasn't even aware of what was going on at the time.

That's 100% irrelevant. No Miranda, very little chance of admissibility, regardless of the suspect's condition.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-26 21:40:45 Reply

At 4/26/13 09:28 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Do you really think they didn't try to ask anything before then?

besides grevious injuries and some bleeding? don't think so

That's 100% irrelevant. No Miranda, very little chance of admissibility, regardless of the suspect's condition.

he was in serious condition and when he was in the hospital he was so doped up I doubt he could understand anyways which would be argued to be unadmissable in court (ITS A NO WIN) and under the Patriot Act they could hold him for 48 hours before arresting and Miranda.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-27 19:23:50 Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H0EbfOzVxc

Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-28 10:26:22 Reply

At 4/26/13 09:28 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Do you really think they didn't try to ask anything before then?

Why does that matter?

Why is the public safety exception not valid here? We had no idea if there were other bombs set up by him/them.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Obama Administration & Eric Holder 2013-04-28 17:44:04 Reply

At 4/25/13 11:25 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: And why is Holder still Attorney general? Oh yeah because Lord Hussein saved his ass after the debacle that was Fast and Furious and now this.

barry and Holder's entire careers are built on lying.

Never trust a lawyer.