00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RIOTxANON06 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Telemarketers are so retarded

4,260 Views | 57 Replies

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-07 21:50:44

It's why I'll start reporting these calls to http://www.callercenter.com for phone call harassment in an attempt to raise this concern to the higher authorities and since I got the first call for today a few minutes ago, I will filing my first complaint with the FTC and the state attorney general!

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-07 22:24:31

At 5/7/13 08:43 PM, MrSoxfan wrote:
At 5/7/13 10:31 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: Stupid shit
Get a real job you stupid fuckup. Maybe then you can move out of your mom's basement and become useful.

Basically put you couldn't be arsed to read my perfect points which stated why your views were wrong and immoral, so you continue to insult us with continued flawed views, as if an apprenticeship is not a real job and not adored by employers.

What exactly is a "real job" to you? My apprenticeship was better paid than most in the country, the full job itself offers a very high salary improved by scaling commission bonuses. The sales department makes the company a high profit and was a very nice and cheerful office with enthusiastic characters and supportive supervisors. The job itself being very demanding but for those who can adapt to it very rewarding. Being the greatest workplace I have ever been in due to the happy atmosphere. Few jobs could ever make it so cheerful to return to office each and every day, I loved going there daily.

The single aspect of the job which is bad is the people being called who make it as stressful as it is. The job is questionably one of the best in the world. What makes it bad is you. This is a "real job" what you aren't is a "real customer"

You are the one in the wrong here. Accept it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-07 23:22:49

You do realise that it's 2013? The majority of call centres don't have people phoning you manually. Can you imagine how fucking tedious and unproductive your day would be having to sit through dial tone and answering machines 90% of the time. Most of these places have automated systems that call a massive database of phone numbers to weed out the answering machines and no answers and when someone does answer it goes straight to an agent.
There's noone deliberately calling you day after day trying to get a hold of you no matter what. Despite what you think, if you don't answer, it has no effect what so ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 01:35:26

Shut the phone in their mid-talk is the happiest moment in my life.

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 05:24:20

At 5/7/13 11:22 PM, Insanical wrote:
You do realise that it's 2013? The majority of call centres don't have people phoning you manually. Can you imagine how fucking tedious and unproductive your day would be having to sit through dial tone and answering machines 90% of the time. Most of these places have automated systems that call a massive database of phone numbers to weed out the answering machines and no answers and when someone does answer it goes straight to an agent.
There's noone deliberately calling you day after day trying to get a hold of you no matter what. Despite what you think, if you don't answer, it has no effect what so ever.

You do realise I WORKED in a cold calling business. You might think you know what such places are like, but I DO know what such places are like. These businesses aren't all the same as you think they are. In my business we would happily leave voice mails, we would happily call people back who didn't answer. We all did our own calls there is no automated system for calling. We went online and found businesses phone numbers, or we had others collecting such numbers for us to put on our system and then we PERSONALLY called each and every business that seemed fitting. Leaving comments about the businesses needs in our system so future callers would know information before calling to check if their requirements change and if they would find our services more useful at a later date.

We are a professional business, we always made professional calls and we built a rapport with our potential customers, after all we plan to be dealing with them for a prolonged period of time and we will be the first point of contact for when they wanted to talk to the business again as they remain with the person who sells the deal for that extra personal touch. This is what aggravates me the most, how so many of you seem to think we don't put in 100% effort, that we don't treat each and every call as special and thinking we don't care for the person we talk to. The services my job provided would ideally be run for many years if the customer would remain happy with the service, that is why we care so much for the customer and benefiting them as otherwise how else would they want to stay with us for long enough to be beneficial for our businesses as well as them?

Leaving a voicemail is actually good, some people do respond to voicemails, calling us if they are interested in the service we leave a message about. We also call back no answers as many companies can't answer the phone at every time of the day, even solo trader businesses can be a good customer.

Finally yes we do call people to get in touch with them on a regular basis. If we find out they may be interested, finding out about their current needs and whether or not we could satisfy them, then we would happily call back to try and get in touch with a decision maker in the business regularly. It would be a waste for both sides not to do that. Cold callers are not some lazy business working with automated bullshit, we put in all the effort required to get sales to customers who would benefit from our services. We call hundreds of numbers a day, talk for hours a day and use all the information at our disposal to find a perfect service for potential customers, including checking maps, asking for information on their usage and the patterns of work etc. all this is done by us with our experienced knowledge to find a perfect service for potential customers.

The problem you all seem to have is that you still think cold calling is something you as the public are getting which you don't want or need or could benefit from. Not all cold calling is the same, not all telemarketing is the same. My job was to call businesses only, we called businesses as they were the ones who would benefit from our services, you as public would have only wasted our money in most situations and gotten no benefit from anything we would provide. I am constantly pointing out the fact that there are different positions, different companies and different jobs all revolving around cold calling. What is so difficult to understand about this?

Some companies might do it as you THINK they do, but ours didn't, and I know of many others who don't. I have no position to claim I know about every cold calling business and neither do you. Accept that what I am saying is completely true about MY position as unlike you I know what I was doing for 37.5 hours a week. I was doing my work to the best of my ability and learning every aspect of cold calling and telemarketing.

Again you are likely to ignore all these completely correct points, instead mentioning I post "stupid shit" again or some such drivel. Not understanding that the cold calling job I had isn't the evil abomination scheming public abusing callcentre you apparently associate with everyone who cold calls. It is not fair to those who legitimately want to help and save businesses money to be treated like this you know.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 08:00:26

At 5/7/13 08:43 PM, MrSoxfan wrote:
Get a real job you stupid fuckup. Maybe then you can move out of your mom's basement and become useful.

I like how Ragnarokia can pour out his side of the story, and can fill us in on the unseen side that we only make contact with on the other side of the phone line ...

... and you retort with a dumb insult.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 08:24:44

Nine out of ten times when I answer a call from one they just hang up right away.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 08:29:25

At 5/7/13 08:49 PM, MrSoxfan wrote: "They're just trying to make a living." I guess that's what I get for posting in a forum populated by 4chan rejects.

Perhaps you should try posting in a forum populated by Newgrounds rejects. You might fit in better there.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 12:56:25

At 5/8/13 05:24 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: You do realise I WORKED in a cold calling business. You might think you know what such places are like, but I DO know what such places are like. These businesses aren't all the same as you think they are. In my business we would happily leave voice mails, we would happily call people back who didn't answer. We all did our own calls there is no automated system for calling. We went online and found businesses phone numbers, or we had others collecting such numbers for us to put on our system and then we PERSONALLY called each and every business that seemed fitting. Leaving comments about the businesses needs in our system so future callers would know information before calling to check if their requirements change and if they would find our services more useful at a later date.

First of all, I apologise my reply wasn't meant for you it was for the OP. I wasn't paying attention to the usernames and when I quoted someone i assumed the person who changed the quote to "stupid shit" I thought it was the OP. My post wasn't to contradict or challenge anything you said it was because the OP was acting like the agents in the call centre are retarded because they don't recognise that whoever they're calling does not want their service because they don't answer when in reality the agent has no fucking clue who they're calling.

Now that's cleared up, just to let you know while you worked in call centres, I am still working in one. In the last 7 years i've been in about 10 different call centres, every single one had automated systems to call customers. It seems as though you worked in B2B though which is a bit different from what the OP is getting pissed off at. You're calling other businesses which, yes the majority of the time you will be calling them manually and required to leave a voicemail because you have much less business to get through and need to make sure you get as much rapport and set the best relationship with them as possible.
However when it comes to working with a blue chip company wanting to call their customers to offer an upgrade on whatever product they have, it'd be fucking ridiculous to have all their agents call each customer individually conisistently to get a hold of one person, the majority of our day would be completely unproductive. While leaving a voicemail with businesses may work, leaving voicemails with Joe Bloggs does fuck all because the only way Joe Bloggs will ever buy from you is if you sell it to him properly as Joe Bloggs will listen to the voicemail realise it's a sales call and delete the message immediately. When a company has excess of 50mil customers, it's impossible to have a manual calling system because it would just be unprofitable.

Also stop making out as if our jobs are respectable. The only reason I work in a call centre is because It pays a shit load for an entry level position. Its literally the best job to have while you're a student. When I was working part time i was making more money on my bonus than people were with their full time wage. If it wasn't for the pay I'd work somewhere else till I finished uni. B2B...fair enough a lot of the time you are offering something useful but out of the 10 places I've worked in only 2 of them was I offering something that would benefit the customers.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 13:23:34

At 5/8/13 12:56 PM, Insanical wrote:

:In the last 7 years i've been in about 10 different call centres, every single one had automated systems to call customers.

Infact I'm lying, I just remembered I worked with a really small solar energy company where we had to dial manually. Worst fucking job ever. They had people go round door to door to fill out solar energy questionnaires making out as if it's a survey and that's all, then they'd bring the surveys back and we'd go through everyone and call them to try and get them interested to spend 10k or over on solar panels. 100% of my day was unproductive. 90% answering machines, wrong numbers and no answers the other 10% were old people where it's kind of pointless for them to have one since it's takes about 7-10years before you start to make your money back with them.

My point is, while there are exceptions to the rule of "telemarketing is evil" (as ragnarokia pointed out), it's generally true. Unfortunately it's pretty much the only way I could affford to pay rent and go to school at the same time. When it come down to it though, the whole evil side of it ie, the tactics sales people use, the overly pushing for sales isn't the agents fault it's the companies. I've been fired plenty of times because I didn't agree with what I was being told to do, it's the main reason i've worked in so many call centres. It's also the main reason why telemarketing has such a low retention rate for employing people. While most jobs you'll find people who've worked with the same company for 5 years, pretty much every person I made friends with in call centres have switched about companies conistently because the whole "telemarketing is evil" tends to be true. Nearly every job i've started has had atleast 15 people start the training, by the end of the training usually 50% have already left. 6 months into the job, usually I find only 2 or 3 people stay. Blame the companies not the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 13:26:56

At 5/7/13 10:31 AM, Ragnarokia wrote:
Do you still find it amusing to insult us? To abuse people who want to do their job?

Yes.
If your job was going around kicking children in the nuts, no one would give a shit about how hard it was for you to reach your 1000 daily nut-kicking target.
That's what your job is: Annoying people over the phone. Own up to it. It's an evil job. An unnecessary job. You are paid to bring pain and suffering to people. Don't play the victim.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 13:48:31

At 5/8/13 12:56 PM, Insanical wrote: First of all, I apologise my reply wasn't meant for you it was for the OP. I wasn't paying attention to the usernames and when I quoted someone i assumed the person who changed the quote to "stupid shit" I thought it was the OP. My post wasn't to contradict or challenge anything you said it was because the OP was acting like the agents in the call centre are retarded because they don't recognise that whoever they're calling does not want their service because they don't answer when in reality the agent has no fucking clue who they're calling.

Ah ok, then sorry for if I said anything bad to you personally, I was still commenting on the type of view that the OP gave and others seemed to follow. I haven't been in such a place that has the automated stuff myself, but the way you mention it does indeed make sense. I did guess such places existed from the earlier post but once again I was commenting against the view that "all the cold call businesses are the same, and they are evil trying to cheat you of money" etc. which some people still seem to have.

Now that's cleared up, just to let you know while you worked in call centres, I am still working in one. In the last 7 years i've been in about 10 different call centres, every single one had automated systems to call customers. It seems as though you worked in B2B though which is a bit different from what the OP is getting pissed off at. You're calling other businesses which, yes the majority of the time you will be calling them manually and required to leave a voicemail because you have much less business to get through and need to make sure you get as much rapport and set the best relationship with them as possible.

The reason the view is as bad as it is, is likely due to the fact that the OP doesn't understand the different types once more, there is a huge difference between calling businesses and calling public, before all the other differences are brought up with the individual company and their products etc.

However when it comes to working with a blue chip company wanting to call their customers to offer an upgrade on whatever product they have, it'd be fucking ridiculous to have all their agents call each customer individually conisistently to get a hold of one person, the majority of our day would be completely unproductive. While leaving a voicemail with businesses may work, leaving voicemails with Joe Bloggs does fuck all because the only way Joe Bloggs will ever buy from you is if you sell it to him properly as Joe Bloggs will listen to the voicemail realise it's a sales call and delete the message immediately. When a company has excess of 50mil customers, it's impossible to have a manual calling system because it would just be unprofitable.

Voicemails is seen as sort of a time dump aspect of the company, that 99% of them will likely be deleted or not bothered to be looked at, but the few that could get through and listened to even if not called back by the person themselves could leave the thought in their mind which may affect a future call a few days later or similar to check on it. I myself had no luck from voicemails but I did know some others who did recieve word from them. As a result it really is a time dump but in the end of the day can be worth the time.

Also stop making out as if our jobs are respectable. The only reason I work in a call centre is because It pays a shit load for an entry level position. Its literally the best job to have while you're a student. When I was working part time i was making more money on my bonus than people were with their full time wage. If it wasn't for the pay I'd work somewhere else till I finished uni. B2B...fair enough a lot of the time you are offering something useful but out of the 10 places I've worked in only 2 of them was I offering something that would benefit the customers.

I fully approve of when you say our job isn't some great amazing respectable position. As it depends on the company themselves and in the end of the day they do what they will for money, that is their business. My brother himself was also cold calling once and he absolutely hated it as he was selling things to 'old ladies' he knew they didn't need. I could never ever do that job myself, it would destroy me to use people like that and such jobs I fully approve are wrong, such companies are not respectable. However the people on the phone are what you have to think about, we are respectable, we are human like you all. Treating us like shit due to such views of the companies is not something you should feel proud about. If you are cold called politely let them know you are not interested.

I am more trying to state that our job is still something professional as it is still a business, holding with it high standards for customer relations etc. which is vital to have with companies that want to keep customers for as long as possible and who mostly find business via cold calling. (yours may differ but as I stated I only really knowall the fine details about the one I worked at)

I was always accepting of people who simply stated their weren't interested after letting me mention roughly what we could provide, or if they mentioned their current needs and I realised we counldn't be beneficial for them. Even barred numbers were a welcome relief for me as a barred number states they wouldn't want to be called. What got to me was when people didn't bar their numbers and then yell at me for calling them, swearing at me for something I didn't even do, endlessly throwing abuse at me due to calling a advertised contact number for their business. Aside from the usual abuse from those people the others who simply responded with rudeness and unprofessional tones and comments etc. got to me just as much, people who would hang up rudely, have a bad attitude, people who would be clearly uninterested in even keeping a professional image of their company while I was trying to have a nice call. People lying blatantly about being a business or not having others near them who I can hear them talk to, or even doing such things as crunching paper next to the reciever as if honestly thinking it sounds like interference, or one case where I even had someone make some really high pitches sound thing up against the reciever as if trying to deafen me when I was already going to hang up.

All I wanted was to be treated with some common decency, the same I always gave to even the rudest of people I called. But when I had to deal with all that stuff on a daily basis, being used as a punching bag for businesses unprofessional attitudes only to then return home and find others making threads like THIS, trying to make us out to be some evil low rank of society and trying to claim I didn't try to be nice or helpful or anything, you can see how it effects me.

In the end of the day as I mentioned before I had to leave this job, a mixture of my mind being torn apart with my emotions due to the treatment I received and being unable to make sales (sending out the applications in my position) as I was unable to adapt my customer service mindset to the sales position as I believed I could. I always cared to make sure the customer was happy rather than trying to sell them something, listening to their worries only to find the business wouldn't have benefited from helping them was the single worst thing that happened to my mentality during my job. When I promised myself I would help someone and be shut down like that by my company despite knowing the customer would have benefited greatly from it brought me to tears on two separate occasions.

So when people make me out to be some heartless manipulative low ranked minimum wage reject of society.....such people please think about the people you are talking to when you speak on the phone.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 14:03:34

At 5/8/13 01:26 PM, poxpower wrote: Yes.
If your job was going around kicking children in the nuts, no one would give a shit about how hard it was for you to reach your 1000 daily nut-kicking target.
That's what your job is: Annoying people over the phone. Own up to it. It's an evil job. An unnecessary job. You are paid to bring pain and suffering to people. Don't play the victim.

Finally, someone on this site who doesn't have his head firmly wedged up his ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 14:10:07

At 5/8/13 01:26 PM, poxpower wrote: You are paid to bring pain and suffering to people.

lmao Seriously? So when you answer the phone and you find out it's a sales call so you hang up, you consider yourself to be in pain? I feel really bad for your suffering.
Boo fucking hoo. While it's not a necessary job, it's not going to dissappear and it pays very well. When I was about to start uni the only entry level positions that were available were either McDonalds type shit or Call centres. Minimum wage, flipping burgers, a job perceived to be the lowest of the low vs way above min wage plus bonus, comfortablly sitting all day infront of a computer with access to the internet, a few people shout at you sometimes. HMMMMMMM which one should I choose?

There are plenty of ways to avoid those types of calls, the easiest of which takes two seconds to go "not interested" and hang up as soon as you realise it's a sale call. And if you're so fucking lazy that getting up to pick up the phone is pain and suffering to you, there's automated systems that block sales calls for free. Stop being such a whiny little bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 14:11:09

everybody knows that, don't state the obvious.

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 14:21:26

At 5/8/13 02:10 PM, Insanical wrote:
There are plenty of ways to avoid those types of calls, the easiest of which takes two seconds to go "not interested" and hang up as soon as you realise it's a sale call. And if you're so fucking lazy that getting up to pick up the phone is pain and suffering to you, there's automated systems that block sales calls for free. Stop being such a whiny little bitch.

Yeah maybe I should come knock at your door every day.
What? Just don't answer. So what if it's every day? Are you so much of a pussy that you care if your quality of life is diminished by assholes who try to sell you bullshit?

If you don't like it, why not just spend money on a service to prevent me from annoying you like a jackass? What? Too much of a big man not to spend your hard-earned cash trying to avoid my daily pesterings?

I'm glad you profited financially from this though, good for you for lowering the overall enjoyment of planet earth for probably thousands of people so you could put yourself through Uni. At least have the balls to own up to what you did. You took the easy way out and it came at the cost of annoying everyone else.

If I had done it, and I probably would have, I doubt I'd be here trying to rationalize my misdeed. Just go ahead and say it: "Yes, I didn't give a fuck about other people and it paid good money, fuck them and thanks for the cash!".

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 14:40:30

I've found it... The dumbest thread on newgrounds...

IT'S BEAUTIFUL

I apologize in advance.

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 14:43:53

At 5/8/13 02:21 PM, poxpower wrote:
If you don't like it, why not just spend money on a service to prevent me from annoying you like a jackass? What? Too much of a big man not to spend your hard-earned cash trying to avoid my daily pesterings?

"for free" Did you miss that part?

I'm glad you profited financially from this though, good for you for lowering the overall enjoyment of planet earth for probably thousands of people so you could put yourself through Uni. At least have the balls to own up to what you did. You took the easy way out and it came at the cost of annoying everyone else.

If I had done it, and I probably would have, I doubt I'd be here trying to rationalize my misdeed. Just go ahead and say it: "Yes, I didn't give a fuck about other people and it paid good money, fuck them and thanks for the cash!".

I've already admitted above that telemarketing is for the most part not a respectable job and even said it was evil. My point was less about justifying my job and more about people like you making out as if receiving a phone call is ruining your life.
Also, it wasn't so much the easy way out as it was my only option as I physically wouldn't be able to pay my rent without my bonus.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 15:44:39

At 5/8/13 02:43 PM, Insanical wrote:
At 5/8/13 02:21 PM, poxpower wrote:

I mentioned Telephone Preference Service at the end of the first page, and told people to google it, and gave an explanation for those that didn't. Since it seems no one can be bothered here is an actual link
http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html
Literally type "Telephone" into google and it is the second recommended search option.

I actually explained TPS on the phone during cold calls to several people who said they didn't want to recieve such calls, and they thanked me for it and told me they would look into it. I wasn't told to do such things for my job, but I did it anyway as I wanted to help and did help. TPS helps both those who don't want calls and the businesses who call. As they can't waste their time on a call that is barred. For ANYONE complaining about cold callers. USE TPS. It really is that easy.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 15:50:53

At 5/8/13 03:44 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Continued bullshit.

You think you can shut up now? No one cares about your defensive rambling you stupid unclefucker.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 16:28:51

At 5/8/13 03:50 PM, MrSoxfan wrote: You think you can shut up now? No one cares about your defensive rambling you stupid unclefucker.

Complains about receiving phone calls from telemarketers.
Told about a free service that stops those types of calls.
Tells that person to shut up.

Are you mentally ill by any chance?

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 17:11:32

At 5/8/13 02:43 PM, Insanical wrote:

"Certain kinds of telemarketing calls and faxes are exempt from the National DNCL, including those made by or on behalf of:

companies with whom an existing business commercial relationship with the consumer exists
newspapers looking for subscriptions
political parties and their candidates
registered charities seeking donations"

So yah, those dickwads will still pester me with their bullshit special insurance rates and credit cards.
http://toronto.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=toronto&
cdn=citiestowns&tm=29&f=10&su=p284.13.342.ip_p554.23.342.ip_
&tt=7&bt=4&bts=4&zu=https%3A//www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/index-eng

Plus pretty much no one knows about this service. What's this opt-out bullshit anyway? Organ donations should be opt-out, not receiving calls from dipshit carpet cleaners.

My point was less about justifying my job and more about people like you making out as if receiving a phone call is ruining your life.

Yeah, it is. I've been woken up several times thanks to them. So have my roommates.

Also, it wasn't so much the easy way out as it was my only option as I physically wouldn't be able to pay my rent without my bonus.

That's weird because it seems like other people are able to pay for education and rent while not working a job where they annoy for a living.

Anyway I'm going to go start my own company where I fart in people's mouths before they have lunch unless they pay me a dollar. What's the big deal? Not the end of the world, just a little blast of ass, can't hurt no one. JEEZ.

lol
Seriously I just hang up on telemarketers, I am way too nice and feel bad that they have to do such a shitty job but on the other hand, fuck them.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 18:41:12

At 5/8/13 05:11 PM, poxpower wrote: Plus pretty much no one knows about this service. What's this opt-out bullshit anyway? Organ donations should be opt-out, not receiving calls from dipshit carpet cleaners.

If they're calling you because you're an existing customer you jus have to tell them you want to opt-out of their marketing and they legally have to take you off their calling lists. A company I used to work for full database was purely customers who didn't tick the box at the end of the registration form to opt-out of any marketing. If they for some reason didn't read or notice it they just had to tell us over the phone and voila, no more calls.
I'm guessing it's the same rules for the other exemptions from that service.

Yeah, it is. I've been woken up several times thanks to them. So have my roommates.

Well I don't know where you're from or what the rules are there but it's illegal for any call centre here to make any outbound calls after 9pm here.

That's weird because it seems like other people are able to pay for education and rent while not working a job where they annoy for a living.

Because we all know education and rent are the same everywhere.
Don't act like everyones life experience is exactly the same. I have a lot of expenses even without my rent and education. While some people may be able to get by on minumum wage, if I didn't have my bonus i'd have to either go without heating or electricity or food etc.

Anyway I'm going to go start my own company where I fart in people's mouths before they have lunch unless they pay me a dollar. What's the big deal? Not the end of the world, just a little blast of ass, can't hurt no one. JEEZ.

You're very bad at analogies. Acting like getting a mildly annoying phone call is akin to farting in people's mouth is fucking ridiculous.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 19:18:39

At 5/8/13 06:41 PM, Insanical wrote:
If they're calling you because you're an existing customer you jus have to tell them you want to opt-out of their marketing and they legally have to take you off their calling lists.

Yeah I don't have any idea what the magical opt-out rules are that call center directors tell each other so they can avoid being pestered by their own kind.
I shouldn't have to know. They should just never call. Ever.

Well I don't know where you're from or what the rules are there but it's illegal for any call centre here to make any outbound calls after 9pm here.

Not everyone wakes up at 10am. Some people have different schedules and are woken up when some douche calls at noon to sell chimney-sweeping evaluations.

Because we all know education and rent are the same everywhere.

So no one in your country can get through school without working at a call center?

You're very bad at analogies. Acting like getting a mildly annoying phone call is akin to farting in people's mouth is fucking ridiculous.

I dunno, seems pretty close to me. Take less time to get farted on at least.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 19:37:09

At 5/8/13 07:18 PM, poxpower wrote: Yeah I don't have any idea what the magical opt-out rules are that call center directors tell each other so they can avoid being pestered by their own kind.
I shouldn't have to know. They should just never call. Ever.

It's not a magical rule it's common sense that if you don't want to be called you tell them not to. Legally if someone asks me to take them off our database I have to.

So no one in your country can get through school without working at a call center?

I never said that. My point is you're acting like everyone has the same expenses. Most people here get there education paid for by the govt. In certain cases, you have to pay for it. Rent on top of that, car insurance, petrol, gas and electricity, etc. Yes i wouldn't be able to afford it all without working in a call centre. Pretty much every other entry level position in Glasgow is minimum wage.

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 21:54:13

speakinh of telemarketers

I hate getting their calls

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 22:38:52

The next time a telemarketer calls you should do what Tom Mabe did,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAb8vGSRBoE

Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-08 22:58:41

I feel bad when I hang up on telemarketers.
Anyone else feel that way?

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.