New Topic Respond to this Topic
NuclearInfected
NuclearInfected
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Audiophile
Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-04-25 19:32:01 Reply

Calling my house even though we literally never answer. I know they're all brain-dead pig fuckers, but you'd think even they would start to notice a pattern. I don't even understand how caller ID didn't put an end to them many years ago.

BBS Signature
scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-04-25 19:33:13 Reply

They call like thousands of people every day, you think they would remember yours out of like a ton of people?

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-04-25 19:35:12 Reply

They're even more annoying because they're almost always Indian.

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud
ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-04-25 19:37:25 Reply

They don't care. It's some guy getting paid minimum wage to place those calls. He's probably GLAD that you don't answer, so that he can just cross you off the list and be that much closer to being done.

GoryBlizzard
GoryBlizzard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-04-25 19:59:43 Reply

A job is a job and there are many people willing to take on telemarketing jobs out of desperation. I can't see myself doing that.

I almost never get telemarketing calls, and when I do, I always try to end the conversation as quickly as possible.

TehPoptartKid
TehPoptartKid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-04-25 20:43:35 Reply

Whenever they call my house, I sometimes mess with them and say this is dominos right? I would like to order two pizzas. One pepperoni, the other sausage. Add a side of wings, and add a liter of diet coke to that order. Thanks! Bye bye!

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-04-25 21:23:32 Reply

Hey, man, why you gotta put them down like that? They're just trying to get by. loose butthole, man. so loose.

Telemarketers are so retarded

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
TracyJacksonTAW
TracyJacksonTAW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-04-25 21:28:41 Reply

some marketers are really focused...

TracyJackson
The Art of Warfare gaming community Member
Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

triplenoob
triplenoob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-04-25 21:43:18 Reply

I'm always real nice to them and say that I understand that their day must be long. Most of the time I try to cheer them up a little, because this job must be a pain in the ass.

[My Art] Sig made by me PM me if you want one just as sexy, or request one here

BBS Signature
Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-04-25 22:12:27 Reply

I haven't received a telemarketer call in years. I honestly thought that had died out with the advent of Web 2.0.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-04-25 23:00:07 Reply

At 4/25/13 07:32 PM, MrSoxfan wrote: Calling my house even though we literally never answer. I know they're all brain-dead pig fuckers, but you'd think even they would start to notice a pattern. I don't even understand how caller ID didn't put an end to them many years ago.

LOL. It's a computer that tells them to call you. Blame the computer, not the people lol

BenwaHakubi
BenwaHakubi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-04-26 07:39:33 Reply

I like to waste their time so they lose money. :P Can't pitch sales to naiive people while I am trolling.

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-04-26 07:41:25 Reply

At 4/25/13 07:35 PM, YellowisCOOL wrote: They're even more annoying because they're almost always Indian.

They get really angry really easily if you fuck with them.

BBS Signature
Tediisan
Tediisan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-04-26 11:01:39 Reply

As much as I hate getting calls for them I feel sorry for them because it must be a very tedious job calling people and half of them being assholes to the telemarketers

I try to be polite to them and tell them I'm not interested

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-04-26 11:52:50 Reply

At 4/25/13 07:37 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: They don't care. It's some guy getting paid minimum wage to place those calls. He's probably GLAD that you don't answer, so that he can just cross you off the list and be that much closer to being done.

Well I suspect they get paid by the amount of products they manage to sell, or there might be some kind of bonus system that drives them to sell as much as they can. At least, I know that's how it usually works here for door-to-door salesmen and telemarketers and I guess that's also why some are so persistent.

Anyway, thankfully I've never had to deal with telemarketers stalking me. It helps that I only got a mobile phone and I never give companies or websites my phone number if I don't have to.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-04-26 12:18:37 Reply

Don't hate on the poor bastards who have to work those awful jobs; hate on the companies who still think telemarketing is the most effective method to convey their services.

Sure, we all hate getting telemarketing calls, but did you ever stop to think that the people making the calls probably hate their jobs just as much? The only thing they've even remotely done wrong is to accept a job offer from such a backwards company, but if you only have one job offer on the table then you're hardly going to turn it down. Imagine if you ever found yourself having to work such a job, dealing with asshole after asshole who blamed you personally for your company's commercial strategy. It's not so far outside the realms of possibility; I know a guy who's seriously intelligent and yet had to work a telemarketing job at one point.

Give them a break. They're only trying to make a living.

BBS Signature
juliamathew
juliamathew
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-06 21:56:59 Reply

I think they are not retarded, actually they do their marketing job, yes its annoying but its their work

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-06 22:09:29 Reply

At 5/6/13 09:56 PM, juliamathew wrote: I think they are not retarded, actually they do their marketing job, yes its annoying but its their work

There was absolutely no reason to bump this thread.

lel

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-06 22:10:28 Reply

At 5/6/13 10:09 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 5/6/13 09:56 PM, juliamathew wrote: I think they are not retarded, actually they do their marketing job, yes its annoying but its their work
There was absolutely no reason to bump this thread.

He's bumping things that are 2 weeks old.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Reader
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-06 23:01:35 Reply

At 4/25/13 09:43 PM, triplenoob wrote: I'm always real nice to them and say that I understand that their day must be long. Most of the time I try to cheer them up a little, because this job must be a pain in the ass.

You are a good soul, you know that?

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-06 23:07:08 Reply

At 4/25/13 07:37 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: They don't care. It's some guy getting paid minimum wage to place those calls. He's probably GLAD that you don't answer, so that he can just cross you off the list and be that much closer to being done.

Right here.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-06 23:10:53 Reply

At 4/25/13 07:32 PM, MrSoxfan wrote: I know they're all brain-dead pig fuckers, but you'd think even they would start to notice a pattern.

Lol they're different companies that pay workers a shit wage to call random numbers all day long they're not gonna notice that your house didn't pick up one day

How did you think telemarketing worked? Sounds like you're the brain-dead pig fucker

NuclearInfected
NuclearInfected
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Audiophile
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-06 23:20:23 Reply

At 5/6/13 11:10 PM, Entice wrote:
At 4/25/13 07:32 PM, MrSoxfan wrote: I know they're all brain-dead pig fuckers, but you'd think even they would start to notice a pattern.
Lol they're different companies that pay workers a shit wage to call random numbers all day long they're not gonna notice that your house didn't pick up one day

How did you think telemarketing worked? Sounds like you're the brain-dead pig fucker

Well I'm not the one harassing people over the phone for some scam operation. Don't defend these losers.

BBS Signature
blarrkey
blarrkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Filmmaker
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-06 23:25:26 Reply

They're just trying to earn a living. And they like their jobs. They're professional trolls.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-06 23:31:27 Reply

At 5/6/13 11:20 PM, MrSoxfan wrote: Well I'm not the one harassing people over the phone for some scam operation. Don't defend these losers.

Yeah trying to make a decent living in an impoverished country is such a loser thing to do

triplenoob
triplenoob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-07 08:55:48 Reply

At 5/6/13 11:01 PM, SmartyPants wrote:
At 4/25/13 09:43 PM, triplenoob wrote: I'm always real nice to them and say that I understand that their day must be long. Most of the time I try to cheer them up a little, because this job must be a pain in the ass.
You are a good soul, you know that?

I try my best to be a good person, anyway.

[My Art] Sig made by me PM me if you want one just as sexy, or request one here

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-07 10:31:26 Reply

I just finished my job as a cold calling telemarketer myself. Do you have any idea how it feels to have people being rude to you, swearing at you, complaining about you calling them every single day, multiple times a day? I had people calling me every rude word under the sun over several minutes as I tried to apologise to them, having them ignoring any attempts I made to show I truly didn't want to cause them any grief. Do you know how it feels to be completely and utterly rejected over the hundreds of calls we make a day? Being a cold caller is not just a "foreign office" thing, it is not just a low rank job, it is not something those unable to find other work do. It is a legitimate position which many people in this country partake in to try and provide services to others. Something which is endlessly hated on by so many members of society.

It also seems like you don't understand our difficult targets. You treat us as if it is a simple task, something done by only low ranks of society etc. Our targets didn't consist of just calling people. They didn't consist of being glad if people didn't want to talk to us.

These were my daily targets as an apprentice:
1 hour 30 minutes calltime, calltime means time I am actually talking to the potential customer, not ringing time, not being barred, not having wrong numbers, not when writing information. Others in the office had 2 hours 30 minutes calltime. This was over a 7.5 hour day. Think of how hard that target is to reach every day if people refuse to talk and hang up instantly.

Our second target was 5 applications a day, these meant we talked to a potential customer and made them interested in our services, collected enough information and agreed to send them some information on our services. 5 a day. 5. This is also within the call time target. How difficult is that if people refuse to talk to us, if people waste our time with pretending they are interested when they aren't?

Finally there is the target which myself as a sales apprentice didn't have, but my senior sales and the rest of the cold calling staff had. This was making 1 - 3 sales per day. This is following up previous information sent, or making a brand new cold call, get the potential customer interested and have them sign up to the services providing the details to begin providing our service asap. How hard do you think this is to complete each day?

I myself wasn't even a salesperson, I was providing information to businesses about our services which would legitimately save companies money. I won't go into details as I don't want people to know the company itself but that is no lie in the slightest, I knew everything about the company and even knowing the finer details the statement "it would save businesses money" was true. If it couldn't we wouldn't provide it to them. So as a result how do you think it felt to be constantly rejected, yells at, sworn at, complained at, blamed for things I didn't even do. Do you have any idea how emotionaly crippling my job was when all I cared about was helping people, to have said people throwing me aside and giving me abuse? I had to leave eventually due to the stress and mental emotional pain I recieved from the businesses I called.

Do you still find it amusing to insult us? To abuse people who want to do their job? To ignore them instantly as soon as you find out it is a cold call? Cold calling is not attacking or invading the person being rung. It is the person being rung who attacks and invades the cold caller. Yet people will forever complain about it, they will forever make it out as if they are the ones getting hurt over the calls. Think of the person on the other end of the phone, the person just trying to make a living and help you.

At 4/26/13 12:18 PM, NEVR wrote: Don't hate on the poor bastards who have to work those awful jobs; hate on the companies who still think telemarketing is the most effective method to convey their services.

Thanks for actually understanding

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-07 10:41:56 Reply

At 5/7/13 10:31 AM, Ragnarokia wrote:

I also forgot to mention how there is a service called "Telephone Preference Service" or "TPS" Google it. Look at it.

TPS is a FREE service which people can use, it is a service cold callers use. It is something we all have in place. What TPS means if you for some reason haven't googled it, basically it lists your number as a "barred number" Every day I would call at least 30 "barred numbers" which we would not be allowed to call and the phone service we used would deny us access. This service was made for the sole purpose of making companies and people who didn't want marketing and sales calls free from such calls. It benefits both sides of the call, we know not to call and you don't get annoyed. See how that works?

How painful do you think it is when people swear endlessly at us for calling them when they can't be arsed to set up TPS?

If you don't have TPS we are not invading your privacy, not having TPS means we are legally allowed to call you. So we do. It is our job and if you do not have it how do we not know you aren't interested in such calls?

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-07 17:27:28 Reply

At 5/6/13 11:20 PM, MrSoxfan wrote: Well I'm not the one harassing people over the phone for some scam operation. Don't defend these losers.

Sometimes, it's better to just admit when you're wrong.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
NuclearInfected
NuclearInfected
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Audiophile
Response to Telemarketers are so retarded 2013-05-07 20:43:31 Reply

At 5/7/13 10:31 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: Stupid shit

Get a real job you stupid fuckup. Maybe then you can move out of your mom's basement and become useful.

BBS Signature