New Topic Respond to this Topic
RiptideDf
RiptideDf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Lets share the love (fans) 2013-04-25 15:24:22 Reply

Not sure if i have this in the right section. So forgive me if i don't. But i am wanting to find people that are interesting in sharing each other(s) fan base. Most of my fans are on Facebook considering i am new to NewGrounds. But i am willing to show off anyone's art to them if anyone is willing to do the same for me. One thing i learned when i took up this field is an artist is only as good as their reputation. Regardless of how talented you are, doesn't mean anything if no one heard of you. So let me know if anyone is interested.

kmau
kmau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Lets share the love (fans) 2013-04-25 16:54:14 Reply

At 4/25/13 03:24 PM, TheSketchArt wrote: One thing i learned when i took up this field is an artist is only as good as their reputation. Regardless of how talented you are, doesn't mean anything if no one heard of you.

This is debatable. I know quite a few artists who create just for self-fulfillment and know they are talented without others telling them. I can only assume you meant the field of professional-artist-who-wants-to-make-a-living-from-it.

BBS Signature
CharacterDesigner
CharacterDesigner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Lets share the love (fans) 2013-04-25 18:16:14 Reply

Yeh sounds good!

RiptideDf
RiptideDf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Lets share the love (fans) 2013-04-25 19:20:51 Reply

At 4/25/13 04:54 PM, kmau wrote:
At 4/25/13 03:24 PM, TheSketchArt wrote: One thing i learned when i took up this field is an artist is only as good as their reputation. Regardless of how talented you are, doesn't mean anything if no one heard of you.
This is debatable. I know quite a few artists who create just for self-fulfillment and know they are talented without others telling them. I can only assume you meant the field of professional-artist-who-wants-to-make-a-living-from-it.

Well i don't need to fish for compliments. I do this for a living already. So i know i am good. I am no Stan Lee or Martin Abel. But i have enough confidence in my work to know it stands on it's own. Regardless of my reasons on why i want to get my name out there, does it matter? Isn't that my personal prerogative? The point of this thread is that who ever agrees this gets a chance to earn a bunch of new fans as well as i get to earn some new ones as well. If people want to do this for the sake of "attention" so be it. it's none of my business. People draw for different reasons.

RiptideDf
RiptideDf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Lets share the love (fans) 2013-04-25 19:25:27 Reply

At 4/25/13 06:16 PM, CharacterDesigner wrote: Yeh sounds good!

So you interested?

CharacterDesigner
CharacterDesigner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Lets share the love (fans) 2013-04-25 19:45:40 Reply

At 4/25/13 07:25 PM, TheSketchArt wrote:
At 4/25/13 06:16 PM, CharacterDesigner wrote: Yeh sounds good!
So you interested?

Yeah for sure man, pm me more details or however you wanna do this

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Lets share the love (fans) 2013-04-25 23:28:10 Reply

Sharing fans aside, another good way to get your art out there on Newgrounds is to create a personal art showcase thread.
You've obviously seen a few of them, and it's a good way to make more people aware of your art, as well as open the floor to any critique by one our of many users. A bit of feedback for improvement is always good.

RiptideDf
RiptideDf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Lets share the love (fans) 2013-04-27 19:06:43 Reply

At 4/25/13 11:28 PM, bigjonny13 wrote: Sharing fans aside, another good way to get your art out there on Newgrounds is to create a personal art showcase thread.
You've obviously seen a few of them, and it's a good way to make more people aware of your art, as well as open the floor to any critique by one our of many users. A bit of feedback for improvement is always good.

Went ahead and took your advice. Tried it out with just one design for now. See how that goes.