New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 1st, 2013 @ 10:28 AM Reply

Windows 7 legal copy works fine for older games that work on windows xp and windows 98 for me.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

gracy123
gracy123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 1st, 2013 @ 11:43 AM Reply

I'm using win XP

Freaki-boy92
Freaki-boy92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 1st, 2013 @ 09:26 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 11:48 AM, triplenoob wrote:
At 4/25/13 10:22 AM, Viper50 wrote: I had to use 95 for awhile before we were able to get 98 ._.
we couldn't afford to get a computer with Windows 98 on it when it came out.....
You and me both, man. But that guy was born in 98. Considering this fact, he had to be about 6 when he used a computer for the first time, maybe 5. So let's say the first time he used Windows 95 was in 2003-04, and he said he used it extensively. So depending on the meaning of extensively, I'd say 3-4 years. So he says he used Windows 95 until 2007 or 2008? Doesn't make sense to me. There's being poor, and then there's being extra freaking poor. People that poor shouldn't even be able to afford a computer anyway.

i was 3 when i first used a computer
i was born in 1992, it was an ms-dos machine

/i could use ms-dos at age 3/

yeah

dosbox came naturally to me.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 1st, 2013 @ 10:00 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 09:51 AM, CaptainCornhole wrote: I'm using Vista, I can't figure out why it gets so much hate. Win8 on the other hand is utter garbage, the updates implemented in 8 could have easily been released in a service pack for 7.

Before SP1 Vista was bad, but afterwards it was perfectly fine. People just hate it because others hate it, and most of them still use XP and are under the delusion that running XP is fine anymore.

Winrar1337
Winrar1337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Movie Buff
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 1st, 2013 @ 10:03 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 09:08 AM, SirJeffofShorter wrote: People that still use Windows are stupid.

People who use Macs are far dumber.

"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 1st, 2013 @ 10:07 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 08:51 AM, Sekhem wrote: if you were born in the year 98 was released, why the hell did you extensively use 95

We were using 95 and 98 well after XP had been released.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 1st, 2013 @ 10:24 PM Reply

At 5/1/13 10:03 PM, stevenman36 wrote:
At 4/25/13 09:08 AM, SirJeffofShorter wrote: People that still use Windows are stupid.
Care to explain your bullshit?

He probably uses babbybuntu and thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread

Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 1st, 2013 @ 10:26 PM Reply

This just in, preferences make someone stupid.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Jacob
Jacob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Voice Actor
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 1st, 2013 @ 11:47 PM Reply

I've never tried Windows 8, but so far Windows 7 has been amazing.
Surprisingly, despite the sleek design and new window effects, it is the fastest OS I've used so far.

Vista was sort of like a beta, in my opinion. Incredibly buggy, but on the right track.

For those advocating the Mac: You're right. There are times at which Apple has the optimal computer and/or operating system. However, for my personal needs, I find Windows to be far more suitable.
Of course, my grandfather has a little more money, so I set up a dual system for him, with which he can boot either OS - though the technology is primarily PC, since Apple is very bad about ensuring no one can stand to profit but their own company. So hardware is difficult to interchange.

I voice act because I'm insecure about my weight.

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:04 AM Reply

95 - I don't think I have used it at all.

98 - I had a laptop that my grandparents gave me when I was a child. I played games like Roller Coaster Tycoon and The Sims on it.

ME - I never used it and I'm glad I never did.

2000 - Never used it.

XP - This was the first operating system I have ever used. I liked it when I used it. I don't like it as much now because I'm so used to Windows 7. It's still a great OS.

Vista - I think I also liked this. I never really understood the criticism of it. There's probably something I was missing.

7 - I love this OS. I have been using it since 2010 and I don't plan on getting a newer OS anytime soon.

8 - I hate it. I hate the Metro design. I hate the bland colors. It's too different than the previous Windows operating systems.

sugarsimon
sugarsimon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:16 AM Reply

Windows XP is my currently software.

supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:31 AM Reply

windows gets tons of viruses & runs horribly . . . os x mountain lion is much better than any iteration of windows

--supergandhi64

BBS Signature
Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:43 AM Reply

I've heard that Vista's issues were fixed by the first service pack. All of my experience with Vista was pre-SP1 and it always ran really slow, which apparently had something to do with Vista's Aero graphics hogging memory or something. Seemed buggy overall.

Windows 95 was a mystery since I didn't know much about computers when I used it, Windows 98 was great for the little PC games that I had access to at the time and was very practical from what I remember, Windows XP was pretty great and most of my computer-learning occurred during my time with it (including learning how to deal with viruses, which is a skill that now earns me roughly $20 a month from friends and family asking me to fix their shit), and Windows 7 feels like a natural follow-up to XP that carries over most if not all of the good qualities.

Windows 8 seems to be built for use with tablets and touchscreens, which seems weird and gimmicky. The design seems like they tried to make it easier for non-tech-savvy people to use, which annoys me and seems to get in the way whenever I try to accomplish something that they don't have a button for. It almost feels more like a smartphone OS than a computer OS to me, and I wouldn't use it instead of 7.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
aListers
aListers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:52 AM Reply

Windows XP for life. If I had the choice then I'd have a computer running windows XP. Windows 7 is alright but it was nothing compared to XP.

I grew up on windows 98 but I truly lived on XP.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-on= anime era.
What have I done with my life?
clock crew

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 2nd, 2013 @ 03:39 AM Reply

I run XP and 7 on VMware, does it count?

Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 2nd, 2013 @ 03:47 AM Reply

I remember 95 and 98 well and fondly. I still use Windows XP shamelessly....I'm pissed that I can't seem to run Battlefield 3, even though my PC itself is absolutely up to spec, it seems to refuse to run because of the Operating System. This makes me very sad, because I still love Battlefield 2...and I refuse to buy Battlefield 3 for PS3...I have a PC disc for it that I can't even use.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 2nd, 2013 @ 10:24 AM Reply

At 5/1/13 10:00 PM, BumFodder wrote: Before SP1 Vista was bad, but afterwards it was perfectly fine. People just hate it because others hate it, and most of them still use XP and are under the delusion that running XP is fine anymore.

My sister's computer uses XP. But something happened to it and now it wont even turn on. So we used some other computer that I had. It's so old that it had(and still has) Windows XP Service Pack 1 when it was new.

so its from around 2002.

Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 2nd, 2013 @ 10:28 AM Reply

At 5/2/13 10:24 AM, Viper50 wrote: My sister's computer uses XP. But something happened to it and now it wont even turn on. So we used some other computer that I had. It's so old that it had(and still has) Windows XP Service Pack 1 when it was new.
so its from around 2002.

When you press the button does it turn on but the screen doesnt appear or does nothing happen at all?

Viper
Viper
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 2nd, 2013 @ 10:41 AM Reply

At 5/2/13 10:28 AM, BumFodder wrote: When you press the button does it turn on but the screen doesnt appear or does nothing happen at all?

When you press the button it turns green for a second then orange for a couple seconds and then turns off.

Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 2nd, 2013 @ 11:10 AM Reply

Seriously? Windows 2000 all the way, though I upgraded to WinME, wasn't so good, actually, terrible.

original I am.

BBS Signature
AmpdVodka
AmpdVodka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 2nd, 2013 @ 11:21 AM Reply

Windows XP has to be the best in my opinion. Although I do have fond gaming memories with 95 and mostly 98. I use windows 8 now though and hate it!

Its just too true

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 2nd, 2013 @ 11:31 AM Reply

7 is great, i'll probably use it until they drop it (hopes something better than 8 comes out)

Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:15 PM Reply

Probably WIndows 7. I haven't tried Windows 8 yet, though.

Blue-SilverDragon
Blue-SilverDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:32 PM Reply

I would have to say that XP and 7 are my fav OSes so far. Windows 8... eh, needs some improvement. Its essentially a modified 7.

"I am a part of all that I have met."- Alfred, Lord Tennyson

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Which version of Windows? May. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:46 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 09:51 AM, CaptainCornhole wrote: I'm using Vista, I can't figure out why it gets so much hate

It was an unfinished piece of junk that gave you viruses. Or so I heard, I use 7 on my laptop and XP on my ancient PC and htey are dominate vista any day.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus! // You shall watch and you shall like. // #FREEAMA2014

BBS Signature