kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 16:23:34 Reply

At 4/24/13 04:05 PM, Hikky-Dikky wrote:
At 4/24/13 03:32 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 4/24/13 03:27 PM, Hikky-Dikky wrote: This is the second time that they've had this happen? How did they not learn from the first time that just praying won't work?
learn ?? this is religion we are talking about
Religion by itself doesn't make people this stupid.

its made out of stupidity and makes them sink further in stupidity

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 16:55:59 Reply

Lol. Christians.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

BBS Signature
badfurrykitty
badfurrykitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 16:59:52 Reply

There is certain religions where they BELIEVE that God can "heal" them in their time of need through prayer. Although this likely true in a more "spiritual" and "emotional" matter, Physical conditions seem to apply to this case to them.

They can be the nicest people you ever met in your block too but once someone dies from withdrawing medical care, They are seem to be identified as "heartless" murderer. How you guys feel is up to you, It's just the matter of how you would swallow this situation. Either way, it's still a sad outcome for both sides it's even stated the couple are grieving over this.

Sexy Yes? I would think so :3

Gramiscus
Gramiscus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 17:35:54 Reply

At 4/24/13 04:59 PM, badfurrykitty wrote: There is certain religions where they BELIEVE that God can "heal" them in their time of need through prayer. Although this likely true in a more "spiritual" and "emotional" matter, Physical conditions seem to apply to this case to them.

They can be the nicest people you ever met in your block too but once someone dies from withdrawing medical care, They are seem to be identified as "heartless" murderer. How you guys feel is up to you, It's just the matter of how you would swallow this situation. Either way, it's still a sad outcome for both sides it's even stated the couple are grieving over this.

I'm surprised that law is sticking their nose into this situation. Arrested because of religious beliefs precluding modern medical care, huh

I go to school to study how high frequency sound waves can heal, ...or KILL.

zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 18:05:24 Reply

At 4/24/13 02:33 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 4/24/13 01:54 PM, zag wrote: This child didn't die so much due to praying.
They died due to stupidity.
How much can you die?

The reason wasn't so much due to praying.
Don't be a smart ass.

At 4/24/13 03:17 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
exactly, as the first is a consequence of the second

They could have brought their child to the hospital while praying.
Their child died because they couldn't multitask.
Or because they thought that their god would save them without any other action besides asking a favor.

Praying in itself isn't entirely stupid, though I suppose that is a matter of opinion.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 18:10:23 Reply

PRAISE THE LORD! SURELY HE WILL HELP ME SURVIVE!

seriously what is wrong with them

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 18:15:48 Reply

but if they accept they need medical care, then they would be accepting praying is no use

Say no to rape.

wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 18:17:01 Reply

I hope that was their last kid and they don't have anymore.
They better press charges against those tards.

That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 18:25:15 Reply

At 4/24/13 06:10 PM, BumFodder wrote: PRAISE THE LORD! SURELY HE WILL HELP ME SURVIVE!

maybe they were praying exactly for what happened

Say no to rape.

zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 18:54:54 Reply

At 4/24/13 06:15 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
but if they accept they need medical care, then they would be accepting praying is no use

Not necessarily.
By faith based logic, a divine being is very unlikely to perform a miracle and saves someones live by themself. However, if you do what you need to do to save your child and ask a higher power for help, there's a chance that they will up the odds of survival.

I don't even necessarily believe that. Still, I can see where other people would.

BBS Signature
Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 18:55:35 Reply

You know, most people seek medical attention AND pray for peoples' well-being.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 18:56:30 Reply

At 4/24/13 06:25 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 4/24/13 06:10 PM, BumFodder wrote: PRAISE THE LORD! SURELY HE WILL HELP ME SURVIVE!

maybe they were praying exactly for what happened

just as planned

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 19:24:22 Reply

At 4/24/13 04:06 PM, Lemonardo wrote: Let us pray.

Let Us Prey

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 20:06:10 Reply

At 4/24/13 12:54 PM, Mohabot wrote: I feel sorry for that child, but its up to people what to believe on. It was THEIR choice, they chose to believe that faith healing could help their own child, so they did. Unfortunately the kid died, but ultimately it was their choice.

Dude...it wasn't their choice. It was that kids choice. I doubt he wanted his family to keep praying if he was aware and understood that he could of got medical assistance. They killed him.. :|

Th-e
Th-e
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 21:40:11 Reply

Looking at this makes me think of an old joke:

A Fundamentalist Christian is trapped in a building as the city has flooded all around. A boat pulls up to the window. The rescuers cry out, âEUoeGet in,âEU but the Fundamentalist says, âEUoeNo, I have faith that God will save me.âEU

The waters continue to rise and the Fundamentalist retreats to the top floor. Another boat pulls up to the window and the rescuers cry out, âEUoeCome, letâEUTMs get you out of here.âEU Again, the Fundamentalist stubbornly says, âEUoeNo, I have faith that God will save me.âEU

The waters continue to rise and the Fundamentalist retreats to the roof. A helicopter flies over and a rope ladder rolls down. âEUoeCome on, weâEUTMll take you to safetyâEU the rescuers cry. Unafraid, the Fundamentalist says, âEUoeNo, I have faith that God will save me.âEU

Finally, the waters rise over the building and the poor Fundamentalist drowns. He goes to meet God and cries out with shock and indignation, âEUoeGod, I had faith in you. Why did you let me drown?âEU

âEUoeWhat do you want?âEU asks God rhetorically, âEUoeI sent you two boats and a helicopter.âEU

------------------------------
Maybe people who believe in the faith healing thing should look at this more closely.

Feel no mercy for me. It will only cause you to suffer as well.

Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 21:46:02 Reply

I'd hate to admit I watched it, but Family Guy did an episode on this exact issue one time.
It ended with them saying that maybe god's answer was medicine.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 21:55:41 Reply

At 4/24/13 09:46 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: I'd hate to admit I watched it, but Family Guy did an episode on this exact issue one time.
It ended with them saying that maybe god's answer was medicine.

As unfunny as family guy is, that would probably be true if god without a doubt existed.

Piggler
Piggler
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 35
Artist
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 22:08:18 Reply

How can they be charged with anything for adhering to strict religious rules? It's their kid, so how the fuck is it anyone else's business how they choose to address health problems?

BBS Signature
Cynical-Charlotte
Cynical-Charlotte
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Writer
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 22:14:22 Reply

Whatever program their church was running could certainly have not been based on Scripture. I am unaware of any verses which indicate that one should pray and take no action when possible. On the contrary, there are plenty of places in both the Old and New Testament where is is advisable to treat wounds and sicknesses appropriately. Proverbs even condones drinking alcohol (in moderation) when going through tough times.

1. Now Isaiah had said, "Let them take a cake of figs and apply it to the boil, that he may recover." - Isaiah 38:21

2. No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments. - 1 Timothy 5:23

3. And went to [him], and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. - Luke 10:34

4.But when Jesus heard [that], he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. - Matthew 9:12

5. Give strong drink to the one who is perishing, and wine to those in bitter distress. - Proverbs 31:6

"Yes!" - Fred Fredburger
CC | Nemesis | Lit Lovers | Ideas Worth Spreading

BBS Signature
Cynical-Charlotte
Cynical-Charlotte
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Writer
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 22:19:24 Reply

At 4/24/13 10:08 PM, Piggler wrote: How can they be charged with anything for adhering to strict religious rules? It's their kid, so how the fuck is it anyone else's business how they choose to address health problems?

Freedom of religion only applies when its expression does not infringe upon the rights of others. Currently, the parents are responsible for the physical health of their children. Neglect and/or actively harming your child is defined as "child abuse," which religious institutions are not exempt from. While the parents' prayers were not directly hurting the child, refusing to seek medical attention despite being presumably able to do so constitutes neglect. Moreover, the religion they claim to adhere to does not even remotely condone their behavior.

"Yes!" - Fred Fredburger
CC | Nemesis | Lit Lovers | Ideas Worth Spreading

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-24 23:22:24 Reply

The amount of times I facepalmed during this thread...

Look, prayer is useless. There is no evidence or good reason that it works. However, most religions do not say that you should replace medical attention with prayer. Religion therefore cannot be the culprit in this senseless death. One could argue that religion gave an easier alternative treatment as an incentive to the child's needs, but in our modern society now we do not think that God will solve all of our problems (we think that he will maybe back up us a little, which is still ridiculous). It was very much just the parent's fault that their child died. If they hadn't been religious they might still have made a mistake just as stupid.

Religion has many faults and there are so many things that are wrong with it, but the results of fundamentalists cannot be used to blame religion, unless one can prove that religion was a major factor in the extremism.

So how about you guys stop using this rare incident to villify religion? It only makes our side of the argument look significantly worse.

Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
VJF
VJF
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 31
Movie Buff
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 04:19:58 Reply

I'm glad the kid's dead. It will show other morons that believe faith heals how stupid they and religion really are and maybe people will start getting the hint.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature
Nithael
Nithael
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 04:29:58 Reply

EXACTLY the words that came out of my mouth when I read this topic.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.
My youtube channel!

Nithael
Nithael
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 04:40:50 Reply

Quite frankly I cant understand how people can still believe that god would still even give a fuck about us. As I have stated previously I am a Nihilist and as such I dont believe in anything, but in all honesty if god DID create us and DOES have a plan for us, we fucked that plan up a long time ago and at this point I seriously doubt any kind of god would actually WANT to save us, regardless of how "forgiving" it would ever possibly be. I hope this happens to every single stupid motherfucker willing to completely abandon him/herself and completely rely on an allmighty being to save them from their own stupidity.

"I know what god thinks, god thinks your a waste of flesh, god prefers an athiest, god thinks all people like you are hateful, god thinks all people like you are an embarrassment to creation. Self-righteous, judgemental, first to throw the stone. Using his name, for your own protection."

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.
My youtube channel!

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 04:44:01 Reply

They shouldn't be allowed to have Children anymore. Also, they both look like wackjobs.

Nice hair!

Child dies due to praying

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Freaki-boy92
Freaki-boy92
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 07:59:48 Reply

At 4/24/13 12:54 PM, Mohabot wrote: I feel sorry for that child, but its up to people what to believe on. It was THEIR choice, they chose to believe that faith healing could help their own child, so they did. Unfortunately the kid died, but ultimately it was their choice.

so you would defend the boston bombers in the same way
"yeah they bombed the marathon, unfortunately many were injured and a few died, but ultimately it was their choice"
or maybe 9/11?
"yeah they flew a plane into the world trade center, unfortunately many died but ultimately it was their choice"
or maybe carl panzram
"i feel sorry for his victims, but it's up to people what to believe on. it was HIS choice, he chose to believe that killing those people was the right thing to do, so he did. Unfortunately the victims died, but ultimately it was his choice"

see how stupid all of those look?
yeah. that's what your argument looks like to me. when people die because of a belief system? that's where i draw the fucking line.

Thegluestickman
Thegluestickman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 08:47:37 Reply

Guys guys, if you look at the religion they belong to it's "fundamentalist christian" which means they're extremists. Like anything, once you're an extremist you start doing stupid things.

To protect the world from devastation.
kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 12:12:03 Reply

if the kid survived he would be one brainwashed fuckhead.

lel

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 13:36:05 Reply

"Fundamentalist Christian Church". Do these people realise that one of the Apostles of Jesus was a doctor? The Apostle Paul even ordered Timothy to use medicine (1 Timothy 5:23) to help cure his stomach issues. Mathew 9:12 states that those who are well have no need of a physician. Only those who are sick.

I think the way that people have taken religions like Islam and Christianity and twisted them into such insane cult-like factions is sick. The issue isn't Christianity here. It's twisted people who don't know how to think for themselves, and let their little cult leader tell them what to do.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Child dies due to praying 2013-04-25 14:10:23 Reply

At 4/24/13 12:36 PM, GunsNBombs wrote: Fuck religion?

You're saying it wrong. "Fuck the police!"

Child dies due to praying

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature