Be a Supporter!

Is America Yearning for Fascism?

  • 2,557 Views
  • 146 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
SirJeffofShorter
SirJeffofShorter
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 24th, 2013 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 4/24/13 11:09 AM, SirJeffofShorter wrote: Interesting article: https://www.truthdig.com/report/item/is_america_yearning_for _fascism_20100329/

What do you think?

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1320231/1


BBS Signature
GameChild214
GameChild214
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Filmmaker
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 24th, 2013 @ 06:40 PM Reply

I wish


Proletarians of the World Unite!

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 24th, 2013 @ 07:05 PM Reply

I like how it doesnt say how fascism will do any of that

GameChild214
GameChild214
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Filmmaker
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 24th, 2013 @ 07:14 PM Reply

Fascism isn't that bad, Nazi Germany before WW2 was one of the best places to live! As long as you weren't jewish, polish, gypsy, serbian, communist, err well ya know!


Proletarians of the World Unite!

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 24th, 2013 @ 07:45 PM Reply

At 4/24/13 07:14 PM, GameChild214 wrote: Fascism isn't that bad, Nazi Germany before WW2 was one of the best places to live! As long as you weren't jewish, polish, gypsy, serbian, communist, err well ya know!

Your ignorance and vague grasp of simple fundamentals of meaning is typical of these forums which is why I do not frequent them LOL. Good luck to you.


BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 24th, 2013 @ 08:02 PM Reply

At 4/24/13 07:45 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Your ignorance and vague grasp of simple fundamentals of meaning is typical of these forums which is why I do not frequent them LOL. Good luck to you.

If you weren't too self absorbed, you would realize that he's actually right.

Fascism for the preferred class is more often BETTER than the alternatives. The exercise of so much control by the government allows it to create a very high standard of living for those people to whom it wishes to give it too. That's not why people dislike fascism. It's about those who are disenfranchised and end up getting nothing (if not getting a great deal of negatives) and the lack of personal freedoms on certain levels.

Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 24th, 2013 @ 09:51 PM Reply

I don't know Fascism sounds pretty bad ass. I mean what could possibly be more bad ass than being a Fascist dictator? After all, everytime there's an imaginary sci-fi or fantasy scenario every government is a Fascist one.


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 24th, 2013 @ 10:21 PM Reply

At 4/24/13 09:51 PM, Warforger wrote: I don't know Fascism sounds pretty bad ass. I mean what could possibly be more bad ass than being a Fascist dictator? After all, everytime there's an imaginary sci-fi or fantasy scenario every government is a Fascist one.

Fascism = the forgoing of your natural and inherent rights to serve the God the Nation and the Government before the individual. Now is that something you want ?


BBS Signature
Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 24th, 2013 @ 10:35 PM Reply

At 4/24/13 10:21 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Fascism = the forgoing of your natural and inherent rights to serve the God the Nation and the Government before the individual. Now is that something you want ?

Of course! Do you know how bad ass military parades are? And think if you were the dictator how big your balls must feel? Like I said totally bad ass.


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 12:34 AM Reply

"Yearning for" implies that it hasn't arrived yet

Americans love fascism. Look at how many people LOVE Obamacare and bailouts.

SuckMyBallsack666
SuckMyBallsack666
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 09:20 AM Reply

At 4/25/13 12:34 AM, LemonCrush wrote: "Yearning for" implies that it hasn't arrived yet

Americans love fascism. Look at how many people LOVE Obamacare and bailouts.

That's right. Obama is a Fascist Communist Nazi Alien. Get your guns boys; YEA-HAH!


.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 12:54 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 12:34 AM, LemonCrush wrote: "Yearning for" implies that it hasn't arrived yet

Americans love fascism. Look at how many people LOVE Obamacare and bailouts.

Fascism - A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.


BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 02:26 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 12:54 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Fascism - A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.

No, the actual definition is this: a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Of course, the practical defintion and methodology, as practiced by Mussolini, was: Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.

Which is exactly what Obama, and democrats in general, are all about, according to Bill Clinton at the 2012 DnC: ..with a relentless focus on the future, with business and government actually working together to promote growth and broadly share prosperity

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 02:30 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 12:54 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 4/25/13 12:34 AM, LemonCrush wrote:
Fascism - A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.

Which America does not have, contrary to what you think America is. I honestly don't know why people like you think that America is becoming fascist because you disagree with what we do. Nationalism, censorship and racism is apparent in all types of government in one way or another, it's just that a lot of them do a good job dealing with it.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 02:40 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 02:26 PM, LemonCrush wrote:

ourse, the practical defintion and methodology, as practiced by Mussolini, was: Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.


Which is exactly what Obama, and democrats in general, are all about, according to Bill Clinton at the 2012 DnC: ..with a relentless focus on the future, with business and government actually working together to promote growth and broadly share prosperity

6 is one half dozen the other.


BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 02:44 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 02:30 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Which America does not have, contrary to what you think America is. I honestly don't know why people like you think that America is becoming fascist because you disagree with what we do. Nationalism, censorship and racism is apparent in all types of government in one way or another, it's just that a lot of them do a good job dealing with it.

It's only your opinion that America is not Fascist when by definition of the word America is extremely Fascist more so than most other countries.


BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 02:55 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 02:44 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 4/25/13 02:30 PM, orangebomb wrote:
It's only your opinion that America is not Fascist when by definition of the word America is extremely Fascist more so than most other countries.

Once again, America is not a fascist country, not even close. If it were, there would be no other political parties that would be around that have as much power and influence, not to mention the censorship and so-called "supression of our rights" here is nowhere near what an actual fascist country would have, not even when Bush was in office.

Quit falsifying America into something that is not, just because you disagree with something, it would be no different if I said that Canada is a socialist drug haven of a country that can't do anything by itself.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 03:44 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 02:55 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 4/25/13 02:44 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 4/25/13 02:30 PM, orangebomb wrote:
It's only your opinion that America is not Fascist when by definition of the word America is extremely Fascist more so than most other countries.
Once again, America is not a fascist country, not even close. If it were, there would be no other political parties that would be around that have as much power and influence, not to mention the censorship and so-called "supression of our rights" here is nowhere near what an actual fascist country would have, not even when Bush was in office.

Quit falsifying America into something that is not, just because you disagree with something, it would be no different if I said that Canada is a socialist drug haven of a country that can't do anything by itself.

USA initiates the use of violence by taking money from the people by force and giving it to Black Water to initiate Violence on whom or what ever "The State" deems to be a terrorist. This is text book Fascism.


BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 03:46 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 03:24 PM, SuperHitler420 wrote:
How dare you call America a Fascist country! They haven't even broken the surface of true Fascism!

"Anyone who sees and paints a sky green and fields blue ought to be sterilized."

You sir, deserve to be sterilized!

Here's a funny one ^ he says if you call America something it is then you should be sterilized LOL just LOL.


BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 03:55 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 02:30 PM, orangebomb wrote: Which America does not have, contrary to what you think America is. I honestly don't know why people like you think that America is becoming fascist because you disagree with what we do. Nationalism, censorship and racism is apparent in all types of government in one way or another, it's just that a lot of them do a good job dealing with it.

as i pointed out in another post, Mussolini's concept of fascism (a merger and partnership of corporate and government power), is EXACTLY what happens here in america.

Even if you take the actual defintion, nationalism, censorship and racism are prominent in the United States government.

Nationalism? Even so much as questioning something the government does gets you labeled as "anti-america" or "unpatriotic"

censorship? There was a dude arrested last year because he made an "anti-muslim" video. not to mention the proposed "fairness acts" the government is constantly pushing regarding what can be reported.

And racism? LOL. Affirmative action much? This is perhaps the biggest, most prominent, and disgusting example of government mandated racism.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 03:57 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 03:44 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:

:This is text book Fascism.

Not according to any definition, ever.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 04:01 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 09:20 AM, SuckMyBallsack666 wrote: That's right. Obama is a Fascist Communist Nazi Alien. Get your guns boys; YEA-HAH!

I didn't say all that, I'm just pointing out that according to Bill Clinton, and Obama's own actions, he is actually a fascist.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 04:01 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 03:57 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 4/25/13 03:44 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: This is text book Fascism.
Not according to any definition, ever.

That's your ^ opinion.

Here's another fact for ya !

USA initiates the use of violence by taking money from the people by force and giving it to Black Water to initiate Violence on whom or what ever "The State" deems to be a terrorist. This is text book Fascism.


BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 04:04 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 04:01 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: That's your ^ opinion.

No, it's fact.

USA initiates the use of violence by taking money from the people by force and giving it to Black Water to initiate Violence on whom or what ever "The State" deems to be a terrorist. This is text book Fascism.

Yeah, no matter how many times you say it, that doesn't mean that's what fascism is.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 04:04 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 4/25/13 04:01 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: That's your ^ opinion.
No, it's fact.

USA initiates the use of violence by taking money from the people by force and giving it to Black Water to initiate Violence on whom or what ever "The State" deems to be a terrorist. This is text book Fascism.
Yeah, no matter how many times you say it, that doesn't mean that's what fascism is.

I am not trying to change your mind your are entitled to believe what you want but the facts are the facts. Are you not concerned that US has a clandestine SS Nazi outfit that answers to nobody even though it is funded by your money ?


BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 04:41 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 03:55 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 4/25/13 02:30 PM, orangebomb wrote:
as i pointed out in another post, Mussolini's concept of fascism (a merger and partnership of corporate and government power), is EXACTLY what happens here in america.

Except that it's not. Corporations don't make decisions involving national policy or anything like that, and to suggest that they are is ludicrous. Now influencing politicians, that's different, because there has been numerous accounts of that happening for a long time, but to suggest that corporations and government are forming some sort of fascist state in America is way off base.

Even if you take the actual defintion, nationalism, censorship and racism are prominent in the United States government.

They are prominent in every government in the world, and if anything, it's a lot worse in other places than anything we have here. The only reason why no one brings this up is that they are either irrelevant in the world stage, or they are in the Middle East, where this behavior is commonplace.

If you're referring to political correctness, then you may have a point, but that's not what were talking about here.

Nationalism? Even so much as questioning something the government does gets you labeled as "anti-america" or "unpatriotic"

Mostly said by hard right wing pundits and nutjobs. Most people question the government all the time, why do you think this session of Congress had the lowest approval rating of all time? Words like "anti-american" or "unpatriotic" are nothing more than cheap buzzwords used by them to initiate a political flame war, and get the ignorant riled up over rhetoric.

censorship? There was a dude arrested last year because he made an "anti-muslim" video. not to mention the proposed "fairness acts" the government is constantly pushing regarding what can be reported.

First off, do you have credible sources for all that?

Second, Freedom of speech does not cover blatant slander of a person or a group of people. Plus, Freedom of speech means that no one is stopping you from saying what you want to say, but that extends towards the other side as well. Not to mention making serious threats towards anyone for whatever reason is generally not tolerated towards anybody, and the so called "fairness acts" usually didn't pass.

And racism? LOL. Affirmative action much? This is perhaps the biggest, most prominent, and disgusting example of government mandated racism.

You know we came a long way from blatant racism right? {Jim Crow laws} Granted, Affirmative action was a pretty bad thing that was based on good intentions in mind, but that is nowhere near as racist as the Jim Crow laws of the American South or Apartheid in South Africa.

The fact that people throw around claims that America is a fascist country because of XYZ is simply don't get it, and are simply just using cheap buzzwords and sensationalized media to express their point, just because they don't like something that we do. I've never said that America doesn't have problems, but they are not what you think it is, contrary to your opinion.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 05:14 PM Reply

I'd like to know when the US suddenly morphed into 1930s Germany. If I missed something, by all means fill me in. Whatever similarity what the US is doing has to do with what Nazi Germany did at some point, does not make US Armed Forces and the SS the same thing, for some really obvious reasons.

I was talking about Black Water not the Military.


BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 06:29 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 05:14 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: I was talking about Black Water not the Military.

lol Black Water isn't some Clandestine military black ops. where the fuck do you come up with this shit?

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Is America Yearning for Fascism? Apr. 25th, 2013 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 4/25/13 06:29 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 4/25/13 05:14 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: I was talking about Black Water not the Military.
lol Black Water isn't some Clandestine military black ops. where the fuck do you come up with this shit?

Black Water is a 3rd party security product. Why not take the security of you nation into your own hands instead of paying a 3rd party to introduce corruption and lies.


BBS Signature