00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Subdomain image issue

556 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Subdomain image issue 2013-04-23 22:33:51

I have a site example1.com, with another site, example2.com, in a sub-directory of example1.com.
So example2.com points to example1.com/example2/.

The problem is that example2.com/img/ does not display any large images, but when I travel to example1.com/example2/img/ all the images display fine.

There's nothing in the .htaccess that would be blocking large images, and I don't have hotlink protection on. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Hello, from the past!

[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature

Response to Subdomain image issue 2013-04-23 22:43:19

So apparently, they weren't being blocked, but cached.

I added ?1=1 to the end of the images that were not showing up, and they appeared. So that leads me to another question. Is there a better way than appending ?s=random-string to every single image to prevent new images under the same name from being shown as the old image?

Darn cache. Can't live with it, can't live without it.

Hello, from the past!

[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature

Response to Subdomain image issue 2013-04-23 23:01:02

At 4/23/13 10:43 PM, Momo-the-Monkey wrote: So apparently, they weren't being blocked, but cached.

I added ?1=1 to the end of the images that were not showing up, and they appeared. So that leads me to another question. Is there a better way than appending ?s=random-string to every single image to prevent new images under the same name from being shown as the old image?

There is a way! But Damn I can't remember it right now. But I just wanted to give you a ray of hope. Yes It's possible!

Response to Subdomain image issue 2013-04-23 23:06:35

Okay, I remember. You need to append this: "Expires", "Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT". That way, your content 'expired' in the past. Since it expired in the past, the browser will not cache it anymore.

And don't ask me about the date. Apparently it's when the world started. Except in Linux that is :lol:

At 4/23/13 11:01 PM, Secretmapper wrote:
At 4/23/13 10:43 PM, Momo-the-Monkey wrote: So apparently, they weren't being blocked, but cached.

There is a way! But Damn I can't remember it right now. But I just wanted to give you a ray of hope. Yes It's possible!