New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-22 19:01:23 Reply

Hey guys, I've been having this weird thing happening to me when I go to sleep. It happens like twice a week. I go to sleep, and I wake up, but I'm still in a dream state. I can see my room, but I legit can't move, and sometimes I can't breathe. Last night I was having somewhat of a lucid dream, and something scary happened in the dream (can't remember what it was), so I woke up, but I couldn't breathe or move, the only thing I can do is look around. I looked over at my laptop and it was floating. I couldn't keep my eyes open so I closed them again, and I went into this nightmare. It almost felt like I was sucked up by my bed 0_o. Then I woke up again, still couldn't move. This happened like 3 more times until I finally managed to roll over, then I was all good. When this happens, if I manage to move anything, I snap out of it. It's like I'm awake, but not at the same time. I can see my room, but there's always weird shit going on in it. It's cool but scary at the same time.

Has this ever happened to you guys?

"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature
triplenoob
triplenoob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-22 19:03:23 Reply

I never had sleep paralysis, but I once entered a dream state when I went to bed at 8 in the morning.

I could hear voices talking to me and when I opened my eyes, I could clearly see a silhouette leaning over me.

[My Art] Sig made by me PM me if you want one just as sexy, or request one here

BBS Signature
Irrelephant
Irrelephant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-22 19:18:25 Reply

it only happened to me once. i woke up at 2am and couldn't move. i saw these silhouettes to my left creeping toward me, and i heard a grinding sound off in the distance, which kept getting louder as the silhouettes moved closer. some black guy was standing at the end of my bed wearing a suit. he asked me if i needed any help, and i was trying to say "yeah dude help me" but i couldn't talk. it went on for a minute or so, and then i rolled over and everything went back to normal.

the black guy still talks to me on facebook

Formerly known as Headshot777
The Newgrounds BBS is like a woman. All the teenagers who get into it make a terrible mess within two minutes. -Jercurpac

BBS Signature
NothingStudios
NothingStudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Movie Buff
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-22 20:42:53 Reply

One time I made myself wake up from a dream when I realized I was having a nightmare (sadly I didn't know about lucid dreaming and all the cool stuff I could have potentially done). I also one time woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't move my arm

;333333333

BBS Signature
Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-22 20:42:55 Reply

Yep, often when I was 16 and only occurred when sleeping on my back.
Weird stuff

Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
Lemonardo
Lemonardo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-22 20:44:32 Reply

Let me tell you, that's the last time I take rohypnol.

BBS Signature
Tediisan
Tediisan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 04:16:43 Reply

This only happened to me once, I couldn't move and I was hearing many voices in my head that didn't make sense. Eventually one clear voice asked 'Do you want me to leave?' and I whispered 'Yes', as soon as I said that I snapped out of it

YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 05:29:15 Reply

I hope this whole "sleep paralysis" thing you have doesn't end up turning into a shitty Hollywood sci-fi movie.

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud || mypsychedelicfantasy - Tumblr
ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 06:02:20 Reply

Never experienced it myself, but my girlfriend had it happening to her a few times.

Once she described that she saw a harpy like bird or something fly into the room and circle above the bed a couple of times Another time she felt that the bed was all wobbly and waving as if we were drifting on the ocean.

Supposedly it's a very scary experience.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
i-am-ghey
i-am-ghey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 14:09:25 Reply

i have experienced it once. it was not as scary as people had described, probably because i knew what was going on.

but i have never felt anything like that before so it was kind of weird, and it lasted for quite a while.

I am just a random user from a set of measure zero and thus am negligible.

TheDaemonicPoet
TheDaemonicPoet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 14:21:11 Reply

It happened to me twice, the first time I was in panic, I could see my room just as you could, but I couldn't even have a reasonable thought, the only thing I could do was trying to shake myself awake, even though nothing would happen, I ended up throwing myself against the wall when I could finally get out of that state. The second time I got out of that state pretty fast, so I can barely remember it, it was scary anyway.

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 48
Artist
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 14:30:34 Reply

I get sleep paralysis all the time.

The first time I experienced it, I was scared. Now it's just funny.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 14:43:06 Reply

You can breath, by the way, it's just that you don't have control over it. So when you try to take a deeper breath it feels like you're suffocating when you're actually breathing normally. Scary shit.

"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
mechadude32
mechadude32
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 16:14:04 Reply

Fu... bro, you either had a dream with in a dream with in a dream while waking up from a dream (fuck inception). Or your houseis haunted, if thats the case, well... RUN BITCH RUN!

This is a sig you dumbass.

mechadude32
mechadude32
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 16:15:54 Reply

Fuc... bro, you either had a dream with in a dream with in a dream while waking up from a dream (fuck inception). Or your house is haunted, if thats the case, well... RUN BITCH RUN! Oh and i had this state once it did not last long so i went back to sleep during it. True.Fucking.Story

This is a sig you dumbass.

Kogey
Kogey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Voice Actor
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 16:38:50 Reply

At 4/23/13 02:30 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: I get sleep paralysis all the time.

The first time I experienced it, I was scared. Now it's just funny.

Same but instead of funny it's annoying because when it happens I'm in the most uncomfortable position and I can't roll over.

Schizo-Sephy
Schizo-Sephy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 16:44:51 Reply

I've had it so bad that I've snapped out of it screaming.
Sleep paralysis is in no way a pleasant experience.

BANGsquared
BANGsquared
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 16:46:39 Reply

Damn, that shit sounds scary. This is why I try to sleep on my side, so I don't have to be face up in case I get that or start lucid dreaming. Sleeping on a side is also a lot more comfortable.

// Kongregate // Tumblr // Reddit // Steam //

BBS Signature
leasheddemon
leasheddemon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 16:53:28 Reply

this happened to me once. i woke up in my bed (i was still sleeping) thought my mother was at the door, it was a dark figure so i was assuming. i kept calling to the figure then my body started to move violently i could not control it i stopped and was left looking at my window, the black figure was there. from there i could not move only blink, the figure walked closer to me. i woke up and was shitting dildos made of nails. i went to sleep again only for it to happen to me one more time, i didnt celebrate. woke up again scared, then went to sleep again. last time i went to sleep could not care less there was a dark figure ogling me.

I am that long legged pissed off Puerto Rican!

BBS Signature
Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 18:37:53 Reply

At 4/23/13 04:44 PM, Schizo-Sephy wrote: I've had it so bad that I've snapped out of it screaming.
Sleep paralysis is in no way a pleasant experience.

Sometimes when It happens to me, I manage to scream, but I'm not sure if I'm actually screaming, or I just think I am in the dream.

"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature