00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sleep Paralysis?

1,081 Views | 18 Replies

Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-22 19:01:23

Hey guys, I've been having this weird thing happening to me when I go to sleep. It happens like twice a week. I go to sleep, and I wake up, but I'm still in a dream state. I can see my room, but I legit can't move, and sometimes I can't breathe. Last night I was having somewhat of a lucid dream, and something scary happened in the dream (can't remember what it was), so I woke up, but I couldn't breathe or move, the only thing I can do is look around. I looked over at my laptop and it was floating. I couldn't keep my eyes open so I closed them again, and I went into this nightmare. It almost felt like I was sucked up by my bed 0_o. Then I woke up again, still couldn't move. This happened like 3 more times until I finally managed to roll over, then I was all good. When this happens, if I manage to move anything, I snap out of it. It's like I'm awake, but not at the same time. I can see my room, but there's always weird shit going on in it. It's cool but scary at the same time.

Has this ever happened to you guys?

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-22 19:03:23

I never had sleep paralysis, but I once entered a dream state when I went to bed at 8 in the morning.

I could hear voices talking to me and when I opened my eyes, I could clearly see a silhouette leaning over me.

[My Art] Sig made by me PM me if you want one just as sexy, or request one here

BBS Signature

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-22 19:18:25

it only happened to me once. i woke up at 2am and couldn't move. i saw these silhouettes to my left creeping toward me, and i heard a grinding sound off in the distance, which kept getting louder as the silhouettes moved closer. some black guy was standing at the end of my bed wearing a suit. he asked me if i needed any help, and i was trying to say "yeah dude help me" but i couldn't talk. it went on for a minute or so, and then i rolled over and everything went back to normal.

the black guy still talks to me on facebook

Formerly known as Headshot777

The Newgrounds BBS is like a woman. All the teenagers who get into it make a terrible mess within two minutes. -Jercurpac

BBS Signature

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-22 20:42:53

One time I made myself wake up from a dream when I realized I was having a nightmare (sadly I didn't know about lucid dreaming and all the cool stuff I could have potentially done). I also one time woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't move my arm

;333333333

BBS Signature

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-22 20:42:55

Yep, often when I was 16 and only occurred when sleeping on my back.
Weird stuff

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-22 20:44:32

Let me tell you, that's the last time I take rohypnol.

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 04:16:43

This only happened to me once, I couldn't move and I was hearing many voices in my head that didn't make sense. Eventually one clear voice asked 'Do you want me to leave?' and I whispered 'Yes', as soon as I said that I snapped out of it

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 05:29:15

I hope this whole "sleep paralysis" thing you have doesn't end up turning into a shitty Hollywood sci-fi movie.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 06:02:20

Never experienced it myself, but my girlfriend had it happening to her a few times.

Once she described that she saw a harpy like bird or something fly into the room and circle above the bed a couple of times Another time she felt that the bed was all wobbly and waving as if we were drifting on the ocean.

Supposedly it's a very scary experience.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 14:09:25

i have experienced it once. it was not as scary as people had described, probably because i knew what was going on.

but i have never felt anything like that before so it was kind of weird, and it lasted for quite a while.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 14:21:11

It happened to me twice, the first time I was in panic, I could see my room just as you could, but I couldn't even have a reasonable thought, the only thing I could do was trying to shake myself awake, even though nothing would happen, I ended up throwing myself against the wall when I could finally get out of that state. The second time I got out of that state pretty fast, so I can barely remember it, it was scary anyway.

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 14:43:06

You can breath, by the way, it's just that you don't have control over it. So when you try to take a deeper breath it feels like you're suffocating when you're actually breathing normally. Scary shit.

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 16:14:04

Fu... bro, you either had a dream with in a dream with in a dream while waking up from a dream (fuck inception). Or your houseis haunted, if thats the case, well... RUN BITCH RUN!

This is a sig you dumbass.

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 16:15:54

Fuc... bro, you either had a dream with in a dream with in a dream while waking up from a dream (fuck inception). Or your house is haunted, if thats the case, well... RUN BITCH RUN! Oh and i had this state once it did not last long so i went back to sleep during it. True.Fucking.Story

This is a sig you dumbass.

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 16:38:50

At 4/23/13 02:30 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: I get sleep paralysis all the time.

The first time I experienced it, I was scared. Now it's just funny.

Same but instead of funny it's annoying because when it happens I'm in the most uncomfortable position and I can't roll over.

life can be real fuckin crazy

BBS Signature

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 16:44:51

I've had it so bad that I've snapped out of it screaming.
Sleep paralysis is in no way a pleasant experience.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 16:46:39

Damn, that shit sounds scary. This is why I try to sleep on my side, so I don't have to be face up in case I get that or start lucid dreaming. Sleeping on a side is also a lot more comfortable.

// Kongregate // Tumblr // Reddit // Steam //

BBS Signature

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 16:53:28

this happened to me once. i woke up in my bed (i was still sleeping) thought my mother was at the door, it was a dark figure so i was assuming. i kept calling to the figure then my body started to move violently i could not control it i stopped and was left looking at my window, the black figure was there. from there i could not move only blink, the figure walked closer to me. i woke up and was shitting dildos made of nails. i went to sleep again only for it to happen to me one more time, i didnt celebrate. woke up again scared, then went to sleep again. last time i went to sleep could not care less there was a dark figure ogling me.

I am that long legged pissed off Puerto Rican!

BBS Signature

Response to Sleep Paralysis? 2013-04-23 18:37:53

At 4/23/13 04:44 PM, Schizo-Sephy wrote: I've had it so bad that I've snapped out of it screaming.
Sleep paralysis is in no way a pleasant experience.

Sometimes when It happens to me, I manage to scream, but I'm not sure if I'm actually screaming, or I just think I am in the dream.