New Topic Respond to this Topic
Tankmeat14R
Tankmeat14R
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Flash Audio Fubar! Apr. 22nd, 2013 @ 03:30 PM Reply

Does anyone know why my voice in Flash only sounds like crap when i test or export the movie. Im sure its a simple tweek, I just dont know what it is. Please Help

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Flash Audio Fubar! Apr. 22nd, 2013 @ 03:39 PM Reply

Detais please. What do you mean when you say 'it sounds like crap'? Are you talking about fuzziness, peaking, distortion, or just the general reduction of the audio quality?

AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: A Night in the Attic

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Flash Audio Fubar! Apr. 22nd, 2013 @ 03:41 PM Reply

*details

Good grief, I can't spell. >_>

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Tankmeat14R
Tankmeat14R
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Flash Audio Fubar! Apr. 22nd, 2013 @ 05:15 PM Reply

At 4/22/13 03:39 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Detais please. What do you mean when you say 'it sounds like crap'? Are you talking about fuzziness, peaking, distortion, or just the general reduction of the audio quality?

maybe peaking. Mainly the "S's" seem to hit high. I tryed to upload a file so a friend of mine could check it out but Newgrounds wont let me upload WAV.files.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Flash Audio Fubar! Apr. 22nd, 2013 @ 05:26 PM Reply

At 4/22/13 05:15 PM, Tankmeat14R wrote:
At 4/22/13 03:39 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Detais please. What do you mean when you say 'it sounds like crap'? Are you talking about fuzziness, peaking, distortion, or just the general reduction of the audio quality?
maybe peaking. Mainly the "S's" seem to hit high. I tryed to upload a file so a friend of mine could check it out but Newgrounds wont let me upload WAV.files.

Over on Skype then? That's where most of us Audio Portal people gather (there even is an NG group on Skype). The mods are on there too, and they'll likely be able to help better than I can.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Tankmeat14R
Tankmeat14R
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Flash Audio Fubar! Apr. 22nd, 2013 @ 05:33 PM Reply

Im using Audacity to record my voice and export as a WAV. file. I import it into CS4 Flash. I then drop it on the timeline and begin syncing. When i scrub on the timeline its soulds fine, but when i test the movie it sounds garbbled and harsh.

Tankmeat14R
Tankmeat14R
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Flash Audio Fubar! Apr. 22nd, 2013 @ 05:34 PM Reply

Thanks Man Ill check that out

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Flash Audio Fubar! Apr. 22nd, 2013 @ 11:57 PM Reply

At 4/22/13 03:30 PM, Tankmeat14R wrote: Does anyone know why my voice in Flash only sounds like crap when i test or export the movie. Im sure its a simple tweek, I just dont know what it is. Please Help

when you export the movie from the file menu you get the option to set the audio quality, it's 16kbps (i.e. super mega shit) by default. press the "Set" buttons to change it, 128kbps is decent enough. you can also change the quality of each individual sound file in the library, right click the file and go to export settings then select the type of sound file you want it to play as in your .swf file

just fyi most people in the audio forum know dick all about flash, you'll always get quicker responses in the flash forum afaik.

p.s. i am gay

PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Flash Audio Fubar! Apr. 23rd, 2013 @ 07:02 AM Reply

At 4/22/13 11:57 PM, midimachine wrote:

the audio quality, it's 16kbps (i.e. super mega shit).

They should rename that drop down menu to that. ^_^

I honestly dont know why they havent put audio quality higher than 160. Considering alot of people use at least 192 and higher. Ah well *shrugs.

BBS Signature
Tankmeat14R
Tankmeat14R
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Flash Audio Fubar! May. 8th, 2013 @ 12:38 PM Reply

yep, that was it. thank you for your response