00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheArmoredAvian just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Shut off the Output Panel?

577 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Shut off the Output Panel? 2013-04-21 18:15:18

Hey folks.

So I'm using PixelTools in Flash CS4, and as some of you may know, that equals a LOT of Output errors.

See, it's alright, but it's annoying since there's no place to toss the Output panel without it getting up in my face, constantly.

Is there a way to get rid of/shut off the output panel?

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Shut off the Output Panel? 2013-04-21 23:39:18

At 4/21/13 06:15 PM, squidly wrote: Hey folks.

So I'm using PixelTools in Flash CS4, and as some of you may know, that equals a LOT of Output errors.

See, it's alright, but it's annoying since there's no place to toss the Output panel without it getting up in my face, constantly.

Is there a way to get rid of/shut off the output panel?

you can just resize the output panel so its small and less intrusive, but tyou can't turn off runtime errors, what kind of stuff pops up from PixelTools? Maybe it's time to use a more stable framework. I would also recommend FlashDevelop over Flash CS4, you can set the build mode to release and it won't output anything.

Response to Shut off the Output Panel? 2013-04-22 00:01:13

At 4/21/13 11:39 PM, GeoKureli wrote: you can just resize the output panel so its small and less intrusive, but tyou can't turn off runtime errors, what kind of stuff pops up from PixelTools? Maybe it's time to use a more stable framework. I would also recommend FlashDevelop over Flash CS4, you can set the build mode to release and it won't output anything.

You can't use a drawing tool in flash develop :/

PixelTools is stable in every other version except for CS4...

I resized it, and it's not even nearly as bothersome. Shame we can't just disable it when not testing, though.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Shut off the Output Panel? 2013-04-22 00:04:26

At 4/22/13 12:01 AM, squidly wrote:
At 4/21/13 11:39 PM, GeoKureli wrote: you can just resize the output panel so its small and less intrusive, but tyou can't turn off runtime errors, what kind of stuff pops up from PixelTools? Maybe it's time to use a more stable framework. I would also recommend FlashDevelop over Flash CS4, you can set the build mode to release and it won't output anything.
You can't use a drawing tool in flash develop :/

PixelTools is stable in every other version except for CS4...

I resized it, and it's not even nearly as bothersome. Shame we can't just disable it when not testing, though.

I'm confused as to what's being sent to the output by PixelTools. is it warnings, errors, or traces? None of these should be an issue with a decent framework. Could you paste some of the messages on the thread?

Response to Shut off the Output Panel? 2013-04-22 00:59:50

At 4/22/13 12:04 AM, GeoKureli wrote: I'm confused as to what's being sent to the output by PixelTools. is it warnings, errors, or traces? None of these should be an issue with a decent framework. Could you paste some of the messages on the thread?

It's warnings from PixelTools not being able to access several things that apparently exist in every version except for CS4.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Shut off the Output Panel? 2013-04-22 11:28:16

You could try to snap it inside that library panel and then move that to the side. It won't remove it but it won't be so intrusive either.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Shut off the Output Panel? 2013-04-22 20:52:22

At 4/22/13 11:28 AM, Gimmick wrote: You could try to snap it inside that library panel and then move that to the side. It won't remove it but it won't be so intrusive either.

I ended up doing just that. I minimized to a tiny square and shoved it under the library. Problem somewhat solved :P

Click the Squid -> 🦑