• 2 Replies
SammyFox
SammyFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Looking for honest critique Apr. 21st, 2013 @ 12:43 PM

Hi there. I am self-taught and have been doing tracker music since 2006, and I am aware I have made a lot of progress since then, but lately I have been feeling that I am only going around in circles since the last year, and I'd like to have some critique on my work as a whole.

http://sammyfox.bandcamp.com You can listen to the music without having to buy it. The songs in this album roughly date from 2008 to 2012, and I'd appreciate it if you could give it a listen and tell me of anything that bothers you, like if you notice recurring issues throughout those songs or if there is something that is just plain wrong.

Like I said, I am self-taught, same goes with my english and having learned my english by myself over the last 15 years, I know that this way of learning things will always leave you with a few limitations, and having them pointed out is half of the road done to getting past them.

Lachi
Lachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Looking for honest critique Apr. 21st, 2013 @ 12:59 PM

ok dude, i'm not into this extreme ambient genre so i don't know what to say from a 'fan' point of view, so i'll talk as a listener.

i guess that's a characteristic of the genre that all the songs last so short. also, it seems a lot of songs share the same sounds slightly altered.

these pieces seem like normal progressions with some extra. if i was in you i'd concentrate on one song only. 'boss' was probably the only one i listened twice because i liked the bells on top of the strings/pads, but you used them too much IMO.

i liked the sounds in 'mercy'. nothing exceptional though, i never understood this genre. 'loader' had a cool but too much repetitive melody.

some sounds are very horrible, like in 'overworld'. but hey that's just my opinion.

good luck dude

SUCK MY KICK

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician