00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Darkshark183 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

free swf decompiler

1,208 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

free swf decompiler 2013-04-20 17:00:19

I made a fla file but I lost it. However I still have the swf. Is there a way I can just turn it back into a fla.

thanks

Response to free swf decompiler 2013-04-20 20:40:10

At 4/20/13 05:00 PM, flashMan wrote: I made a fla file but I lost it. However I still have the swf. Is there a way I can just turn it back into a fla.

thanks

I've found "DJ Java Decompiler" to be quite nice. It isn't free but the trial version allows you to use it 10 times, so that should be fine for your situation.

Don't go stealing stuff!

You forgot to use code tags, didn't you?

Response to free swf decompiler 2013-04-21 07:47:07

thanks

but i don't think you can use it on swf files. if you can though, i'd like to know how

Response to free swf decompiler 2013-04-21 12:15:54

I'd suggest you try SoThink decompiler, but know that it won't be the same as the original fla, every drawing object will be on it's own layer and junk, it's pretty much unworkable, it's best to salvage what you've lost.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to free swf decompiler 2013-04-21 22:02:01

I don't think such a thing exists. At least not in any way that's really usable.
When I was in a similar situation, I imported my swf into flash itself. It saves most of the in game art and each frame still looks the same, so you can salvage the level design and what not. You'll have to re-script everything, but at least you won't have to re-draw it all.

Other than that, just gonna have to be more careful. I upload my .fla files to my dumping grounds/filesharing sites in case I ever lose them.