00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread

8,929 Views | 250 Replies

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-21 00:10:03

At 6/21/13 12:01 AM, Travis wrote: Not one, not two...

not six

2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-21 00:10:27

At 6/20/13 11:48 PM, ZJ wrote: Welp, LeBron James has two championship rings now. It's a fact.

He's going to win a lot more too. It's hard times for anyone a fan of a team that doesn't have Lebron James on it.

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-21 00:13:01

The Spurs put up a valiant fight, but in the end, the power of the king wasn't going to be denied. Maybe all of the Heat haters bandwagoners can now go kick rocks, shut their mouths and appreciate Lebron and the Heat for repeating as world champions, but somehow I doubt that.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-21 00:16:37

At 6/21/13 12:10 AM, ViceFullbuster wrote:
At 6/21/13 12:01 AM, Travis wrote: Not one, not two...
not six

The funny thing is that when it comes tot he rings, biggest beneficiary would be D-Wade. Yes he may have been overshadowed in his own friggin' team he once led but in the end, he's adding to his collection.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-21 00:19:09

Don't forget one more thing.

http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Juwan-Howards-ri ng-Worst-part-of-Miami-title-10294879/2

These guys tried to console themselves by saying that it could be the only ring a Fab 5 member gets. Well, guess it's a good thing Juwan Howard played again.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-22 20:09:33

At 6/21/13 12:16 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: The funny thing is that when it comes tot he rings, biggest beneficiary would be D-Wade. Yes he may have been overshadowed in his own friggin' team he once led but in the end, he's adding to his collection.

It would be a little funny when people are trying to compare Lebron to MJ, when Lebron's teammate {D-Wade} would end up having more rings than him at this rate, I wonder how the media is going to explain that. Of course, LBJ will most likely end up getting the majority of awards, and deservedly so, but in terms of championship rings, Wade is 1 up on Lebron.

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-22 20:48:58

At 6/22/13 08:09 PM, orangebomb wrote: Of course, LBJ will most likely end up getting the majority of awards, and deservedly so, but in terms of championship rings, Wade is 1 up on Lebron.

Wade will be retired before James and James is going to continue winning until the end of his career. They may have been in the same draft class but James was a high school senior and Wade was a college junior.

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-23 17:37:55

At 6/22/13 08:09 PM, orangebomb wrote:

It would be a little funny when people are trying to compare Lebron to MJ, when Lebron's teammate {D-Wade} would end up having more rings than him at this rate, I wonder how the media is going to explain that. Of course, LBJ will most likely end up getting the majority of awards, and deservedly so, but in terms of championship rings, Wade is 1 up on Lebron.

More importantly, if Wade's health couldn't hold up, forcing him into an early retirement, it would become difficult for LeBron to win more after that, it's not impossible but it will be much tougher unless the Heat lures Irving. Also, people have to realize that MJ played in the era where big man can stand in front of the basket and wait as long as his opponent has the possession of the ball.

Can't LeBron survive that as well as hand checking? No idea.

Duncan's probably the last true big man right now and he's in his late 30s, even Dwight Howard's undersized in comparison.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-23 17:48:37

Trade Wade, there's no way in heck that he'll be fully Healthy next year or the years to come.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-23 17:54:38

ring comparison when it comes to basketball talent is like using the rock arguement.

What i mean by that is.

"Dwyane wade is better than lebron because of this here fucking rock"

it makes the same amount of fucking sense.

Today, in this game in this time. Nobody does what lebron does on the court better than lebron and lebron brings more to the table to help benefit a team than anyone else. He does defense, offense, tempo and fast-break. Lebron does EVERYTHING. Nobody can say this not even MJ.

Does MJ do the stuff MJ does better than lebron... Yes he does. But lebron brings more to the table than MJ did. MJ was just better at what MJ did.

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-23 20:18:11

At 6/23/13 05:54 PM, PMMurphy wrote:

Today, in this game in this time. Nobody does what lebron does on the court better than lebron and lebron brings more to the table to help benefit a team than anyone else. He does defense, offense, tempo and fast-break. Lebron does EVERYTHING. Nobody can say this not even MJ.

MJ also does defense and is also more versatile than he was given credit for, in other words he can do what you described LeBron does as well. Also remember MJ played in the time when he had to deal with handcheckings and big man camping out in front of the basket as long as he can.

Whether he can adjust, we'll never know.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-23 20:56:02

I don't think you know what lebron really does on the court.

When the heat play against a team. Lebron D's up the opponents best player on offense no matter what position at all times 1on1. His job is to shut down every and any single team's #1 offensive weapon on a game by game basis.

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-23 21:45:10

At 6/23/13 05:54 PM, PMMurphy wrote: Today, in this game in this time. Nobody does what lebron does on the court better than lebron and lebron brings more to the table to help benefit a team than anyone else. He does defense, offense, tempo and fast-break. Lebron does EVERYTHING. Nobody can say this not even MJ.

As Idiot-finder mentioned, MJ actually did it all as a player, considering that he was a very good shooter, {no duh there} and he won many defensive titles as well. Now Lebron might be bigger size-wise and even better in some areas {such as post-ups} but it's not like LBJ is the only person in the NBA's history could do it all on the court.

As for D-Wade having more rings than Lebron, I never said that D-Wade was a better player than Lebron, but it seems like that everyone forgets about 2006, when he won a title with Shaq. Plus, he's most likely going to be in Miami for the rest of his career, so unless he retires during Lebron's prime, he'll still have that ring advantage. Who'll be the best player overall of this generation is an obvious answer. {Lebron}

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-23 23:07:48

MJ wasn't expected to carry the team offensively and defensively on a nightly basis.

There is a difference between capable of DOING IT from being expected to do it.

MJ was a make a play shoot a shot offensive player who tried to run the offense around himself. Lebron will pass the ball and keep his team active instead of taking all the offensive responibility on himself game in and game out. He recognizses when hits teamates are hot and helps them perform.

He did this in cleveland too.

You guys are just LBJ haters. Give the man the credit hes due.

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-23 23:50:22

At 6/23/13 11:07 PM, PMMurphy wrote: MJ wasn't expected to carry the team offensively and defensively on a nightly basis.

There is a difference between capable of DOING IT from being expected to do it.

MJ was a make a play shoot a shot offensive player who tried to run the offense around himself. Lebron will pass the ball and keep his team active instead of taking all the offensive responibility on himself game in and game out. He recognizses when hits teamates are hot and helps them perform.

He did this in cleveland too.

You guys are just LBJ haters. Give the man the credit hes due.

MJ also does the same thing that you described LeBron and as I mentioned before, he had to do it when the opposing defense practically mugged him in that era. Not to mention MJ actually did gets his team mates into the game and if given the opportunity, he could have been a point guard as well. Case in point, 1988-1989 season when he played PG for a brief moment and put up a streak of triple doubles and his team were still developing that time since Pippen and Grant were still green.

When MJ carries the offense, the Bulls has a better shot of winning, also remember in 1998 Pippen was hurt and Rodman was winding down and he still helped the Bulls win the championship. When you know about the situation, it's tougher than it looked.

I'm willing to give LeBron his due but in the end, he can never be compared to MJ although you seem to think he is.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-23 23:53:12

At 6/23/13 05:48 PM, TheKlown wrote: Trade Wade, there's no way in heck that he'll be fully Healthy next year or the years to come.

Except with Wade, he gives the Heats a better shot of winning more title. Without him, it takes away the support LeBron needed to win.

Plus, Wade was a Heat from the day he was drafted, that would be like the Yankees trading Jeter. Wade deserves to end his career as a Heat.

Then again someone like you would never get it.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-23 23:59:51

At 6/23/13 11:53 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 6/23/13 05:48 PM, TheKlown wrote: Trade Wade, there's no way in heck that he'll be fully Healthy next year or the years to come.
Except with Wade, he gives the Heats a better shot of winning more title. Without him, it takes away the support LeBron needed to win.

Plus, Wade was a Heat from the day he was drafted, that would be like the Yankees trading Jeter. Wade deserves to end his career as a Heat.

Then again someone like you would never get it.

Yeah it'd be like Ichiro Suzuki leaving the Mariners for the Yankees or something crazy like that...

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-24 00:07:25

At 6/23/13 11:59 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:

Yeah it'd be like Ichiro Suzuki leaving the Mariners for the Yankees or something crazy like that...

Not a good comparison since Ichiro never won a ring though in his case he probably should have. Wade got the ring before LeBron got there and that was due to Shaq in the court. When the team changed and had to make certain transitions due to the fall from grace due to age, Wade was there with real issue being that he gets hurt. In the end, Wade should end his career as a Heat but it will be his decision in the end anyway. If his contract ends or he wanted to get traded, the Heat won't have much of a choice for that matter.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-24 00:08:31

At 6/24/13 12:04 AM, Travis wrote:
At 6/23/13 11:59 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Yeah it'd be like Ichiro Suzuki leaving the Mariners for the Yankees or something crazy like that...
Or Johnny Damon going from the Red Sox to the Yankees.

Like complete betrayal ya know?

You should have seen the Red Sox fans' reactions when that happened.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-24 02:04:47

MJ's stats:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01.html

Lebron James:
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/1966/lebron-james

If you notice MJ almost takes 800 more shot attempts every season than lebron. His efficiency is worse and misses more often than lebron and lebron has about 2x the amount of assists in individual seasons.

Next arguement.

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-24 12:03:32

At 6/24/13 02:04 AM, PMMurphy wrote: MJ's stats:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01.html

Lebron James:
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/1966/lebron-james

If you notice MJ almost takes 800 more shot attempts every season than lebron. His efficiency is worse and misses more often than lebron and lebron has about 2x the amount of assists in individual seasons.

Next arguement.

While ignoring the fact that MJ still has a field goal percentage of .497 (even counting his Wizard days) while LeBron's field goal percentage is .490.

Granted, LeBron still has plenty of time but while MJ did took more shots, but to say his efficiency is worse is inaccurate at best. Yes he missed mroe shots, but as you said, it's because he took more as well and when you go by the percentage, it's not much different as MJ has the slight edge. Also you still ignored the fact that in a brief moment MJ played the position of a point guard, he did it well and one can wonder what number he could have put up had he stayed there.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-24 23:40:08

Alright so i done goof'd on the FG%

But you can look at all the stats really. LBJ as a slightly more impressive stat sheet than MJ does.

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-24 23:48:27

At 6/24/13 11:40 PM, PMMurphy wrote: Alright so i done goof'd on the FG%

But you can look at all the stats really. LBJ as a slightly more impressive stat sheet than MJ does.

No, he didn't.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-24 23:51:36

Ok we are resulting back to the rock arguement concept.

Two can play that game.

Yea LBJ totally had a better stat-sheet then MJ because a cantelope is a bigger size than a golfball.

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-24 23:55:27

At 6/24/13 11:51 PM, PMMurphy wrote: Ok we are resulting back to the rock arguement concept.

Two can play that game.

Yea LBJ totally had a better stat-sheet then MJ because a cantelope is a bigger size than a golfball.

And now you're being an idiot.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-24 23:56:39

Are you trying to claim a cantelope isn't bigger than a golfball?

My arguement is just as valid as yours has been.

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-24 23:58:36

At 6/24/13 11:56 PM, PMMurphy wrote: Are you trying to claim a cantelope isn't bigger than a golfball?

My arguement is just as valid as yours has been.

That's the problem, it has nothing to do with the argument itself, you're trying to start another one because you knew you couldn't win as you screwed up on the aspects of the stats.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-25 00:03:41

lol no. "oh shit he was off by .07% there for he is wrong".

Wtf?

Bro... If you make claims without backing it up with actual factual information its the same thing as making up shit that applies to nothing. Your response is "no".

Its common knowledge that people screw up on small minor details. Being one of those people who clinge against concepts because someone "fucked up a minor stat" is pretty fucking ignorant.

It's like saying.

"Oh the scientist who linked cancer to cigerattes said that 110394802934802348 people died, but it was really 1103948020000 there for cigarettes don't link to cancer."

Whether i made a minor misstake in my representation in my statistics doesn't change the stats are still there and my arguement still stands. THen you counter my arguement by baffling nonsense out of your ass.

So if your gonna baffle non-sense that opens doors for me to make my cantelope arguement.

In context of the "arguement" it is 100% valid.

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-25 00:09:51

At 6/25/13 12:03 AM, PMMurphy wrote: lol no. "oh shit he was off by .07% there for he is wrong".

Wtf?

Bro... If you make claims without backing it up with actual factual information its the same thing as making up shit that applies to nothing. Your response is "no".

Its common knowledge that people screw up on small minor details. Being one of those people who clinge against concepts because someone "fucked up a minor stat" is pretty fucking ignorant.

Yet you claimed that he missed more based on attempts, ignoring the field goal percentage, far from minor if you're going to make an omission. Not to mention you haven't exactly backing up your argument as well as one time you tried, you messed up.

Whether i made a minor misstake in my representation in my statistics doesn't change the stats are still there and my arguement still stands. THen you counter my arguement by baffling nonsense out of your ass.

So if your gonna baffle non-sense that opens doors for me to make my cantelope arguement.

Which still has nothing to do with the argument on hand.

In context of the "arguement" it is 100% valid.

No it isn't.

Never mind the fact that you ignored some of the posts that brought up the point in regards to MJ and LeBron. You need to help yourself a bit more if you want to win this argument that could go on for all night.

We'll meet again tomorrow and continue.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012-13 Nba Playoff Thread 2013-06-25 00:15:16

Well.

Its basic logic. He took more shots. Therefor he missed more shots. They had the same amount of fg% the variant isn't much different.

If i play 3000 ladder games on a video game and i go 50%. I lose 1500 games. If someone else plays 200 games they only lose 100.

Atleast your no longer using your rock arguement and actually contesting my points now.