New Topic Respond to this Topic
TRWT
TRWT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Looking for artists 2013-04-19 14:06:34 Reply

hello all you talented artists who are far far better at creating visual art than us. We are looking for someone to help us create a logo and maybe album cover/art etc etc. Essentially we are prepared to buy the rights to the best logo that is sent to us for a couple hundred. If this sounds good by all means contact us otherwise ignore this thread and have a nice day :D

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Looking for artists 2013-04-19 15:07:51 Reply

So this is a paid gig then, eh?
You might want to include a few more details though as to what it is you're looking for/what you have in mind, gives people a better understanding.

TRWT
TRWT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Looking for artists 2013-04-19 22:00:24 Reply

At 4/19/13 03:07 PM, bigjonny13 wrote: So this is a paid gig then, eh?
You might want to include a few more details though as to what it is you're looking for/what you have in mind, gives people a better understanding.

I don't want to be misleading, its only a paid gig if we use the logo. We originally went through a professionally company that gave us a logo that looked like it was a template from MS Word and also a logo that looked like they ripped off the title to "Slender" so we got a refund. We figure this way we would actually be able to see if we like something before buying it. And I figure, well a lot of artists upload stuff on this site for free anyway right? so why not try and maybe get paid for one.

To be honest we dont know what we had in mind other than it cant be bland and boring. I understand that this is not much to go off but if no ones interested thats ok but the chance is there for a decent pay. (Aussie Dollars too btw, nice and strong)

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for artists 2013-04-20 00:10:45 Reply

At 4/19/13 10:00 PM, TRWT wrote:
To be honest we dont know what we had in mind other than it cant be bland and boring. I understand that this is not much to go off but if no ones interested thats ok but the chance is there for a decent pay. (Aussie Dollars too btw, nice and strong)

people study stuff like design to learn how to make a logo that stands for what it represents, using a logo just because you like how it looks is a huge error of judgment.
you should link some of your work, demographics, or at least a concept you want to represent you

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Looking for artists 2013-04-20 00:58:13 Reply

At 4/19/13 10:00 PM, TRWT wrote: To be honest we dont know what we had in mind other than it cant be bland and boring. I understand that this is not much to go off but if no ones interested thats ok but the chance is there for a decent pay. (Aussie Dollars too btw, nice and strong)

Okay, well, if we don't have any thoughts from you guys on what to go on, how about giving us some background on the band then? What's the name of the band, what style of music, do you have any examples we can hear, etc etc etc?

TRWT
TRWT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Looking for artists 2013-04-21 15:17:07 Reply

Oh ok. Hmm i guess this is why we are musicians and not artists XD I guess it would need to represent the name "Veriloquent" & the meaning of the name, the generalized sort of rock/metal the music is, something with impact, maybe something reminiscent of our current logo (hopefully much better XD). All our audio work is on NG under my user TRWT.

Dont know if this helps anyone but I can barely read my own handwriting let alone draw so my visual artistic imagination is somewhat ...whats the word? I guess terrible describes it pretty well haha :D

At 4/20/13 12:10 AM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 4/19/13 10:00 PM, TRWT wrote:
people study stuff like design to learn how to make a logo that stands for what it represents, using a logo just because you like how it looks is a huge error of judgment.
you should link some of your work, demographics, or at least a concept you want to represent you

Looking for artists

fatalissandwich
fatalissandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for artists 2013-04-21 20:35:02 Reply

no idea what your looking for

Looking for artists

ReasonableRobot
ReasonableRobot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for artists 2013-04-21 22:29:07 Reply

now when you say not bland or boring, do you mean you want graphics, like a picture containing your logo? or perhaps a picture making your logo? also, what is your preference? something hardcore and fantastical, or something more laid back yet with a cool vibe? also, do you prefer rough or a more streamlined look???
this sounds like an interesting job. please give more information if possible :)

here's a sketch. it ain't much but let me know if i'm headed in the right direction so i can edit and up the quality.

Looking for artists

TRWT
TRWT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Looking for artists 2013-04-21 23:41:34 Reply

Wow, impressive draft :D Snakes probs not the best part of it though. umm as far as pictures and whatnot that would probably be later on down the track for cover/album art or something along those lines. To be honest im not sure what you mean by a "streamlined" look but my assumption of what it means probably streamlined. XD Honestly we are hoping for as professional as possible considering how we were stuffed around by "Corporate Graphic Designers".

I guess my concern is being a little too typical, for example most metal bands tend to be white spikey logos on a black back ground. Whilst im not too overly concerned on being massively original (as i like to believe our music is so that makes up for it XD) I do like the idea of it standing out.

I wish I had the words to describe visuals, then i'd be more use but really i dont have many ideas for the logo itself. (plenty for the album art but...that doesnt help anyone right now XD)

If i can add anything else i will but for now i dont know what else to say. XD

At 4/21/13 10:29 PM, ReasonableRobot wrote: now when you say not bland or boring, do you mean you want graphics, like a picture containing your logo? or perhaps a picture making your logo? also, what is your preference? something hardcore and fantastical, or something more laid back yet with a cool vibe? also, do you prefer rough or a more streamlined look???
this sounds like an interesting job. please give more information if possible :)

here's a sketch. it ain't much but let me know if i'm headed in the right direction so i can edit and up the quality.
TRWT
TRWT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Looking for artists 2013-04-21 23:49:19 Reply

At 4/21/13 08:35 PM, fatalissandwich wrote: no idea what your looking for

Neither do we XD

p.s, guitarist said he thought that was cool. Reminds me of dexter to be honest XD

fatalissandwich
fatalissandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for artists 2013-04-22 08:43:07 Reply

check out my artwork, you know I wouldnt do a crappy job. Ill try to do some thumb nail sketches for you and see where it goes from there.

RiptideDf
RiptideDf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Looking for artists 2013-04-25 15:48:00 Reply

At 4/19/13 02:06 PM, TRWT wrote: hello all you talented artists who are far far better at creating visual art than us. We are looking for someone to help us create a logo and maybe album cover/art etc etc. Essentially we are prepared to buy the rights to the best logo that is sent to us for a couple hundred. If this sounds good by all means contact us otherwise ignore this thread and have a nice day :D

I actually specialize in logos. I just got done getting paid $300 to design a logo for a barber shop. This is something i created last night for myself. But if you like my style, we can always discuss details about creating something more personalize just for you.

Looking for artists

Nacco
Nacco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Looking for artists 2013-04-26 11:22:21 Reply

I tried some ideas on paper for fun. If you like one of them, I'll make a clean digital version of it.
I'm not really a professional artist but I'm cheap :p

Looking for artists