Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 13:52:52 Reply

At 4/18/13 09:38 AM, wandschrank wrote:
At 4/18/13 05:04 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Stuff
More stuff
To be perfectly fair, some guys are guilty of that too :P

.. that's true.

@Elitistinen:
Yay, let's get a NG SEXCHANGE! lol ^-^ jk (or not??) Wait you pick a female anime avatar for me and I pick one for you! =)

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 14:13:48 Reply

Insert ParagonX9 who is one of the oldest members of Newgrounds and one of the oldest contributors to the Audio Portal. Back in 2001 when any female found on the Internet was demanded for tits. Yet her music has been featured in a multitude of games here on Newgrounds and has achieved her own success.

By the way if this was true, then why doesn't LadyArsenic have more followers to her music then? She's a woman. Having tits apparently should garner her success, you know instead of any form of skill right?

You may not be sexist, but you still have a shallow mind OP.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 14:25:17 Reply

At 4/18/13 02:13 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Insert ParagonX9 who is one of the oldest members of Newgrounds and one of the oldest contributors to the Audio Portal. Back in 2001 when any female found on the Internet was demanded for tits. Yet her music has been featured in a multitude of games here on Newgrounds and has achieved her own success.

No one said you couldn't be succesful and get featured in games when you're a female. ParagonX9's success would actually "prove" OP's point.

By the way if this was true, then why doesn't LadyArsenic have more followers to her music then? She's a woman. Having tits apparently should garner her success, you know instead of any form of skill right?

Over 200 is quite a lot. Okay, she started posting songs in 2006, but "Classical" is not one of the more popular genres. Well, in this audio forum it is, but not overall.

Plus, to defend OP again, he never said you don't need skill if you're a female.. that would be absolute rubbish. He just assumed females get more views and fans on NG for their music, which of course is as good as the music of the male members. I also got that impression, and like I've said, it's hardly surprising - It's the internet. And it's NG, full of content which appeals to a pubescent male audience. ;)

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 14:26:57 Reply

most artists on here are male.

they just put female because of paragonx9. LOL

lel

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 14:33:43 Reply

At 4/18/13 02:13 PM, The-Great-One wrote: By the way if this was true, then why doesn't LadyArsenic have more followers to her music then? She's a woman. Having tits apparently should garner her success, you know instead of any form of skill right?

With as few pieces as she has and the fact I have never seen her around the community, I am surprised she HAS as many followers as she does...

*hits follow*

Well, not really surprised... definitely good music. :D

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Artist
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 14:35:02 Reply

At 4/18/13 01:46 PM, frootza wrote:
At 4/18/13 01:17 PM, jpbear wrote: why do you think so many regs here get sex changes lol
The OP mentioned it first. But if you notice a trend such as... "Wow, people are paying more attention to the girls on Newgrounds. I want to be famous." then, is it not logical to jump on that bandwagon? I'm not saying this is the case, but I am saying that it very well could be the case.

If you notice a trend such as... "Wow, people are getting on the news for shooting up schools. I want to be famous," then is it not logical to jump on that bandwagon?

(._.) ( l: ) (.-.) ( :l ) (._.)

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 14:59:29 Reply

At 4/18/13 01:52 PM, wandschrank wrote: @Elitistinen:
Yay, let's get a NG SEXCHANGE! lol ^-^ jk (or not??) Wait you pick a female anime avatar for me and I pick one for you! =)

...thank goodness I drew mine.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 15:15:35 Reply

At 4/18/13 02:59 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:

That's why you don't have 500 fans yet. You need some anime stuff!

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 15:20:03 Reply

At 4/18/13 01:48 AM, LazyBucks wrote: they [female composers] often get PMs

Men can't get premenstrual syndrome.

But in all seriousness. I do believe female artists on the internet generally (and newgrounds especially) get more attention than males. Because females are scarcer on newgrounds, most of the other newgrounds users are males, and men give women more attention than other men, or than women give to men. I think though that there are more women on the internet than appears. Many women don't like the attention or they don't want to the way people view their work be influenced by their gender. That's why (I suspect) more women than men don't want to specify their gender on the internet. This is the exact same reason why I don't put an actual photo as my profile picture. I just don't like the idea of hordes of people fapping to my good looks. Do it to my music instead. (ps I probably should make longer songs.)

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 16:10:34 Reply

At 4/18/13 03:15 PM, wandschrank wrote:
At 4/18/13 02:59 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
That's why you don't have 500 fans yet. You need some anime stuff!

I'm very picky with the anime I watch. I swear, when much of it is on exaggeration, yaoi and yuri it makes the shortlist on good, substantial themes much more difficult. I want to have an anime picture I support...

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 16:13:37 Reply

At 4/18/13 04:10 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
I'm very picky with the anime I watch. I swear, when much of it is on exaggeration, yaoi and yuri it makes the shortlist on good, substantial themes much more difficult. I want to have an anime picture I support...

Like.. Girls und Panzer?

Or wait.. Panty & Stocking with Garter Belt?

Dokuro-chan?

:o

(All full of very substantial themes. *coughs*)

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 16:43:26 Reply

I think we should wait for SugarSimon's response before we come to a conclusion guys.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 16:45:48 Reply

At 4/18/13 02:13 PM, The-Great-One wrote: ParagonX9
her music
her

God, people still believe this?

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

LazyBucks
LazyBucks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 17:13:50 Reply

At 4/18/13 02:13 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Insert ParagonX9 who is one of the oldest members of Newgrounds and one of the oldest contributors to the Audio Portal. Back in 2001 when any female found on the Internet was demanded for tits. Yet her music has been featured in a multitude of games here on Newgrounds and has achieved her own success.

You may not be sexist, but you still have a shallow mind OP.

I was satisfied with my thread so I stopped replying and have been reading others replies but I guess I have to reply to yours personally.

ParagonX9 isn't female, so lets not go through this all over again. If you still believe that Paragon is a woman, you are sorely mistaken or you missed out on that entire discussion how ever many years ago. I seem to remember his name is Jermaine?

I'm not sexist, nor am I shallow minded. I'm a very real person who loves to view things from a outside the box perspective. If you are going to take some offensive to this innocent thread where many are engaging is friendly conversation then perhaps you ought to go elsewhere.

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 17:21:56 Reply

I think I agree with OP...but I think it skews a girl's chances in her favor only slightly, almost immeasurable but I do think noticeable. I mean...if you're a girl at heart well...nope...

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 18:01:55 Reply

At 4/18/13 05:13 PM, LazyBucks wrote: I was satisfied with my thread so I stopped replying and have been reading others replies but I guess I have to reply to yours personally.

ParagonX9 isn't female, so lets not go through this all over again. If you still believe that Paragon is a woman, you are sorely mistaken or you missed out on that entire discussion how ever many years ago. I seem to remember his name is Jermaine?

I'm not sexist, nor am I shallow minded. I'm a very real person who loves to view things from a outside the box perspective. If you are going to take some offensive to this innocent thread where many are engaging is friendly conversation then perhaps you ought to go elsewhere.

My apologies on not knowing about ParagonX9. However though, why bring this up at all? What is the point in doing so? You made an observation, so where do you go from there? This thread just seems to go really nowhere. Women get more views, ratings, and reviews on their works than others on the site.

Why is this? Well they are skilled that is one thing. Someone wouldn't listen to their whole song or even check out their profile to find out whether the artist is male or female. Why do they have more of a following though? The cheap way out would be to say that horny teenagers follow a girl on the Internet because they can't get one in real life, which is not the case at all.

If the person has awesome music, then they will follow and share with their friends. The girls on Newgrounds get popular the same way that other guys here do. The only thing that makes it different is that there are not a lot of girls here on Newgrounds so they stick out more than the guys do.

I mean thatcomposerguy, Waterflame, and DaGrahamCraka all have substantial followings behind them.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
LazyBucks
LazyBucks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 18:15:38 Reply

At 4/18/13 06:01 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 4/18/13 05:13 PM, LazyBucks wrote: I was satisfied with my thread so I stopped replying and have been reading others replies but I guess I have to reply to yours personally.

My apologies on not knowing about ParagonX9. However though, why bring this up at all? What is the point in doing so? You made an observation, so where do you go from there? This thread just seems to go really nowhere. Women get more views, ratings, and reviews on their works than others on the site.

Why is this? Well they are skilled that is one thing. Someone wouldn't listen to their whole song or even check out their profile to find out whether the artist is male or female. Why do they have more of a following though? The cheap way out would be to say that horny teenagers follow a girl on the Internet because they can't get one in real life, which is not the case at all.

If the person has awesome music, then they will follow and share with their friends. The girls on Newgrounds get popular the same way that other guys here do. The only thing that makes it different is that there are not a lot of girls here on Newgrounds so they stick out more than the guys do.

I mean thatcomposerguy, Waterflame, and DaGrahamCraka all have substantial followings behind them.

The point of making the tread was to include people into the discussion who wanted to be involved. We talk about all sorts of interesting topics on various NG audio skypes and I though why not include those who go to the forums more.

I'm glad I did, because some really great points have been brought up.
Just because you disapprove does not mean the topic shouldn't simply exist. Using your own logic against you I can just simply say, if you didn't like it and know you can't change anything, why bother posting a reply in the first place?

alternativesolution
alternativesolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 19:14:33 Reply

At 4/18/13 03:20 PM, SourJovis wrote: Many women don't like the attention or they don't want to the way people view their work be influenced by their gender. That's why (I suspect) more women than men don't want to specify their gender on the internet. This is the exact same reason why I don't put an actual photo as my profile picture. I just don't like the idea of hordes of people fapping to my good looks. Do it to my music instead. (ps I probably should make longer songs.)

Yep, although I never actually thought about my work being viewed differently because of my gender. I get the impression that most users think I'm a guy at first or something.... I hope that's not the case, though? Lol

..I suppose I should put up a really "girly" picture and sig, lmao. I've been meaning to change it for a while now but I'm too lazy...
it probably still won't be something gender-specific, though

------->>> Post a random word

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 19:44:09 Reply

At 4/18/13 07:14 PM, alternativesolution wrote: Yep, although I never actually thought about my work being viewed differently because of my gender. I get the impression that most users think I'm a guy at first or something.... I hope that's not the case, though? Lol

..I suppose I should put up a really "girly" picture and sig, lmao. I've been meaning to change it for a while now but I'm too lazy...
it probably still won't be something gender-specific, though

There isn't much you can do about any of it. I think there are people who's opinion isn't influenced by someone else's gender. Most positive feedback you have to earn by putting effort in what you do, so the attention is mostly deserved. Don't worry about it.

Btw I forgot to add. Often the "She only has many fans because she's a woman." is often just an excuse guys use because they're jealous they're not as well known as they like to be.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 23:17:33 Reply

At 4/18/13 04:45 PM, Envy wrote:
her music
her

sadly, this is true.

lel

frootza
frootza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-18 23:32:44 Reply

At 4/18/13 02:35 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
At 4/18/13 01:46 PM, frootza wrote:
At 4/18/13 01:17 PM, jpbear wrote:
If you notice a trend such as... "Wow, people are getting on the news for shooting up schools. I want to be famous," then is it not logical to jump on that bandwagon?

Dude, you really took it a bit far with that one.

Check it! :) //// Never stop making music. Play MOTORJOUST!!!Check it! :)

masheenH3ad
masheenH3ad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-19 00:48:11 Reply

I think there is a truth in it. This is a MaN'S WORLD after all.

DjAbbic
DjAbbic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-19 08:46:16 Reply

Nek minnit, all NG musicians become female.

I do think it plays a role though.

New electro house/complextro song

I do not swear, smoke or drink alcohol. Oh sh*t! My cigarette just fell in my can of beer!

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-19 12:53:57 Reply

At 4/19/13 08:46 AM, DjAbbic wrote: Nek minnit, all NG musicians become female.

I do think it plays a role though.

The prophecy is there. Har har har... I keep my gender though.

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-19 18:42:25 Reply

At 4/18/13 04:45 PM, Envy wrote:
her music
her

I love it tbh

Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-19 19:00:21 Reply

At 4/18/13 02:35 AM, HalcyonicFalconX wrote:
At 4/18/13 02:29 AM, alternativesolution wrote:
like do we need to talk that different or what?
Nope. Just post up a profile pic with bewbs and dat's enuff! :P

Yeah, like this. To take full advantage of this effect, make deep house and record some moans from porn; explicitly state in the project comments you sprinkled some feminine essence over the melody line and, perhaps, a little bit over the 5 button aswell.

Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

jaysummers759885
jaysummers759885
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-20 09:26:45 Reply

At 4/18/13 02:21 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I'm not sure having hundreds of horny teenagers send you PMs asking for tits should really be considered "Success".

ROFLMAO.... tits..... *giggle*

jaysummers759885
jaysummers759885
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-20 09:42:06 Reply

Gender means nothing when it comes to art imho. I think women or men can be creative, dark, mean, happy, soulful... To me I see just artists on NG. I suppose that when I converse with a female on NG, I do speak differently, but only out of etiquette, Nothing more. I was raised to mind my manners around women. In that aspect I suppose I treat them differently, but only out of kindness; otherwise, I witness their art just like I would a male's artistic expression. There are fewer females on NG than males I have noticed, but I wouldn't chalk up any success of a female on NG based on their sexuality. I mean, I pity the fool who has to find a date on NG. lol... I mean... seriously? Aren't there better places to do that? malls... bars... libraries... grocery stores... airplanes.... bathrooms... OH WAIT.. ~.~ not bathrooms, you didn't hear me type that. lol.... but yeah.. *ahem* This site is fucking awesome imho because of one interesting fact: "It is a great place to learn more about people, music, production, art, flash animation; better yet, it is a place where you can witness art from across the world." That is just amazing to me; that is what I would focus on, rather than the gender of the artists, but that is just my humble opinion.

~J

alternativesolution
alternativesolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-20 10:28:43 Reply

At 4/20/13 09:42 AM, jaysummers759885 wrote: I think women or men can be creative, dark, mean, happy, soulful... To me I see just artists on NG. "It is a great place to learn more about people, music, production, art, flash animation; better yet, it is a place where you can witness art from across the world." That is just amazing to me; that is what I would focus on, rather than the gender of the artists, but that is just my humble opinion.

I agree. While it's cool to know a little bit about the identity of an artist, I'm glad to see not everyone's focused on the gender of their peers...

This guy. I like you.

------->>> Post a random word

BBS Signature
HalcyonicFalconX
HalcyonicFalconX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Being a girl = More success on NG? 2013-04-21 13:49:13 Reply

At 4/20/13 09:42 AM, jaysummers759885 wrote: I mean, I pity the fool who has to find a date on NG. lol... I mean... seriously? Aren't there better places to do that? malls... bars... libraries... grocery stores... airplanes.... bathrooms... OH WAIT.. ~.~ not bathrooms, you didn't hear me type that.

^For reals. xD

Being a girl = More success on NG?