Be a Supporter!

Latest news in the audio portal

  • 1,132 Views
  • 39 Replies
New Topic
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Latest news in the audio portal Apr. 20th, 2013 @ 03:20 PM

At 4/20/13 03:14 PM, DJRAV3N wrote: That is Newgrounds. Why improve yourself when you can make terrible sounding shit and people will love it. There are like maybe 1 or 2 artist here that are on a pro level. They Know who They Are.

Yeah, so that's why people like ParagonX9, Envy, Waterflame and RealFaction happen to have submissions in the All-Time Best section. And that's why we find even more on this list here.

I could take you seriously, but I don't think I should anymore.


AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: A Night in the Attic

BBS Signature
DJRAV3N
DJRAV3N
  • Member since: May. 2, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Latest news in the audio portal Apr. 20th, 2013 @ 03:24 PM

Yeah, so that's why people like ParagonX9, Envy, Waterflame and RealFaction happen to have submissions in the All-Time Best section. And that's why we find even more on this list here.

I could take you seriously, but I don't think I should anymore.

You obviously have bad taste in music, I mean real quality music.


I Am L3O, I Am the only Me there is Nobody Else
L3O's Soundcloud
Reverbnation

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Latest news in the audio portal Apr. 20th, 2013 @ 03:28 PM

At 4/20/13 03:24 PM, DJRAV3N wrote:
Yeah, so that's why people like ParagonX9, Envy, Waterflame and RealFaction happen to have submissions in the All-Time Best section. And that's why we find even more on this list here.

I could take you seriously, but I don't think I should anymore.
You obviously have bad taste in music, I mean real quality music.

Says the guy who probably doesn't even know who Thomas Tallis and William Byrd are.

Your argument is invalid, and for the simple reason that in art, tastes differ, and one person's tastes will simply be different from yours. At least people on NG who produce honest music don't go about stealing songs unlike will.i.am, and that's something to be lauded already.


AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: A Night in the Attic

BBS Signature
camoshark
camoshark
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Latest news in the audio portal Apr. 20th, 2013 @ 03:33 PM

At 4/20/13 03:24 PM, DJRAV3N wrote:
Yeah, so that's why people like ParagonX9, Envy, Waterflame and RealFaction happen to have submissions in the All-Time Best section. And that's why we find even more on this list here.

I could take you seriously, but I don't think I should anymore.
You obviously have bad taste in music, I mean real quality music.

Bad troll is bad.

Now piss off.

DJRAV3N
DJRAV3N
  • Member since: May. 2, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Latest news in the audio portal Apr. 20th, 2013 @ 03:35 PM

At 4/20/13 03:28 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 4/20/13 03:24 PM, DJRAV3N wrote:
Yeah, so that's why people like ParagonX9, Envy, Waterflame and RealFaction happen to have submissions in the All-Time Best section. And that's why we find even more on this list here.

I could take you seriously, but I don't think I should anymore.
You obviously have bad taste in music, I mean real quality music.
Says the guy who probably doesn't even know who Thomas Tallis and William Byrd are.

Your argument is invalid, and for the simple reason that in art, tastes differ, and one person's tastes will simply be different from yours. At least people on NG who produce honest music don't go about stealing songs unlike will.i.am, and that's something to be lauded already.

There is more to music than art, like mixing and mastering which by far is the biggest problem on here. I can understand if your starting out but if you been making music for 5+ years and there is more mud on your track than a Louisiana swamp then you might have a problem. I dont know what you mean by people on newgrounds as honest? I cant count how many times I have come across a stolen song, matter of fact we have a thread dedicated to stealing music and putting it on newgrounds. I dont really listen to Will.I.Am his sound is kinda boring to me.


I Am L3O, I Am the only Me there is Nobody Else
L3O's Soundcloud
Reverbnation

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Latest news in the audio portal Apr. 20th, 2013 @ 06:44 PM

At 4/20/13 03:24 PM, DJRAV3N wrote:
You obviously have bad taste in music, I mean real quality music.

Now we have something in common...

Nimble
Nimble
  • Member since: May. 21, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Latest news in the audio portal Apr. 21st, 2013 @ 01:53 AM

At 4/20/13 03:35 PM, DJRAV3N wrote: I dont know what you mean by people on newgrounds as honest? I cant count how many times I have come across a stolen song, matter of fact we have a thread dedicated to stealing music and putting it on newgrounds.

Says the guy who uploads songs that have copyrighted material in them.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/529678

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.
"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature
DJRAV3N
DJRAV3N
  • Member since: May. 2, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Latest news in the audio portal Apr. 21st, 2013 @ 06:57 AM

At 4/21/13 01:53 AM, NimblekidX wrote:
At 4/20/13 03:35 PM, DJRAV3N wrote: I dont know what you mean by people on newgrounds as honest? I cant count how many times I have come across a stolen song, matter of fact we have a thread dedicated to stealing music and putting it on newgrounds.
Says the guy who uploads songs that have copyrighted material in them.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/529678

Yea some of my songs are remixes so what? There are alot of remixes on here maybe they should all be banned. It kinda funny that a N.F like step or whatever his name is to come along and ban me from the portal. The Audio portal is really starting to show it's true color's. Ban me, zero bomb me, Tell yourself L3O is lying to make yourself better but you cant keep a REAL NIIGGA down. Ill Always Be Here pointing out your flaws and Exposing Your very amateurish Circle Jerk Party.

If only yall knew who I was XD

"There are people who are generic. They make generic responses and they expect generic answers. They live inside a box and they think people who don't fit into their box are weird. But I'll tell you what, generic people are the weird people. They are like genetically-manipulated plants growing inside a laboratory, like indistinguishable faces, like droids. Like ignorance.âEU
C. JoyBell C

âEUoeFacts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.âEU Aldous Huxley


I Am L3O, I Am the only Me there is Nobody Else
L3O's Soundcloud
Reverbnation

CosmicCowboy
CosmicCowboy
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Latest news in the audio portal Apr. 21st, 2013 @ 07:23 AM

At 4/21/13 06:57 AM, DJRAV3N wrote:
At 4/21/13 01:53 AM, NimblekidX wrote:
At 4/20/13 03:35 PM, DJRAV3N wrote: I dont know what you mean by people on newgrounds as honest? I cant count how many times I have come across a stolen song, matter of fact we have a thread dedicated to stealing music and putting it on newgrounds.
Says the guy who uploads songs that have copyrighted material in them.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/529678
Yea some of my songs are remixes so what? There are alot of remixes on here maybe they should all be banned. It kinda funny that a N.F like step or whatever his name is to come along and ban me from the portal. The Audio portal is really starting to show it's true color's. Ban me, zero bomb me, Tell yourself L3O is lying to make yourself better but you cant keep a REAL NIIGGA down. Ill Always Be Here pointing out your flaws and Exposing Your very amateurish Circle Jerk Party.

If only yall knew who I was XD

"There are people who are generic. They make generic responses and they expect generic answers. They live inside a box and they think people who don't fit into their box are weird. But I'll tell you what, generic people are the weird people. They are like genetically-manipulated plants growing inside a laboratory, like indistinguishable faces, like droids. Like ignorance.âEU
C. JoyBell C

âEUoeFacts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.âEU Aldous Huxley

I apologize in advance for my messy response. I'm on my ipad.

rav3n, I think you're taking your ban too personally. It's not a slam against your skills as a musician/producer, rather a simple reprimand for violating rules. You're right when you say that there are a lot of people violating the rules, and sometimes they get overlooked, but that doesn't mean we should take advantage of the overwhelmed moderators.

Back to the subject at hand of quality controlling this website: I think you all have great intentions, but I don't see what harm comes from giving aspiring artists a place to dump their works, even if you don't particularly dig it. There's lots of music I don't care for, but I would never say that I have more right to upload material than anyone else.

The music on the top weekly/monthly are on top for a reason. You might not love it, but obviously other people do. It would be difficult to abuse the system to rank yourself higher unless you had way too much time on your hands and an inferiority complex. So what if you don't love it, or even respect it. It's nothing to consume yourself with.

Anyway.. Just my 2 cents.


BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 39
Musician
Response to Latest news in the audio portal Apr. 21st, 2013 @ 07:33 AM

At 4/21/13 06:57 AM, DJRAV3N wrote: angry rant

Got a problem with an audio ban? Take it up politely via PM with the audio mod that banned you.

I'm sick of seeing you degenerate perfectly good threads.