New Topic Respond to this Topic
Omegeist
Omegeist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Deckadance 2 2013-04-15 21:27:41 Reply

If you do live shows with DJ software what software do you currently use? I just upgraded to Deckadance 2 and must say its quite fantastic and although i never really used Deckadance 1 becuase of Traktor i might consider switching from Traktor to Deckadance 2. Or are you one of those 'that type of software is cheesy and useless' type of people.... .... like buoy :0

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Deckadance 2 2013-04-16 10:26:02 Reply

I use Mixtrack Pro with Virtual DJ because fuck you

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Deckadance 2 2013-04-16 10:44:18 Reply

I dont do live shows or DJing very often but I do buy and sell DJ gear 40 hours a week and lemme just be the first to say: DJs hate change unless its just a more shiny version of what they are already used to.

Like why people use CDJs anymore is completely beyond me. Software-wise people are equally ignorant. Everyone is obsessed with Serato....which has shitty effects, no vst support, and no sample deck ability, VDJ and Traktor both have better features but people run around saying they suck and serato rocks.

Truth be told...all 3 of em suck. This version of Deckadance is easily a better buy. Smart knobs, sample deck, and vst support isnt even all that hard to get, and yet serato and native instruments cant seem to figure it out haha.

Huzzah Image-line!

P,S. The new Behringer controllers are shipping with Deckadance so maybe people wont bag on it like they do with FL.

Omegeist
Omegeist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Deckadance 2 2013-04-16 11:28:01 Reply

At 4/16/13 10:44 AM, Breed wrote:

P,S. The new Behringer controllers are shipping with Deckadance so maybe people wont bag on it like they do with FL.

Behringer is terrible

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Deckadance 2 2013-04-20 22:48:44 Reply

At 4/16/13 11:28 AM, Omegeist wrote:
Behringer is terrible

You can't just call a company terrible unless literally everything they make sucks. Behringer is good at a lot of shit you are clearly overlooking.

Pricepoint, build quality, and power are 3 things behringer does quite well compared to others.

Things they dont do well? Software, and speaker drivers. Their pres used to be bad, but then they bought out midas and now they use their pres without even changing the price. They make pretty much THE BEST faders, knobs, buttons, etc....for mixers/consoles.

I could go on, my only point is that these new controllers (which honestly look nifty as fuck), ship with deckadance....which means retailers will carry deckadance (it wont just be an underground/underdog to serato/traktor/vdj).