Be a Supporter!
Dogzin
Dogzin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Daft Punk! 2013-04-15 20:02:46 Reply

so im strugling on what i need to do to make these images "match up" i know the top panel of his visor (above the screen ) needs altering but i dont know what to do to make it right?

any pointers would help out a lot! feel free to sketch on it or request the fla if you are feeling super helpful :P

Daft Punk!

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Daft Punk! 2013-04-16 03:38:24 Reply

At 4/15/13 08:02 PM, Dogzin wrote: so im strugling on what i need to do to make these images "match up" i know the top panel of his visor (above the screen ) needs altering but i dont know what to do to make it right?

any pointers would help out a lot! feel free to sketch on it or request the fla if you are feeling super helpful :P

You're gonna make a munny? should be cool.
A fairly obvious suggestion is just to use a horizontal grid. The height/vertical length of stuff on the side view should be the same as the height/vertical length on the front view.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to Daft Punk! 2013-04-16 06:39:24 Reply

Question - are you making a Munny or are you making a flash animation?

either way if you pay more attention to the proportions of the real thing you will see the flaws...

but of course you may be wanting to make something more stylised. in that case just keep the new proportions the same.

also, to show its metallic add some gradients in there with harsh white to black and then edge rim with white.

Drawing done with mouse in new ms paint.

Daft Punk!

BBS Signature
Dogzin
Dogzin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Daft Punk! 2013-04-16 20:10:14 Reply

some real good suggestions there guys! idk why but i ddint even think to use a grid D:

to clear things up ( i should have mentioned it earlier ) but i'm making a munny and using these drawings as reference! i would have added gradients and edited the colour but i was just doing a rushed job, (I never would have thought of going harsh black to white when doing metallic but its a REALLY good point)

and I tried to keep to the real proportions, but its hard as there isnt clear pictures anywhere on the net of the same helmet front faced and side faced, they are all three quarter style shots

I guess i can go for a stylized look on the munny though :)

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to Daft Punk! 2013-04-19 08:33:38 Reply

At 4/16/13 08:10 PM, Dogzin wrote: I guess i can go for a stylized look on the munny though :)

Its up to you what you want to do, but why are you creating a reference when there are already references to the helmet

See picture above

its a perfect side shot and a near perfect front view, enough to give you a pretty good idea what your making...

also I would recommend building onto the head to make the visor/frame stand out and for the body have the daft punk jacket with the "daft punk" on the back, mix a bit of silver glitter and PVA glue and paint over a silver paint to make it sparkle...

I currently have a spare "munny" type figure (it has pig ears and nose) that i might convert to the gold helmet one.

if you need any help or advice on how to do something, just ask!
I personally have a lot of experience working with miniatures this scale, painting them and any materials that would be useful... also i am sure others will lend a helping hand if we can follow your creation step by step to lend pointers and opinions.

see my mindchamber raffy for example.

• Mindchamber raffy
    Mindchamber raffy by LegolaSS

this is my entry to the newgrounds raffy contest... tell me what you think... and what you think i could improve on for next ...

Score
    4.513043478 / 5.00
    Type
    Fine Art
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

BBS Signature
Dogzin
Dogzin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Daft Punk! 2013-04-22 17:40:26 Reply

At 4/19/13 08:33 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 4/16/13 08:10 PM, Dogzin wrote: I guess i can go for a stylized look on the munny though :)
Its up to you what you want to do, but why are you creating a reference when there are already references to the helmet
See picture above
its a perfect side shot and a near perfect front view, enough to give you a pretty good idea what your making...

also I would recommend building onto the head to make the visor/frame stand out and for the body have the daft punk jacket with the "daft punk" on the back, mix a bit of silver glitter and PVA glue and paint over a silver paint to make it sparkle...

I currently have a spare "munny" type figure (it has pig ears and nose) that i might convert to the gold helmet one.

I personally have a lot of experience working with miniatures this scale, painting them and any materials that would be useful... also i am sure others will lend a helping hand if we can follow your creation step by step to lend pointers and opinions.

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/legolass/mindchamber-raff y

Hey! thanks for the interest and advice! i didn't think there was a decentish munny/kidrobot community here! i used to adore newgrounds and be really into flash a lot around 4 years ago, but my kidrobot obsession kinda took over, Kidrobot and NG dont receive a whole lot of attention in the UK so its nice to see love between my 2 fav. things!

anyway! i drew up a reference out of anticipation because my sculpey was on its way (forgot to order proper tools so waiting on them now) I also did it to get a feel for it, sort of! it's helped me drawing every line, i could see myself totally forgetting about building part of it and wrecking it, idk if it was really needed though! ill start to post some pics if i'm anywhere near happy with it!

your raffy is awesome btw! is it a raffy head and body moulded into one? thats a genius idea (and i actually searched for mindchamber munny in google when i posted this)

I think its a shame that when Newgrounds had its first "munny" contest they didn't use a munny, but a cheaper knock off version and still called it a munny, because anyone seeing that thread now won't see what can really be done with them!

peace!

Dogzin
Dogzin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Daft Punk! 2013-04-22 17:43:03 Reply

At 4/19/13 08:33 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
See picture above

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/legolass/mindchamber-raff y

Hey! thanks for the interest and advice! i didn't think there was a decentish munny/kidrobot community here! i used to adore newgrounds and be really into flash a lot around 4 years ago, but my kidrobot obsession kinda took over, Kidrobot and NG dont receive a whole lot of attention in the UK so its nice to see love between my 2 fav. things!

anyway! i drew up a reference out of anticipation because my sculpey was on its way (forgot to order proper tools so waiting on them now) I also did it to get a feel for it, sort of! it's helped me drawing every line, i could see myself totally forgetting about building part of it and wrecking it, idk if it was really needed though! ill start to post some pics if i'm anywhere near happy with it!

your raffy is awesome btw! is it a raffy head and body moulded into one? thats a genius idea (and i actually searched for mindchamber munny in google when i posted this)

I think its a shame that when Newgrounds had its first "munny" contest they didn't use a munny, but a cheaper knock off version and still called it a munny, because anyone seeing that thread now won't see what can really be done with them!

peace!