Be a Supporter!

Explosions in Boston Marathon

  • 16,817 Views
  • 569 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
joethesouleater
joethesouleater
  • Member since: Sep. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 23:41:40 Reply

i almost went to the marathon yesterday but i didnt have enough money for gas and parking, its a good thing im poor


BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 00:14:48 Reply

At 4/15/13 10:41 PM, satanbrain wrote: This is a security failure. The area should have been better protected.

Some things come out of the blue that you can't prepare for. No one could have predicted this and sent "in case of terrorist attack" security

Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Member since: Apr. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 00:20:46 Reply

At 4/16/13 09:25 PM, YomToxic wrote: ... I still dont get what this'll earn them. A few firebombs? More hate?

Lots and lots of money from the lawsuits they're deliberately trying to draw, which they will always win because of the First Amendment. They're con artists, this is what they do for a living.


NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: If... (Anderson, 1968, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
triplenoob
triplenoob
  • Member since: Feb. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 00:22:44 Reply

At 4/17/13 12:14 AM, T3XT wrote:
At 4/15/13 10:41 PM, satanbrain wrote: This is a security failure. The area should have been better protected.
Some things come out of the blue that you can't prepare for. No one could have predicted this and sent "in case of terrorist attack" security

I agree. The bomb exploded out of the hotel next to it. They couldn't possibly cover that area in full.


[My Art] Sig made by me PM me if you want one just as sexy, or request one here

BBS Signature
satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 00:54:33 Reply

At 4/17/13 12:22 AM, triplenoob wrote: I agree. The bomb exploded out of the hotel next to it. They couldn't possibly cover that area in full.

What does the US intelligence community exist for if not to know about it?


(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
Gramiscus
Gramiscus
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 01:04:07 Reply

i'm really disappointed in the blanket statements made against entire countries in this thread.

come on, really.

i'd much rather you say tox is a cunt than say Canada deserves little respect.
and tox, you're a cunt.

translation complete


I go to school to study how high frequency sound waves can heal, ...or KILL.

Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Writer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 01:10:34 Reply

At 4/16/13 09:10 PM, Timmy wrote: And just when you thought you couldn't respect Canada any less...you browse through the posts at the tail end of this thread.

I don't step up on my soap box to spout some amateur sociopolitical nonsense when you guys have a moose massacre or have a maple syrup shortage, eh?

You're free to massacre Justin Bieber, Nickleback, Avril Lavigne or Celine Dion.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 01:18:30 Reply

I recommend you all watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3VFSB3rJQ8

:/


lel

BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 01:25:36 Reply

At 4/17/13 01:18 AM, Sequenced wrote: I recommend you all watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3VFSB3rJQ8

/

i dont see how that could even be considered related.

it was an easy joke on winning a marathon by using a car, in the process he obviously hit some people


I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
megadrivesonic
megadrivesonic
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 01:26:14 Reply

it just makes we wonder what kind of sick crazy person would have bombs go off while they were crossing the finish line, its pretty sadistic.


if your interested in me doing comminsions, here are my prices

Lageira
Lageira
  • Member since: Oct. 6, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 03:01:07 Reply

I'm from Europe and I still don't understand why this terrorist attack has gotten so much attention worldwide.

Do you know why and how many people died in Somalia last Sunday?
Multiple bombings killed more than 50 people in Iraq who were going to vote yesterday..

I understand it's horrible for Americans but it's a far stretch to call it a Global Tragedy when worse stuff happens all over the world almost everyday.

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 03:13:37 Reply

WHo gives a shit about stupid little sand niggurs?

They can kill all the women and children they want, better off dead than a fucking mussie, thats what I say.


my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
Lageira
Lageira
  • Member since: Oct. 6, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 03:23:19 Reply

At 4/17/13 03:13 AM, MrPercie wrote: WHo gives a shit about stupid little sand niggurs?

They can kill all the women and children they want, better off dead than a fucking mussie, thats what I say.

I hope you're joking.

I'll assume you are

Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 04:35:08 Reply

So I found a website that worries and disturbs me involving the Chicago Run and I've alerted the FBI but shit man, if you're Chicago in May fucking stay safe or something. Better be a hoax or scare or something.


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 04:42:52 Reply

At 4/17/13 04:35 AM, Ryanson wrote: involving the Chicago Run

Possibly involving.


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 06:49:57 Reply

At 4/17/13 03:01 AM, Lageira wrote: I'm from Europe and I still don't understand why this terrorist attack has gotten so much attention worldwide.

You just answered your own question. It is getting attention worldwide because it was a terrorist attack ON American soil. Just like the 7/7 bombings were worldwide news, so is this.


.

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 06:51:52 Reply

At 4/17/13 06:49 AM, Zachary wrote:
At 4/17/13 03:01 AM, Lageira wrote: I'm from Europe and I still don't understand why this terrorist attack has gotten so much attention worldwide.
You just answered your own question. It is getting attention worldwide because it was a terrorist attack ON American soil. Just like the 7/7 bombings were worldwide news, so is this.

Also, the Boston marathon isn't just an American event. There are people from all over the world that go to run in the marathon.


.

BBS Signature
ill
ill
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 06:57:25 Reply

We have so much hatred for one another nowadays, it's disgusting.


BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 07:23:59 Reply

I saw this game once, it was Call of Honor, or Halo Duty, or something, but there were guns in it, and there was an explosion, and my grandson was playing it, and I think this game was the reason that the Boston Bombing AND 9/11 happened! We should ban violence in order to save the children!

Who's with me!!


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Lageira
Lageira
  • Member since: Oct. 6, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 07:45:23 Reply

At 4/17/13 06:49 AM, Zachary wrote:
At 4/17/13 03:01 AM, Lageira wrote: I'm from Europe and I still don't understand why this terrorist attack has gotten so much attention worldwide.
You just answered your own question. It is getting attention worldwide because it was a terrorist attack ON American soil. Just like the 7/7 bombings were worldwide news, so is this.

Altough this is getting way too much media attention. It almost feels to me that a bombing in America is a bigger deal then on, say, Bali or Afghanistan.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 07:47:38 Reply

At 4/17/13 06:51 AM, Zachary wrote: Also, the Boston marathon isn't just an American event. There are people from all over the world that go to run in the marathon.

Well ive certainly never heard of it before

ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Member since: Sep. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 08:35:31 Reply

At 4/17/13 07:47 AM, BumFodder wrote:
At 4/17/13 06:51 AM, Zachary wrote: Also, the Boston marathon isn't just an American event. There are people from all over the world that go to run in the marathon.
Well ive certainly never heard of it before

They have only been doing it for around 117 years

Gotta feel bad for Boston and the people though,it isn't at a scale 9/11 was but still mad bombing nonetheless that took a couple lives and ruined many more by those peoples' injuries most of them losing limbs and such so they won't be the same again.

Whoever did this can't hide for long,stay strong Boston.


NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 10:35:25 Reply

At 4/17/13 07:45 AM, Lageira wrote:
At 4/17/13 06:49 AM, Zachary wrote:
At 4/17/13 03:01 AM, Lageira wrote: I'm from Europe and I still don't understand why this terrorist attack has gotten so much attention worldwide.
You just answered your own question. It is getting attention worldwide because it was a terrorist attack ON American soil. Just like the 7/7 bombings were worldwide news, so is this.
Altough this is getting way too much media attention. It almost feels to me that a bombing in America is a bigger deal then on, say, Bali or Afghanistan.

Because bombings always happen in afghanistan, that's like saying rain in england should be a bigger deal than a bombing in boston.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 10:44:47 Reply

At 4/17/13 07:47 AM, BumFodder wrote:
At 4/17/13 06:51 AM, Zachary wrote: Also, the Boston marathon isn't just an American event. There are people from all over the world that go to run in the marathon.
Well ive certainly never heard of it before

It is actually a pretty popular event, alot of people from other countries come to run as well. The marathon can be seen as the every man sport.

Altough this is getting way too much media attention. It almost feels to me that a bombing in America is a bigger deal then on, say, Bali or Afghanistan.

Because it is a bigger deal.

KyyninenPeikko
KyyninenPeikko
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 10:45:41 Reply

Inb4 Obama march the rest of idiotic Americans straight to war in Iran or NKorea just because of 3 people died.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 10:56:58 Reply

At 4/17/13 10:45 AM, KyyninenPeikko wrote: Inb4 Obama march the rest of idiotic Americans straight to war in Iran or NKorea just because of 3 people died.

What? Could you slow down on your hateful bile spewing text long enough to construct a proper sentence?

KyyninenPeikko
KyyninenPeikko
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 11:09:25 Reply

At 4/17/13 10:56 AM, Ceratisa wrote:
At 4/17/13 10:45 AM, KyyninenPeikko wrote: Inb4 Obama march the rest of idiotic Americans straight to war in Iran or NKorea just because of 3 people died.
What? Could you slow down on your hateful bile spewing text long enough to construct a proper sentence?

U must be a fan of Obama. Let's find out who bombed that marathon. I want to thank him because he certainly helped those people ran much faster.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 11:12:58 Reply

At 4/17/13 11:09 AM, KyyninenPeikko wrote:
At 4/17/13 10:56 AM, Ceratisa wrote:
At 4/17/13 10:45 AM, KyyninenPeikko wrote: Inb4 Obama march the rest of idiotic Americans straight to war in Iran or NKorea just because of 3 people died.
What? Could you slow down on your hateful bile spewing text long enough to construct a proper sentence?
U must be a fan of Obama. Let's find out who bombed that marathon. I want to thank him because he certainly helped those people ran much faster.

Nope, I do not care for Obama's policies, many would consider me fairly conservative. I'd like to see your ass run 26+ miles though.

Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Writer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 11:48:26 Reply

At 4/17/13 06:57 AM, ill wrote: We have so much hatred for one another nowadays, it's disgusting.

Nowadays?

You make me laugh. Men has always hated its neighbour, from pre-historical men all the way to concentration camp.

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 12:02:01 Reply

Although this is a horrible event, and I hope whoever did this is brought to justice, I hate how everyone is already blaming muslums, conjecturing about some vast conspiricy, and even relating this to 9/11.

I really hope the bomber is not Arabic or Muslim, the US is already too paranoid.


“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature