New Topic Respond to this Topic
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 06:38 AM Reply

My assumption is that this is domestic terrorism. A group though, not lone wolf terrorism or whatever they call that. This is much to low-scale for an outsider foreign attack. Mainly I want to know who would do this and what exactly there motivation is. Boston Police found some suspicious baggage but so far that's the only thing they have to go off of.

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 07:56 AM Reply

At 4/16/13 06:38 AM, tyler2513 wrote: My assumption is that this is domestic terrorism.

According to the Boston Globe, early reports seem to suggest that you're right.

Even so, while I totally understand wanting to know who did this and why, it's still much too early to tell anything for sure and we should probably hold off on speculating. We wouldn't want to stoop to the level of those schmucks at the Post.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Schizopolis (Soderbergh, 1996, USA) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 08:14 AM Reply

Their system of narrowing down suspects is just ridiculous.

An explosion happens and suddenly, it must be the Saudis. So every Saudi national in town is suddenly a suspect, despite them having no evidence of such.

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 09:04 AM Reply

And it looks like 4chan has fucked itself over again.

I was on /mu/ (the music forum) the other day and an anonymous user asked everyone's favorite band. One anonymous user responded "If anyone says Bon Jovi, I'm going to explode a building". Someone cleverly said Bon Jovi, and so the anon responded "15/4. Never forget."

This post was at 11 AM, about four hours before the explosion.

Explosions in Boston Marathon

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 09:10 AM Reply

At 4/16/13 08:14 AM, T3XT wrote: An explosion happens and suddenly, it must be the Saudis. So every Saudi national in town is suddenly a suspect, despite them having no evidence of such.

This is the kind of "news" you get when you read a Murdoch-owned paper.

They still haven't issued a retraction. Un-fucking-believable.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Schizopolis (Soderbergh, 1996, USA) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 09:10 AM Reply

I call fake on this.
I mean americans running a marathon? That can't be real.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 09:19 AM Reply

At 4/16/13 01:00 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote:

Who cares if people make jokes about this shit, guess what, it's protected speech. Cry all you want about being offended and bad taste, humor is humor, and I for one don't care for those that wish to impose limits on peoples rights to say as they wish.

Protected speech applies to those who disagrees with you as well, it's a two way street. Free speech doesn't apply to you, if you think so then you're no different than Adolf Hitler and we all know what he did you Nazi scumbag!

Gotta be done

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 09:22 AM Reply

At 4/16/13 02:11 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Hits the nail in the head!

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 09:25 AM Reply

Implying a fuck is given...

bottom left of picture

Explosions in Boston Marathon

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Mizzjuicyflava
Mizzjuicyflava
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Reader
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 09:28 AM Reply

Yet another tragic event for the US. My heart goes out the victims and their families. I been very busy and havent kept up with anything yet. But i hope they find out who did this.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 09:31 AM Reply

At 4/16/13 01:12 AM, Ryanson wrote:
At 4/16/13 01:00 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: Who cares if people make jokes about this shit, guess what, it's protected speech.
Freedom of speech also includes the right to point out what terrible people you are for making jokes like that.

And that they're worthless pieces of shit that will never amount to anything in their life.

That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 10:14 AM Reply

At 4/16/13 09:31 AM, wildfire4461 wrote:
At 4/16/13 01:00 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: Who cares if people make jokes about this shit, guess what, it's protected speech.
Freedom of speech also includes the right to point out what terrible people you are for making jokes like that.
And that they're worthless pieces of shit that will never amount to anything in their life.

i dont see how you could get that from a joke
lot of assholes run things

anytime an incident happens people want to feel apart of it by either reporting on it with exclusive details or being offended by remarks when they have no reason to be

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
Ganon-Dorf
Ganon-Dorf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Melancholy
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 10:23 AM Reply

At 4/16/13 04:11 AM, Dr-Worm wrote:
He's not saying you don't have the legal right to make these kinds of jokes, he's saying that it's ethically wrong, inconsiderate, insensitive, myopic, selfish and juvenile, which it is.

And this is a private website, there is no "protected speech."

Cry all you want about being offended and bad taste, humor is humor
No, it's only humor when it's funny. Cracking a lazy, intentionally bad pun about a violent tragedy mere hours after it occurs isn't humor, and it certainly isn't funny. It's just a crass, pathetic attempt to appear aloof and edgy and get attention.

and I for one don't care for those that wish to impose limits on peoples rights to say as they wish.
Don't be an ass. We're talking about empathy, compassion and basic human decency, not censorship.

Who said anything about empathy? I'm not knocking the people that ran towards a bomb site, I've got nothing but respect for them; however, if I find it funny that someone wants to say "I heard the Boston Marathon was a blast!" who's to say that I can't find it funny, or shouldn't? What about 9/11 jokes, are these by people lacking empathy?

Saying that something is ethically wrong is just an appeal to whatever system of ethics you happen to adhere to, I want people to make all the politically incorrect jokes they can, if people would stop reacting and start engaging with things then maybe they might learn something about the situation at hand.

And that they're worthless pieces of shit that will never amount to anything in their life

You can make claims like that all you want and I won't stop you from doing it, call me terrible all you want, if I find something funny I'll laugh at it, humor is subjective. Your further claim that people that make these kinds of jokes will "never amount to anything" is hilarious to me, as all I have to do is point out the careers of people like George Carlin, Tarantino, and Mitch Hedberg, who all have made livings off of the obscene.

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 10:30 AM Reply

At 4/16/13 10:23 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: Who said anything about empathy? I'm not knocking the people that ran towards a bomb site, I've got nothing but respect for them; however, if I find it funny that someone wants to say "I heard the Boston Marathon was a blast!"

How is that funny though? It's like the LEAST clever thing you can say. There isn't an ounce of wit in it at all. It just shows how shit of a person you are for laughing at such a shit joke about a shit situation.

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 10:35 AM Reply

At 4/16/13 10:30 AM, Zachary wrote:
At 4/16/13 10:23 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: Who said anything about empathy? I'm not knocking the people that ran towards a bomb site, I've got nothing but respect for them; however, if I find it funny that someone wants to say "I heard the Boston Marathon was a blast!"
How is that funny though? It's like the LEAST clever thing you can say. There isn't an ounce of wit in it at all. It just shows how shit of a person you are for laughing at such a shit joke about a shit situation.

Oh cut it. Why don't you just ignore the guy that is obviously craving for attention? It seems to me that all you people are just looking for any excuse to jump at each other's throats, and doing so on the Internet is useless. One day, if said people do or say inappropriate things in person, they'll get what's coming. Calling people name on the Internet will just make you look like an angry I-think-I-know-all-and-everything-that-is-just-and-fair-I-do type of person.

This thread is so annoying.

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer

Deepest condolences to anybody affected by this.

BBS Signature
Ganon-Dorf
Ganon-Dorf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Melancholy

Allow me to reiterate what I said in the rest of that post; humor is subjective, ever laugh at a 9/11 joke? If you want to make judgments about my character and person based on an opinion I hold over humor then so be it, if I'm to be a "shit person" in your eyes because of it then I could care less. Thanks for your inquiry or lack thereof.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 10:37 AM Reply

At 4/16/13 10:35 AM, NEVR wrote: Deepest condolences to anybody affected by this.

NEVR forget

BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 10:37 AM Reply

yeah this is getting off topic though

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 10:40 AM Reply

At 4/16/13 10:35 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote:
Allow me to reiterate what I said in the rest of that post; humor is subjective, ever laugh at a 9/11 joke? If you want to make judgments about my character and person based on an opinion I hold over humor then so be it, if I'm to be a "shit person" in your eyes because of it then I could care less. Thanks for your inquiry or lack thereof.

The thing is, I doubt you would even say that in real life. It's easy to be "that guy" behind a computer screen, but in real life no one would even dare say that. Why? Because they are afraid of the consequences (as what my friend Etienne said up there,). Now you'll probably say something along the lines of, "But I would say that in real life! I bench 350 pounds I don't care!", but the reality of the situation is you wouldn't because you'd be afraid to get your glass jaw rocked.

Zachary
Zachary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 10:42 AM Reply

At 4/16/13 10:40 AM, Zachary wrote: but in real life no one would even dare say that.

And by "dare say that" I mean not in front of just your group of friends. Out in public is what I was getting at.

All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 10:48 AM Reply

At 4/16/13 09:04 AM, Chdonga wrote: And it looks like 4chan has fucked itself over again.

I was on /mu/ (the music forum) the other day and an anonymous user asked everyone's favorite band. One anonymous user responded "If anyone says Bon Jovi, I'm going to explode a building". Someone cleverly said Bon Jovi, and so the anon responded "15/4. Never forget."

This post was at 11 AM, about four hours before the explosion.

Oh boy 4chan making vague threats at the wrong time, like that's never happened before. That aside it's deplorable what happened in Boston yesterday because some fucking whackjob decide he needed to make a goddamn name for himself more than likely, if we find that fucker and he's proven guilty in a court of law, i hope he get's the firing squad.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 11:36 AM Reply

At 4/16/13 10:40 AM, Zachary wrote: The thing is, I doubt you would even say that in real life. It's easy to be "that guy" behind a computer screen, but in real life no one would even dare say that.

Of course they wouldn't, the beauty of the Internet is that it provides a cover of anonymity for us to crack jokes that would be considered in bad taste anywhere else. Because of that anonymity in most places on the net, you're allowed and even encouraged to make sick jokes off of other people's misfortunes, hell, the Bastards section on NG does just that to an extent.

Is the jokes in poor taste?, maybe so, but this is the Internet and shit like this is everywhere.

Why? Because they are afraid of the consequences (as what my friend Etienne said up there,). Now you'll probably say something along the lines of, "But I would say that in real life! I bench 350 pounds I don't care!", but the reality of the situation is you wouldn't because you'd be afraid to get your glass jaw rocked.

Once again, no one with half a brain would say such a thing without getting rocked for a good reason, especially given the timing. Even without the protection of the Internet, there are still people who get a kick out of dark themed humor, and to them, they always try to find the joy out of a disaster like this, as some sort of schadenfreude or sadism if you will. Not to mention with Freedom of Speech, no one has the right to stop them from saying what they want to say, just as you have the same right to disagree with the same vitriol as the person who made the joke.

Freedom of Speech isn't a one-way street.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Ganon-Dorf
Ganon-Dorf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Melancholy
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 11:58 AM Reply

At 4/16/13 11:36 AM, orangebomb wrote:
At 4/16/13 10:40 AM, Zachary wrote: stuff
orangebomb wrote more stuff

I want to make it clear that I don't harbor any ill will toward anyone for holding a different opinion than I do, Zachary disagrees with me and that is fine.

That being said, I don't really see the need to post in this topic anymore, as my detractors don't seem interested in discussing anything of substance, and would rather make accusations about my person.

BBS Signature
KyyninenPeikko
KyyninenPeikko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 12:58 PM Reply

Bigger bomb is going to go off at London marathon.

Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 01:15 PM Reply

At 4/16/13 12:58 PM, KyyninenPeikko wrote: Bigger bomb is going to go off at London marathon.

Remember all the conspiracies that the 2012 Olymypics was going to get blown up ? It had to do something with the Illuminati game and Big Ben

Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 01:33 PM Reply

I just want to say one thing about the Saudi national who was taken for questioning yesterday. As easy as it is for some to assume he was involved it's just as easy to assume he was brought in by some meathead yelling "Muslim!" and tackling him. Let's not be reactionary assholes whichever direction we lean in.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
Baby-Bottle-Bob
Baby-Bottle-Bob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 01:49 PM Reply

this is why you dont eat beef burrito's before afternoon stretching

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon Apr. 16th, 2013 @ 02:00 PM Reply

Oh look... Someone bombed the americans again...
Woo...

I feel the instant need to make my government say its illegal to make bombs and... Gun control is failing... And we should go off to war again... And this was the north Korean's or the some other terrorist group bent on causing havoc...

Its not like the rest of the world thinks that its just the americans bombing them selves to cause fear that drives the American people now... No that would be heartless of me... Tox... You should feel sorry for these people... These athletes died.. And a kid to!

Up yours america. Bother me when you want to declare WW3 and us canadians will do what we always have... Sit back and "lean up the freaking global mess after everyone that wants to fight dies and the survivors need assistance

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature