Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-15 22:46:49 Reply

Only two people died.

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-15 22:57:29 Reply

At 4/15/13 10:46 PM, KyyninenPeikko wrote: Only two people died.

You have a funny way of spelling three.

Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
Th-e
Th-e
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-15 23:06:20 Reply

At 4/15/13 10:57 PM, 4761 wrote:

No, he just didn't read the updates.

And you might have a funny way of spelling four. Or five, six, seven...there are still others in critical condition.

And now I am hearing that there is no suspect in custody, indicating that the bomber may still be on the loose.
And the New York Post, which said there was a Saudi national held as a suspect in the killing of 12 people, lost credibility.

Feel no mercy for me. It will only cause you to suffer as well.

StrapOnFetus
StrapOnFetus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-15 23:15:59 Reply

At 4/15/13 11:07 PM, Trillionaire wrote:
At 4/15/13 08:06 PM, SwankyVagrant wrote:
At 4/15/13 08:05 PM, Cootie wrote: Fucking fuck.
looks like a zombie
id be crying my eyes out
The man in the cowboy hat is pinching his artery which is hanging out of his remaining leg. He's lost a lot of blood and is currently at Beth Israel Hospital in critical condition.

Your right^

At 4/15/13 10:57 PM, 4761 wrote: At 4/15/13 10:46 PM, KyyninenPeikko wrote:

Only two people died.
No, he just didn't read the updates.

And you might have a funny way of spelling four. Or five, six, seven...there are still others in critical condition.

And now I am hearing that there is no suspect in custody, indicating that the bomber may still be on the loose.

^ Do not forget the number 8, of which is the age a child died because of the blast.

Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-15 23:18:29 Reply

Three people are confirmed dead, btw. Not two.

reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-15 23:34:26 Reply

At 4/15/13 11:07 PM, Trillionaire wrote: The man in the cowboy hat is pinching his artery which is hanging out of his remaining leg. He's lost a lot of blood and is currently at Beth Israel Hospital in critical condition.

The man in the cowboy hat is Carlos Arredondo whom has a pretty interesting past as a peace activist after his son was killed in the Iraq War. I do hope the guy he saved does survive and if he does then it would be for Arredondo's selfless actions.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-15 23:42:09 Reply

At 4/15/13 05:31 PM, JmdMagic wrote: Wow, I wish I hadn't missed the marathon. From what I here, it was a blast!

I'm going to hell.

Don't be a fucking asswipe. Swear to God I am sick of hearing a fucking shitty joke about an awful event with the excuse that "This is the internet so people don't care." Yeah well then they should shut their fucking traps and learn some respect and a bit of sensitivity. I'd bet you dollars to donuts you wouldn't say that IRL would ya cunt muffin? Same goes for the rest of the assholes that make shit remarks for awful events. You know why? Because you'd get your ass laid out, that's fucking why.

And in part its the fault of the community for not meeting their jokes with harsh criticism to discourage such behavior, just a timid "oh well it's the interweb, whatchagonnado?" You may say "that's what they want" Yeah, for one person to get mad so they can pull a "umadbro??" card and act like they're so edgy and cool but I'd bet you once more if one other person said "hey, yeah, that's really fucked up man, stop that shit." They'd shut right the fuck up and start getting defensive because they don't really want to get hated on by more than one person. Why? Cuz then they start to feel like they're unwanted and all they want is some attention because mommy didn't hug em enough or some shit, but if that attention turns to scolding, they back off. Works like a charm. So speak the fuck up, if you know its offensive, and I know its offensive, then don't be afraid to get offended, say "Hey, that's in really poor taste dick munch, take that shit elsewhere." or a politer version if you wish, but don't just sit their with a timid "ah well". Right now, I'm really quite pissed, so I'm getting in JMD's fucking face, and calling his ass out on his shit joke. So hey JMD, have more respect you ass munch, that kinda shit doesn't fly with me. My word may not mean much, but you look like a real shit head right now, just thought you should know.

I'm slightly less mad at the world now, in case you're wondering what this post was really all about.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-15 23:43:08 Reply

Three, and there's no such thing as "only" any amount of deaths when it comes to senseless acts of violence like this. Especially when one of those deaths is a goddamn child. And there are many more people who are injured and still in critical condition.

Now fuck off, troll.

At 4/15/13 11:06 PM, Th-e wrote: And the New York Post, which said there was a Saudi national held as a suspect in the killing of 12 people, lost credibility.

Good thing they didn't have any to begin with.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: If... (Anderson, 1968, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-15 23:43:11 Reply

At 4/15/13 08:12 PM, YomToxic wrote:
At 4/15/13 08:09 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 4/15/13 08:00 PM, YomToxic wrote: So, why are christfags and fundies celebrating?
Link?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Mx5qbgeNo&feature=player_em bedded

Some comments down there about a load, gay people, rebels, and shit.

You do realize that's YouTube and the comments sections generally breeds idiots who knew that as long they're behind the screen, they can spew out crap right?

If they are real, I wouldn't be surprised if it's those WBC Youth members since they are generally unhinged.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-15 23:44:40 Reply

At 4/15/13 11:43 PM, Dr-Worm wrote:

Good thing they didn't have any to begin with.

I mostly read them for the sports section and Sean Delonas' troll cartoons. Remember they made a tribute editorial for Pinochet for crying out loud, tells you something.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-15 23:49:13 Reply

At 4/15/13 11:44 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: I mostly read them for the sports section and Sean Delonas' troll cartoons. Remember they made a tribute editorial for Pinochet for crying out loud, tells you something.

Yeah, that's why my family still gets the Post, too. Plus the headlines are usually entertaining in their own perverse way.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: If... (Anderson, 1968, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-15 23:57:51 Reply

At 4/15/13 11:49 PM, Dr-Worm wrote:
At 4/15/13 11:44 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: I mostly read them for the sports section and Sean Delonas' troll cartoons. Remember they made a tribute editorial for Pinochet for crying out loud, tells you something.
Yeah, that's why my family still gets the Post, too. Plus the headlines are usually entertaining in their own perverse way.

I remember back in 2003 when one of the top ranking member of a mafia was killed because he's a homosexual, the Post made a headline called, "Fairy Godfather!"

It became funnier when it caught flak on the opinion section. One of the funniest headlines I have read and the reactions is just priceless!

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 00:07:01 Reply

Ahem, as for the actual bombing, I think the most likely is that it's a domestic group with relatively low amounts of explosives. If the best they can do is a shrapnel bomb despite the low security than I'd say they don't have much else up their sleeves, all we can do now is wait for a claim. On the other hand, this could simply be a case of a psychopath with minor bomb making skills that just wanted to see blood, but it seems too well planned for that. And if we take the Dark Knight route we could also think of the bomber as an anarchist that "Just wants to watch the world burn." and would make an elaborate bombing scheme to prove that the American public is very vulnerable indeed.

That guy whose leg got blown off, phew, that's a man with balls, I woulda passed out from the intense pain, and the cowboy that helped him is one of the good ones. God I hope that man makes it.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 00:10:15 Reply

At 4/16/13 12:07 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote:
That guy whose leg got blown off, phew, that's a man with balls, I woulda passed out from the intense pain, and the cowboy that helped him is one of the good ones. God I hope that man makes it.

I've had minor injuries and lost a bit of blood and meat, but god fucking damn seeing that... I couldn't look away or cringe, either. That fucking guy.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 00:59:04 Reply

Pretty fucced up, hope everyone recovers emotionally and physically; justice will be served

Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
Ganon-Dorf
Ganon-Dorf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 01:00:16 Reply

At 4/15/13 11:42 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote:
At 4/15/13 05:31 PM, JmdMagic wrote: Wow, I wish I hadn't missed the marathon. From what I here, it was a blast!

I'm going to hell.
Don't be a fucking asswipe. Swear to God I am sick of hearing a fucking shitty joke about an awful event with the excuse that "This is the internet so people don't care."

Who cares if people make jokes about this shit, guess what, it's protected speech. Cry all you want about being offended and bad taste, humor is humor, and I for one don't care for those that wish to impose limits on peoples rights to say as they wish.

BBS Signature
Th-e
Th-e
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 01:00:24 Reply

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/national-international/NATL-C T-COPY-Boston-Marathon-Honored-Sandy-Hook-Victims-203108301.
html

http://www.ryot.org/the-final-mile-of-the-boston-marathon-wa s-dedicated-to-newtown-shooting-victims/134990#.UWzZd8pabN4

I found out that the Boston Marathon was paying tribute to the victims of the Sandy Hook Massacre.

The course was 26.2 miles long, and Mile 26 was dedicated with a special banner.

Also, A group of Newtown families were reported to be seated in the VIP section near the finish line. This was very close to where the bombs went off.

Apparently to those responsible for the attack, the Newton families who lost their children at Sandy Hook DIDN'T SUFFER ENOUGH.

Feel no mercy for me. It will only cause you to suffer as well.

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 01:05:24 Reply

At 4/16/13 01:00 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote:

Who cares if people make jokes about this shit, guess what, it's protected speech. Cry all you want about being offended and bad taste, humor is humor, and I for one don't care for those that wish to impose limits on peoples rights to say as they wish.

I agree.

All these little moderator fanboys need to quit telling everybody what to say and think.

Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 01:12:16 Reply

At 4/16/13 01:00 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: Who cares if people make jokes about this shit, guess what, it's protected speech.

Freedom of speech also includes the right to point out what terrible people you are for making jokes like that.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 01:20:34 Reply

At 4/16/13 01:05 AM, Darthdenim wrote:
At 4/16/13 01:00 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote:

I agree.

All these little moderator fanboys need to quit telling everybody what to say and think.

On the bright side at least we don't get banned for the jokes like some shit sites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

ArcaneSoul
ArcaneSoul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 01:24:01 Reply

At 4/16/13 01:00 AM, Th-e wrote:

I found out that the Boston Marathon was paying tribute to the victims of the Sandy Hook Massacre.

The course was 26.2 miles long, and Mile 26 was dedicated with a special banner.

Also, A group of Newtown families were reported to be seated in the VIP section near the finish line. This was very close to where the bombs went off.

Apparently to those responsible for the attack, the Newton families who lost their children at Sandy Hook DIDN'T SUFFER ENOUGH.

I wouldn't go to conclusions as you never know. It might really be some other extremist group who did it just for the sake of watching people get hurt.

However i do strongely believe that the bombing were related to the families considering the location of the blast and the significance of the event. If this is the case, then this must of been some dumbass gun nut who's angry about his gun bans and wants to take out all of his anger on people that were involved with sandy hook.

I hate life so fucking much because of this. No place is safe from violence.

Make music with ALL the genres!

BBS Signature
Ganon-Dorf
Ganon-Dorf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 01:36:31 Reply

At 4/16/13 01:12 AM, Ryanson wrote:
At 4/16/13 01:00 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: Who cares if people make jokes about this shit, guess what, it's protected speech.
Freedom of speech also includes the right to point out what terrible people you are for making jokes like that.

That's fine, EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion.

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 02:11:06 Reply

Regarding this, I see a lot of people on the web commenting about "losing faith in humanity" and that is disappointing to me.

The person or persons who unleashed the catastrophe in Boston earlier today do not represent Humanity. They belong to the human race, insofar as they are a member of our species. But they are not "humanity". They represent a short circuit. A defect. Something gone catastrophically wrong with the mind and soul of a Homo Sapien. So don't look to them to base your hope in humanity in. They are a small, defective minority.

Instead, look at the people who heard and saw and felt a tremendous, deadly explosion and ran toward it. Look at the people who disobeyed every instinctive scream of their bodies to run away from danger and death, and instead ran toward it. I think THAT is what humanity is. Wading through danger and blood and death, even at incredible potential cost to yourself, only to help a perfect stranger.

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 03:48:09 Reply

At 4/16/13 02:11 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Some pretty deep stuff

Couldn't have said it any better myself. THANK YOU.
I agreed with that shit so much I screen-cap'd it for future purposes even.

Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 04:11:39 Reply

He's not saying you don't have the legal right to make these kinds of jokes, he's saying that it's ethically wrong, inconsiderate, insensitive, myopic, selfish and juvenile, which it is.

And this is a private website, there is no "protected speech."

Cry all you want about being offended and bad taste, humor is humor

No, it's only humor when it's funny. Cracking a lazy, intentionally bad pun about a violent tragedy mere hours after it occurs isn't humor, and it certainly isn't funny. It's just a crass, pathetic attempt to appear aloof and edgy and get attention.

and I for one don't care for those that wish to impose limits on peoples rights to say as they wish.

Don't be an ass. We're talking about empathy, compassion and basic human decency, not censorship.

At 4/16/13 02:11 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Instead, look at the people who heard and saw and felt a tremendous, deadly explosion and ran toward it. Look at the people who disobeyed every instinctive scream of their bodies to run away from danger and death, and instead ran toward it. I think THAT is what humanity is. Wading through danger and blood and death, even at incredible potential cost to yourself, only to help a perfect stranger.

Well said. I feel a teensy bit better now.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 06:38:56 Reply

My assumption is that this is domestic terrorism. A group though, not lone wolf terrorism or whatever they call that. This is much to low-scale for an outsider foreign attack. Mainly I want to know who would do this and what exactly there motivation is. Boston Police found some suspicious baggage but so far that's the only thing they have to go off of.

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 07:56:02 Reply

At 4/16/13 06:38 AM, tyler2513 wrote: My assumption is that this is domestic terrorism.

According to the Boston Globe, early reports seem to suggest that you're right.

Even so, while I totally understand wanting to know who did this and why, it's still much too early to tell anything for sure and we should probably hold off on speculating. We wouldn't want to stoop to the level of those schmucks at the Post.

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 08:14:22 Reply

Their system of narrowing down suspects is just ridiculous.

An explosion happens and suddenly, it must be the Saudis. So every Saudi national in town is suddenly a suspect, despite them having no evidence of such.

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Game Developer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 09:04:37 Reply

And it looks like 4chan has fucked itself over again.

I was on /mu/ (the music forum) the other day and an anonymous user asked everyone's favorite band. One anonymous user responded "If anyone says Bon Jovi, I'm going to explode a building". Someone cleverly said Bon Jovi, and so the anon responded "15/4. Never forget."

This post was at 11 AM, about four hours before the explosion.

Explosions in Boston Marathon

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-16 09:10:54 Reply

At 4/16/13 08:14 AM, T3XT wrote: An explosion happens and suddenly, it must be the Saudis. So every Saudi national in town is suddenly a suspect, despite them having no evidence of such.

This is the kind of "news" you get when you read a Murdoch-owned paper.

They still haven't issued a retraction. Un-fucking-believable.

BBS Signature