New Topic Respond to this Topic
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 12:37:50 Reply

At 4/17/13 12:02 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: Although this is a horrible event, and I hope whoever did this is brought to justice, I hate how everyone is already blaming muslums, conjecturing about some vast conspiricy, and even relating this to 9/11.

I really hope the bomber is not Arabic or Muslim, the US is already too paranoid.

I'd rather just have Muslims stop bombing people.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 14:03:14 Reply

At 4/17/13 01:16 PM, Trillionaire wrote: Investigators have ID'd a suspect.

Might be this guy:

Why would that much of the backpack survive if it was taking off limbs?

GACBassPlayer
GACBassPlayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 14:10:37 Reply

CNN and others report government source indicates an arrest has been made. Some publications are saying this is untrue.

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 14:11:33 Reply

At 4/17/13 02:03 PM, Ceratisa wrote:

Might be this guy:

They found the terrorists's passports at the base of WTC after the planes hit it.

If a passport can survive a plane crashing inside a building, burning, exploding, why wouldn't a backpack! lolololol

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 14:24:18 Reply

At 4/17/13 02:03 PM, Ceratisa wrote:

Might be this guy:

That type of bomb tears things apart more than vaporizes things. So things were just torn apart, not disintegrated.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
Lageira
Lageira
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 15:08:05 Reply

Because bombings always happen in afghanistan, that's like saying rain in england should be a bigger deal than a bombing in boston.

Seriously? Are you saying an American life is more valuable?

I know for a fact that right after the explosions in Boston, an arab man running for his life was tackled by someone thinking he was a terrorist because he looked "moslim"..

40 years later people will look at how the western society acts towards arabs as we look now to racism against blacks for example. It's shameful and should be punished more severly.

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 15:10:16 Reply

At 4/17/13 06:51 AM, Zachary wrote: Also, the Boston marathon isn't just an American event. There are people from all over the world that go to run in the marathon.

I'm fairly sure coverage would be exactly the same, even if it was 100% Americans.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 15:18:59 Reply

At 4/17/13 03:08 PM, Lageira wrote:

40 years later people will look at how the western society acts towards arabs as we look now to racism against blacks for example. It's shameful and should be punished more severly.

Except most of the modern time terrorist acts were committed by muslims which doesn't help. It goes to how that things aren't black and white, just several shades of gray and that's where the mess happens.

Even in 100 years from now, things would still stay the same.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 15:20:43 Reply

A suspect has been taken after the FBI surveyed a video or something. I heard earlier today they were interrogating some Saudi man because he smelled like gunpowder although I think these two stories are unrelated.

It doesn't matter whether the perpetrator does turn out to be an American really, because the conspiracies about "NORTH KORA SENDENG DA SPIES" will flood the Intranet soon anyways. Since the beginning I thought it was domestic terrorism, as if it turns out to be a muslim distrust towards the religion will become even fiercer I fear.

BBS Signature
All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 15:21:27 Reply

At 4/17/13 03:08 PM, Lageira wrote:
Because bombings always happen in afghanistan, that's like saying rain in england should be a bigger deal than a bombing in boston.
Seriously? Are you saying an American life is more valuable?

No I'm saying that a bomb going off in Boston is more breaking news than one going off in Afghanistan. As much as it sucks a bomb going off in afghanistan is about as common as gang shootings in some major cities here and even the local news in those places only give a quick quip of information on those shootings.

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 15:21:52 Reply

At 4/17/13 03:18 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Even in 100 years from now, things would still stay the same.

You're funny.

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 15:22:53 Reply

At 4/17/13 03:20 PM, tyler2513 wrote:

It doesn't matter whether the perpetrator does turn out to be an American really, because the conspiracies about "NORTH KORA SENDENG DA SPIES" will flood the Intranet soon anyways. Since the beginning I thought it was domestic terrorism, as if it turns out to be a muslim distrust towards the religion will become even fiercer I fear.

I really don't understand this attitude.

We SHOULD distrust all religions. Most of all Islam.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 15:25:23 Reply

At 4/17/13 03:21 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
At 4/17/13 03:18 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Even in 100 years from now, things would still stay the same.
You're funny.

So you're saying that everything will be perfect then? I wish.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 15:31:16 Reply

Now the media is conflicting with itself, apparently now saying nobody is in custody. Shit.

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 15:56:09 Reply

What is it with sand people and racing, am I right?

jk I love arabs

Explosions in Boston Marathon

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 16:22:52 Reply

At 4/17/13 03:25 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 4/17/13 03:21 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
You're funny.
So you're saying that everything will be perfect then? I wish.

No, but there's no way of knowing how the world will be, or history will be viewed in 100 year.

And nothing will be perfect. For having studied contemporary history in college, I can easily compare what the Jewish and the African people have endured at the hands of the occidental people to what the North African and Middle-eastern people are suffering right now.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 16:23:41 Reply

So many people need to stop pointing fingers and using any event to fuel ignorant hatred. Instead they should pay attention to facts, and the quest to discover truths. Yes those effected are suffering, but we are social creatures, we are there to help each other through things. Not spout endless closed minded hatred which won't solve a thing and will only lead to more suffering.

The amount of racism shown via this tragedy is just pitiful.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 16:58:00 Reply

At 4/17/13 03:31 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Now the media is conflicting with itself, apparently now saying nobody is in custody. Shit.

The tv news here, and by here I mean Massachusetts, says that they're "close to identifieing a suspect" No arrests doesn't mean they aren't questioning someone. Or it could mean they're close to identifieing someone from video or photos. Like the more cautious people here are saying, we just do not know. They're looking not to repeat what happened with that Saudi gentleman.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 17:47:15 Reply

At 4/17/13 04:22 PM, FBIpolux wrote:

No, but there's no way of knowing how the world will be, or history will be viewed in 100 year.

People have been treating each other like crap for generations, what made you think this will change in 40 years?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 17:59:01 Reply

At 4/17/13 05:47 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:

People have been treating each other like crap for generations, what made you think this will change in 40 years?

Well people can progressively act less of a dick to each other

The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
Lageira
Lageira
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 18:00:32 Reply

Well, no slavery, women able to study and work, etc.

Things change alot with the course of time;
it's just a question of when society recognizes something as an issue and wants to change it

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 18:07:09 Reply

At 4/17/13 06:00 PM, Lageira wrote:

Well, no slavery, women able to study and work, etc.

Things change alot with the course of time;
it's just a question of when society recognizes something as an issue and wants to change it

Even then, low long did it took for these to happen? Not to mention some of these things still occurs in other parts of the world. It all depends whether people are willing to cooperate to make the change happen and you can't bet on this to happen so soon as each person has a different mindset.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 18:38:11 Reply

Did anyone in this topic get flamed yet for saying the entire thing was a government conspiracy?

Well, let me do so nonetheless.

It was a conspiracy.

BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 18:43:00 Reply

At 4/17/13 06:38 PM, Piemix wrote: Did anyone in this topic get flamed yet for saying the entire thing was a government conspiracy?

Well, let me do so nonetheless.

It was a conspiracy.

are you saying its a conspiracy or what?

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 19:19:40 Reply

At 4/17/13 04:35 AM, Ryanson wrote: So I found a website that worries and disturbs me involving the Chicago Run and I've alerted the FBI but shit man, if you're Chicago in May fucking stay safe or something. Better be a hoax or scare or something.

Possibly decoded.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 21:46:15 Reply

This is very sad, this Bombing has brought the worst out of some Americans. There's a good amount of Americans hoping it was a right-winger and others hoping it was a left-winger who did the attack.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 21:51:14 Reply

At 4/17/13 04:23 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: So many people need to stop pointing fingers and using any event to fuel ignorant hatred. Instead they should pay attention to facts, and the quest to discover truths. Yes those effected are suffering, but we are social creatures, we are there to help each other through things. Not spout endless closed minded hatred which won't solve a thing and will only lead to more suffering.

The amount of racism shown via this tragedy is just pitiful.

MSNBC and FOXNEWS are fueling the hate! I've watched parts of both channels and MSNBC keeps saying that a right winger most likely did it and early this morning I heard one of the news reporters for FOXNEWS claim a left winger probably did it. OMG, these two channels really need to be removed from the air! They do nothing but spew lots of hatred!

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 22:34:12 Reply

United States will still be viewed the same; as an egotistical imperialist country who stops at no limits to get what it wants. I can assure you this wont change in 40 or 100 years.

But I don't think we're even talking about the same thing.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 22:50:20 Reply

At 4/17/13 10:34 PM, FBIpolux wrote: United States will still be viewed the same; as an egotistical imperialist country who stops at no limits to get what it wants. I can assure you this wont change in 40 or 100 years.

But I don't think we're even talking about the same thing.

Yeah but who cares what those not Americans think

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Explosions in Boston Marathon 2013-04-17 22:56:55 Reply

At 4/16/13 01:00 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: Who cares if people make jokes about this shit, guess what, it's protected speech. Cry all you want about being offended and bad taste, humor is humor, and I for one don't care for those that wish to impose limits on peoples rights to say as they wish.

Protected Speech? What a crock of shit. I don't care if he has a right to say it, he also has the right to call my mother a filthy whore and claim that Texas is a piece of shit, that doesn't mean I wouldn't fucking knock his lights out for it. As an American, I feel an emotional loss for the bombing, and I feel pissed off that this bastard is still on the loose, and to have people just openly mocking the lost lives and insulting the gravity of the situation on top of all this pisses me off. So yeah, I'm fucking offended and don't give a damn about what his right to say anything is. I can't do anything to him because he can spew shit behind a screen all day, but I have lost any and all respect for this cunt and everyone like him. I don't know what's up with people like you who think its edgy to not care or to even make light of tragedy. I don't want to be edgy, I don't want to feel apathy and/or make light of tragedy. I give a damn, and don't care how uncool it is to do so. I am mad, bro. For a very good fucking reason, it's not an irrational anger, it's perfectly rational and even if it wasn't.

You ask who cares about who makes jokes about this "shit" (nice euphemism btw)? I do, a lot, and if you can't respect that or even feel a smidgen of sensitivity because you're just too fucking edgy and cool than I feel sorry for you pal.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature