• 15 Replies
Ryskie
Ryskie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Music that gives you the "feels" Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 08:07 AM

Now I know that we all (at least most of us) love the music that we can groove or rage out to, but what I'd like to know, and likewize share, is the music that mellows you right out and puts you into a good mood.

I'll start it off by suggesting this duo, who just recently started to become relatively known.

Bondax

The first time I heard "All Inside" is almost died. It was very chill, and when the beat kicked in on the big system I was listening to them on, it was one of those feel moments.

Music that gives you the "feels"

eatmeatleet
eatmeatleet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Music that gives you the "feels" Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 08:51 AM

Welcome to audio subforum. Please read the rules before embarrassing yourself

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Music that gives you the "feels" Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 08:59 AM

At 4/13/13 08:51 AM, eatmeatleet wrote: Welcome to audio subforum. Please read the rules before embarrassing yourself

like its just like so embarassing for him amiright ikr

Ryskie
Ryskie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Music that gives you the "feels" Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 09:21 AM

At 4/13/13 08:51 AM, eatmeatleet wrote: Welcome to audio subforum. Please read the rules before embarrassing yourself

*Member since 2005*

Where does it state that creating a topic about discussing the specifics about music (that is not your own) that generates emotion in a certain way?

By specifying that this is not about only posting music that you like, but rather discussing how and why it brings out emotion in the listener, this doesn't appear to go against any of the forum rules.

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Music that gives you the "feels" Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 10:21 AM

They're gonna tell you to post in the general forum or something...I think maybe you could post in the Lounge too? I don't remember!

BBS Signature
Ryskie
Ryskie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Music that gives you the "feels" Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 10:37 AM

At 4/13/13 10:21 AM, ZipZipper wrote: They're gonna tell you to post in the general forum or something...I think maybe you could post in the Lounge too? I don't remember!

Because it would be illogical to discuss the production, technique, and examples of emotional sounding music. lol

Is there anyone interested in actually discussing anything on the topic?

Proctra
Proctra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Music that gives you the "feels" Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 12:14 PM

Basically the whole Discovery album from Daft Punk overruns me with ultimate feels. It gets in deep chu kno. Other then that as Daft Punk gives feels no matter what; aged rock, or Serj Tankian gives me feels. There's a good message in his music I can really jive with.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Music that gives you the "feels" Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 12:16 PM

At 4/13/13 10:37 AM, Ryskie wrote:
At 4/13/13 10:21 AM, ZipZipper wrote: They're gonna tell you to post in the general forum or something...I think maybe you could post in the Lounge too? I don't remember!
Because it would be illogical to discuss the production, technique, and examples of emotional sounding music. lol

Is there anyone interested in actually discussing anything on the topic?

Welcome to Hell. Please follow the fucking rules and stop the butthurt whining. If you want to discuss what music you like, do it in the General.

Ryskie
Ryskie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Music that gives you the "feels" Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 12:27 PM

Mod delete this thread. Apparently positive discussion based on a specific aspect of music is against the rules around here.

Thanks in advanced

Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to Music that gives you the "feels" Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 01:14 PM

At 4/13/13 12:27 PM, Ryskie wrote: Mod delete this thread. Apparently positive discussion based on a specific aspect of music is against the rules around here.

Thanks in advanced

Music appreciation belongs to General. We discuss all things related to making music in here. And then there's the lounge for "generalesque" discussions.

Cheers.

Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Music that gives you the "feels" Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 01:16 PM

posts above are exactly why other communities laugh at newgrounds.

get over yourselves, dear god.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
Lachi
Lachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Music that gives you the "feels" Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 01:54 PM

At 4/13/13 01:16 PM, Chemich wrote: posts above are exactly why other communities laugh at newgrounds.

this.
also, i like sequential one.

SUCK MY KICK

eatmeatleet
eatmeatleet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Music that gives you the "feels" Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 02:18 PM

At 4/13/13 01:16 PM, Chemich wrote: posts above are exactly why other communities laugh at newgrounds.

Just trying to help out. These threads usually turn to advertising. Thanks for the feels though

Music that gives you the "feels"

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Music that gives you the "feels" Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 02:34 PM

At 4/13/13 02:18 PM, eatmeatleet wrote: the feels

That is delightful.

I don't think I could be a feels in this discussion either way because my feels come from music most everyone thinks is just clowny and can't be taken seriously in a feels way...

*HAIR FLIP*

BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Music that gives you the "feels" Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 03:02 PM

My contribution:

Praga Khan's - Pragmatic: I feel energetic even during the slower songs (or more repetitive.) Praga Khan just instills a weird magic about that album, could never explain it but it's always listen worthy.

Soilwork - The Living Infinite / The Panic Broadcast: It's like a treat to me, real clean metal with powerful lyrics and a great sound. Can't wait to see them live in May, the albums themselves are great for just playing vidya or just generally bored and needing something to do.

ohGr - SunnyPsyOp: It's amazing I could consider the album "nostalgic" or "classic," has it been that long since the release? The album itself is nearly in it's teens, but still it feels so futuristic and clear. All of Skinny Puppy's / ohGr's works normally give this feel, but the listening value of SunnyPsyOp never dies.

Circus of Dead Squirrels - Indoor Recess: Basically I feel like every time I listen to this album I delve deep into myself, the first listen was some sort of self discovery for me. Ripchord has a way with words, and this album proves he definitely knows how to do his job. Some people REALLY despise this type of music, but honestly I look for it. You can easily feel the direction he takes with every song; whether sarcastic, serious, hilarious, or some sort of mourning... it's always worth a listen to.

Mushroomhead - XX: An album truly noteworthy for all Mushroomhead fans alike, very few of us nowadays but still even non MRH lovers can respect this piece. I didn't really understand music until after I listened to this album, highly inspirational and the lyrics are memorable. Sometimes I catch myself singing a few lines from "Bwomp" every time I'm at the DMV... imagine someone singing the Charles Manson line at a government building... yeah you get looks. Though this album was more of a teen years thing for me, I still listen to it every once in awhile. Sometimes a lot, sometimes very often.

Maybe my descriptions aren't the most feelsy, but I like to think nostalgia can count as feels maybe?

Also the feels I get from the latest 5FDP album are the worst, it's like diving into a cauldron of depression and lies.

...not like I didn't know they weren't in it for the money from the start anyways.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to Music that gives you the "feels" Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 03:19 PM

At 4/13/13 12:27 PM, Ryskie wrote: Mod delete this thread. Apparently positive discussion based on a specific aspect of music is against the rules around here.

Some of you may well just be having a knee-jerk reaction.

It would have been nice if you guys provided proper links in order to help out a new user. So here they are.

- Newgrounds Audio Forum Rules

- Guidelines for submitting audio. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!

- A few things you should know about how we handle copyright infringements

- Here is a link to some Audio Resources.

- Non production discussions and sillyness welcome in The Audio Lounge.

- Audio Advertisements Thread

- Album Thread Guidelines

- Review Request Club Thread

- Works In Progress Advice Thread

- Collab Forum

- If you notice any audio content that breaks site rules, provide a link to it in the Audio Portal Cleanup Thread

These cover most of the bases. Hopefully they help give you a better idea of the audio forum.