LocoJoe
LocoJoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 01:25:48 Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW48MF2J2mc&feature=youtu.be

People always ask me why I hate the idea of getting married and having kids with said wife. I think explains it pretty damn well. Anyone else have the same sentiments or am I just paranoid from seeing shit like this?

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 01:28:38 Reply

I don't need to watch the video but I probably agree with it.

Marriage and having children are things I've never had any interest in doing. If other people want to get married and reproduce, that's their business. But I don't want to.

BenwaHakubi
BenwaHakubi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 01:29:24 Reply

Marriage is a trap. You sir have my total respect.

CresIsis
CresIsis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 01:32:34 Reply

At 4/12/13 01:28 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: I don't need to watch the video but I probably agree with it.

Marriage and having children are things I've never had any interest in doing. If other people want to get married and reproduce, that's their business. But I don't want to.

It is a pretty interesting video.

If I was that guy I would at that point no longer be married to her. Good thing he got all of that recorded though.

~Sweet memories of us I do recall~
~Dear angel please come back before I fall~

LocoJoe
LocoJoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 01:33:19 Reply

At 4/12/13 01:28 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: I don't need to watch the video but I probably agree with it.

The video isn't arguing that marriage is bad. It's a news report of a wife getting caught on tape threatening her husband that she wll call the the police and say she was beaten.

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 05:27:28 Reply

I'm not interested in having kids because I would probably be a bad parent. As for marriage it doesn't really matter because I can't even get a gf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Lageira
Lageira
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 06:02:07 Reply

I think you're just being paranoid, most 'decent' women wouldn't do what she did to her husband

BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 06:41:28 Reply

and then take all your money and leave you in a one bedroom apartment while they fuck some other guy in your house

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
Satan
Satan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 07:39:14 Reply

I'm not that interested in the whole lovey-dovey, let's get married and have kids thing, relationships are often not meant to last, and being married must be just like poorly super-glueing a broken piece of pottery together. I don't blame you in the slightest, OP.

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 07:41:37 Reply

The moral of this story is: keep a tape recorder with you at all times.

Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 08:17:38 Reply

At 4/12/13 01:25 AM, LocoJoe wrote: Anyone else have the same sentiments or am I just paranoid from seeing shit like this?

Well to be honest, it sounds like the latter if these kind of cases are primarily the reason you don't want to get married. Obviously, this doesn't normally happen in marriages.

Anyway, me and my girlfriend don't want to get married either. We're not religious, I don't really see any benefits of marriage and it's nothing more than just a ceremonial thing to me. I know there are a few legal benefits, but as far as I know you can arrange those through other means as well.

As for having children, I don't want those either. I don't like children all that much, I don't like the idea of being a father and I always had this impression that once I become a father then that's what I have to do for basically the rest of my life. It seems to me like I can do so much more with my life when I don't have kids.

I don't know how I'll think about marriage and kids in ten years from now though. I'm still a student, so I guess it's only natural that I don't want to get settled and everything yet.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Tediisan
Tediisan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 08:33:16 Reply

Things like this don't happen often in marriages, it's just the odd couple

I don't think this would happen to me (It's possible though) but I am not too fond of marriage anyway

Jeff-Teh-Great
Jeff-Teh-Great
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 08:38:40 Reply

You know, this can happen even if you're just dating someone. I read a news article once about a daughter who falsely accused her own father of rape and he got like 10 years so don't think stuff like that happens exclusively in marriages.

JadeTheAssassin
JadeTheAssassin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 16:53:49 Reply

Like Jeff said above me, it doesn't just happen between married couples. It happens with friends, family, strangers, coworkers, all kinds of people.

I'm not one to preach about people needing to get married--I chose to because I wanted to get married to my now-husband, but don't base all marriages on the fear that your spouse will lie to the cops about you beating her up.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}
A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 17:04:46 Reply

At 4/12/13 04:53 PM, JadeTheAssassin wrote: but don't base all marriages on the fear that your spouse will lie to the cops about you beating her up.

It isn't a good idea to marry someone if you can't trust them, or be in a relationship with them at all for that matter. If you fear your partner doing this type of thing then you will never really be comfortable with them.

I myself would like to get married one day when I settle down. It is so calming and nice to be with someone you can trust to live with in such a way, and tbh it is worth it. If your partner did end up being a prick and lying about such things at some point then yes it would feel terrible, but very few people are really like that. Find someone who suits you and who you can love and be loved by in return and everything will be fine.

The problem with many marriages is that they are done too soon, live with them for a few years to make sure you will be great together then feel free to marry imo.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
JadeTheAssassin
JadeTheAssassin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 17:11:43 Reply

At 4/12/13 05:04 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
It isn't a good idea to marry someone if you can't trust them, or be in a relationship with them at all for that matter. If you fear your partner doing this type of thing then you will never really be comfortable with them.

Exactly. I've known a lot of people who were perfectly fine not being married, but once it was legal, shit went downhill. Lots of trust issues and whatnot.

So don't get married (if you were wanting to do so) if you can't have basic trust in the people you love. Otherwise, you'll always have that doubt that they're going to cheat on you, beat on you, or any kinds of terrible things (even if they are a saint).

I myself would like to get married one day when I settle down. It is so calming and nice to be with someone you can trust to live with in such a way, and tbh it is worth it. If your partner did end up being a prick and lying about such things at some point then yes it would feel terrible, but very few people are really like that. Find someone who suits you and who you can love and be loved by in return and everything will be fine.

Exactly, and that's how I feel with my husband. :)

The problem with many marriages is that they are done too soon, live with them for a few years to make sure you will be great together then feel free to marry imo.

Or they shouldn't have gotten hitched at all, and kept it as common-law/partnership instead of the big "M" word.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}
A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature
Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 17:51:09 Reply

Cray and ugly. Why do guys put themselves in these types of marriages in the first place?

ZeldaFreak701
ZeldaFreak701
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-12 21:10:01 Reply

At 4/12/13 01:25 AM, LocoJoe wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW48MF2J2mc&feature=youtu.be

People always ask me why I hate the idea of getting married and having kids with said wife. I think explains it pretty damn well. Anyone else have the same sentiments or am I just paranoid from seeing shit like this?

Well this seems to be more on the fault of the woman rather than the marriage. Yeah, it can get pretty nasty but you don't really know people and what they're capable of until it's too late. That being said, marriage is not mandatory to have a happy life. If you don't want to get married and have kids, I'd suggest saddling up for an unfulfilled life because it seems like you don't want to share the rest of your life with anyone.

PSN ID: Zeldafreak701 | Gamertag: Zeldafreak701 | 3DS friend code: 0301-9780-8157
You shouldn't have done that....
Sig by BlueHippo <3

BBS Signature
Lageira
Lageira
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-13 05:53:13 Reply

At 4/12/13 09:12 PM, Travis wrote:
At 4/12/13 06:02 AM, Lageira wrote: I think you're just being paranoid, most 'decent' women wouldn't do what she did to her husband
I hope you realize that 7/10 women are fucked in the head in some way.

Like seriously... bitches are crazy. It's really difficult to find a good one.

Aren't we all fucked in the head in some way?

Tribal
Tribal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Programmer
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-13 06:01:52 Reply

Technically, it's very unlikely something like that will happen. It's all about being able to see past the favorable diluting you feel towards another person as the product of love and, as follows, being a rational (and often investigative) enough person to be able to know with whom you're getting into this.

Marriage is a big step, but if you know the person you're doing it with through and through (which in modern times where "marrying someone off to someone" is no longer a common practice in our Western society, should be all the less challenging to find out) before you get into it, (avoiding peer pressure for this would be ideal; it's a life-long commitment, but being nudged into it by others still happens) you should be fine.

Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!
Sig by Me.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Marriage not even once. 2013-04-13 11:33:31 Reply

At 4/13/13 05:53 AM, Lageira wrote: Aren't we all fucked in the head in some way?

Yeah but some people are more so than others.

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature