00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Christianity.

10,076 Views | 189 Replies

Response to Christianity. 2013-08-02 11:00:09

I'm a non-denominational Christian.

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to Christianity. 2013-08-02 11:09:06

I only impose I'm christian when some edgy atheist starts spewing his shit, so I have reason to get in discussion with him and crush him.

Response to Christianity. 2013-08-02 11:20:59

A thread about religion? Thats made it to page 7 without being closed?

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!?!?!

Response to Christianity. 2013-08-02 12:00:30

At 8/2/13 11:48 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: the religious society of friends aka quakers aka true doom murderheads . . . we're best buddies with jesus & you better believe it! oats & squats

--supergandhi64

Jesus oats, now only for $10
special offer @50% off use code JESUS

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-08-02 19:20:20

At 8/2/13 12:01 PM, VinnyXY wrote: I go to church every Sunday, but the truth is I don't think I'm a very strong and devout Christian. I'm not exactly sure if I can call myself a believer or even a non-believer. I guess the best way of putting it is that God's influence on me just wasn't very strong.

Ugh, I did not expect to be put into this thread again, now I look all but a fool with my avatar on, talking about God and stuff...

Anyhow, that's alright, and you're situation is alright. You know why? Because some messages taught aren't to make you bond with God, but for you to believe or another entirely different message, only derived towards a certain group and audience, that was me all but a few years ago, and the church just didn't have much to impact me on, and expected I was a devout believer just like everyone else in that church, but you'll surely one day read a piece of poetry from scripture and know more than you ever thought you could. I just thought of church as a whatever kind of thing, but then I went to a youth group on an alter call day sort of thing, which I didn't know about until middle of service. I'm not going to continue on about how much I was thankful I went and all, because you'll be up all night reading this, or not, but you know. Point is, maybe it's not time yet. Be patient, and you'll be blessed.

i love you

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-08-11 01:54:41

At 4/10/13 11:58 PM, CoolBerries wrote: Who here, on Newgrounds, can say with confidence that they are a Christian? And yes, being Catholic, Presbyterian or anything like that counts. I just want to see the responses that you may have.

The thing is though, that a lot of Christianity is not actually Christianity, it's paganism. for a start, some of the holiday's are based on ones earlier in an attempt to convert the pagans in Europe when Christianity wasn't that dominant of a religion.
Also getting kinda annoyed when people say "We should remember the REAL meaning of Christmas!"
Damn right we should!

Response to Christianity. 2013-08-11 02:05:28

Was christian but I worship the Norse Gods and a few other pantheons. I prefer Lucifer to god if I got to choose.

"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall."- Che Guevera

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-08-12 12:03:56

I believe that when we die we end up decomposing and being one with mother nature.

Thought you'd always be mine...

BBS Signature

Response to Christianity. 2013-08-12 15:59:43

I helped make a music video with a very spiritual dude recently. It was fun. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKR8hzSXEA0

I go to school to study how high frequency sound waves can heal, ...or KILL.

Response to Christianity. 2013-08-12 20:49:38

I grew up as a Christian in the same way that i grew up as an American, born into it. I remember sitting in bible school class when i was very young and listening to the teacher talk about how much God loves you and how wonderful Jesus is and how we are his children and he loves us. Then i heard about God/Jesus sending you to "Hell" if you dont accept him. That really threw me off and contradicted everything i was hearing about God/Jesus. I then became terrified of this place called Hell and I started to believe and accept all of what Christianity is about simply because i didnt want to go to hell! That fact alone just did not sit right with me.
I believe Jesus existed and that he did things that no other human had ever seen, and that he was loving, and that he was of a higher existence. But i dont think that his messages have been properly passed down and translated over time without political/social bias. His teachings went against the popular belief structures of his time, and was killed for it.

eventually as i got older i was exposed to other religions and i noticed alot of similar things in different religions. Even some of the fantasy-like stories that were in the bible were VERY similar to other stories in other religion's scriptures, among other things.

anyways what im getting to is that i think that alot of the more popular religions might be talking about the same "higher source/power".

to me life is completely meaningless. Its just there and it just is, which is beautiful, because we as humans give it meaning.

"A Moment in Time" available for Pre-Order! https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/859321?updated=1555882256