New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 03:50 PM Reply

Not Hackintosh Owners, because I'm not too sure a Perfect Hackintosh is exactly like a real Mac. I notice on Windows 7 that If I download a lot of stuff and leave it on my 500gig Windows 7 Harddrive that my computer takes much longer to boot up and also things seem to respond slower on Windows when ever I have too many programs installed such as Games, Software, and so on. Do Macs do this or no not at all?

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Love
Love
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 03:52 PM Reply

I never notice mine going slower than when i first bought it.

BBS Signature
thelastsamaritan
thelastsamaritan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 03:57 PM Reply

At 4/10/13 03:50 PM, TheKlown wrote: Not Hackintosh Owners, because I'm not too sure a Perfect Hackintosh is exactly like a real Mac. I notice on Windows 7 that If I download a lot of stuff and leave it on my 500gig Windows 7 Harddrive that my computer takes much longer to boot up and also things seem to respond slower on Windows when ever I have too many programs installed such as Games, Software, and so on. Do Macs do this or no not at all?

That's primary the reason I use Mac now. I was tired of my PC's going slow and crashing. Although the reason your PC is doing this could be something other than your problem you have listed, like have virus infections (which Mac's are immune).

I have tons of Software requiring high performance and 3d Games and still going strong. It hasn't slowed at all.

Inb4 haters and poor PC owners.
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 04:03 PM Reply

Windows doesn't get slower over time if it's maintained, but considering your condition I'd definitely recommend a Mac.

mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 04:06 PM Reply

nice to make a mac vs windows thread.

original I am.

BBS Signature
groundpwndr
groundpwndr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 04:11 PM Reply

Why not use one of the many "superior to MacOS & Windows" Linux operating systems?

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 4/10/13 03:57 PM, thelastsamaritan wrote: virus infections (which Mac's are immune).

This is a lie. Macs are not immune to viruses.

groundpwndr
groundpwndr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 04:48 PM Reply

At 4/10/13 04:37 PM, thelastsamaritan wrote:
At 4/10/13 04:11 PM, groundpwndr wrote: Why not use one of the many "superior to MacOS & Windows" Linux operating systems?
Mac and Linux are both based on Unix.

Yeah, so? That was over 20 years ago. Mac is BSD based and Linux is made of awesome. BSD is shit. Also, it doesn't make the fact that GNU + Linux is a far superior operating system to ScamOS & Wangblow$ null & void. :P

Windows is based on DOS.

At 4/10/13 04:31 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
At 4/10/13 03:57 PM, thelastsamaritan wrote: virus infections (which Mac's are immune).
This is a lie. Macs are not immune to viruses.
You're lying. All viruses are written for Window's OS making Mac immune. Until people write viruses for MacOS they are immune. So you take you nerd ass and get fucked faggot.

lol I think you need to explain your definition of a virus to everyone as to mitigate the confusion. I think everyone is a liar, so this shit flinging is pointless.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 04:54 PM Reply

At 4/10/13 04:11 PM, groundpwndr wrote: Why not use one of the many "superior to MacOS & Windows" Linux operating systems?

Lacks Software and Games. I also haven't gotten Windows 7 and Linux to co-exists with each other when ever I try to install Linux it ruins my Windows 7 OS by making an ugly boot menu. I've only gotten Windows 7 and PC-BSD to work together, and PC-BSD had an ugly browser with weird text so I got rid of it.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

groundpwndr
groundpwndr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 4/10/13 04:54 PM, TheKlown wrote:
Lacks Software and Games. I also haven't gotten Windows 7 and Linux to co-exists with each other when ever I try to install Linux it ruins my Windows 7 OS by making an ugly boot menu. I've only gotten Windows 7 and PC-BSD to work together, and PC-BSD had an ugly browser with weird text so I got rid of it.
Games

It is the strongest platform for gaming, thanks to OpenGL. Steam has a hundred great games and I am tired of posting the link to the Crysis on Max being played on GNU + Gentoo.

As for the dual booting; either use two HDDs or theme your Grub menu; you could also switch between the two HDD in the BIOS whenever you wish to change and not mess with a bootloader menu altogether. I do the former and place my bootloader on the GNU + LInux HDD, that way Wangblow$ is unaffected.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 05:12 PM Reply

Apple Products have always been inferior.

Elitistinen
Elitistinen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 07:39 PM Reply

At 4/10/13 04:54 PM, TheKlown wrote:

Pfft. I can play most games equally as I do on Windows. Or if I want to run Windows parallel with my powerful Arch, VMware is on the game. Wine, CrossOver and virtual machines shape my life easily around Windows.

Stop trolling, theKlown, and start learning.

Sig by Decimating

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 07:43 PM Reply

At 4/10/13 04:54 PM, TheKlown wrote: Lacks Software and Games.

I'll give you that one, emulation can only get you so far.

I also haven't gotten Windows 7 and Linux to co-exists with each other when ever I try to install Linux it ruins my Windows 7 OS by making an ugly boot menu.

Really? Who cares what your boot menu looks like? Mine's looked like shite for ages, I only look at it for a few seconds each day.

I've only gotten Windows 7 and PC-BSD to work together, and PC-BSD had an ugly browser with weird text so I got rid of it.

You couldn't install a new browser?

groundpwndr
groundpwndr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 07:51 PM Reply

At 4/10/13 07:43 PM, Entice wrote:
At 4/10/13 04:54 PM, TheKlown wrote: Lacks Software and Games.
I'll give you that one, emulation can only get you so far.

It has the same amount if not more software, but the ease of use is the issue here. There nothing Windows can do that GNU + Linux can not. It is simply a matter of how much effort one needs to put forth in order to accomplish the task. Windows wins in that respect, but loses mine.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 08:02 PM Reply

At 4/10/13 07:51 PM, groundpwndr wrote: It has the same amount if not more software, but the ease of use is the issue here. There nothing Windows can do that GNU + Linux can not. It is simply a matter of how much effort one needs to put forth in order to accomplish the task. Windows wins in that respect, but loses mine.

Emulation uses a lot of system resources which can be a deal killer for many new games if you don't have a high end computer. I'd rather duel boot.

groundpwndr
groundpwndr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 08:08 PM Reply

At 4/10/13 08:02 PM, Entice wrote:
At 4/10/13 07:51 PM, groundpwndr wrote: It has the same amount if not more software, but the ease of use is the issue here. There nothing Windows can do that GNU + Linux can not. It is simply a matter of how much effort one needs to put forth in order to accomplish the task. Windows wins in that respect, but loses mine.
Emulation uses a lot of system resources which can be a deal killer for many new games if you don't have a high end computer. I'd rather duel boot.

I do as well, and I have never used emulation for anything other than testing. Now-A-days, with systems being bought with a standard of 4GBs or more, it is no longer an issue. Quad/Dual core CPUs are in almost every computer sold and GPUs are extremely powerful.
Running two operating systems is no longer taxing. Games are definitely an entirely different matter. They are designed to utilize the most they can out of present day technology, so they leave very little room for other things while they play. The only game you really need on loonix is Sauerbraten.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 08:12 PM Reply

OS is irrelevent to your question

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 08:21 PM Reply

At 4/10/13 08:08 PM, groundpwndr wrote: Games are definitely an entirely different matter. They are designed to utilize the most they can out of present day technology, so they leave very little room for other things while they play.

Right, emulation can only take you so far.

groundpwndr
groundpwndr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 08:33 PM Reply

At 4/10/13 08:21 PM, Entice wrote:
At 4/10/13 08:08 PM, groundpwndr wrote: Games are definitely an entirely different matter. They are designed to utilize the most they can out of present day technology, so they leave very little room for other things while they play.
Right, emulation can only take you so far.

The thing is though, you don't need to use emulation in order to run games on GNU + Linux. The operating system is designed to utilize your hardware more efficiently. The problem arises when developers use those same technologies that are ``easy'', thus relegating them to only Windows machines. The hardware is the same. The hardware capabilities are the same. It is the games that are the problem. There are ways around the programs pitfalls though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6SBo0pKIA4
Think of WINE as the Steam launcher/installer counterpart for loonix.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 08:35 PM Reply

At 4/10/13 08:33 PM, groundpwndr wrote: The thing is though, you don't need to use emulation in order to run games on GNU + Linux. The operating system is designed to utilize your hardware more efficiently. The problem arises when developers use those same technologies that are ``easy'', thus relegating them to only Windows machines. The hardware is the same. The hardware capabilities are the same. It is the games that are the problem. There are ways around the programs pitfalls though.

I know that, but it doesn't look like developers are changing any time soon and Wine just isn't stable enough for my tastes. I'll be sticking to Windows for gaming for a while yet.

groundpwndr
groundpwndr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 08:42 PM Reply

At 4/10/13 08:35 PM, Entice wrote:
I know that, but it doesn't look like developers are changing any time soon and Wine just isn't stable enough for my tastes. I'll be sticking to Windows for gaming for a while yet.

I am not trying to make you change that which you have decided on. I was born on a pile of shit. :3
Wine is pretty stable, though. It is no more unstable that redistributables & dll hell. I use both wangblow$ and loonix. I recognize the superiority of loonix over wangblow$ and the need for wangblow$ when it comes to just wanting to have fun without having to spend some time to make it happen.

Cephrain
Cephrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 11th, 2013 @ 01:35 AM Reply

At 4/10/13 03:50 PM, TheKlown wrote:

Do Macs do this or no not at all?

I've never experienced this, so no.

When in Rome, leave.

BBS Signature
Dragen
Dragen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 11th, 2013 @ 01:44 AM Reply

At 4/10/13 03:57 PM, thelastsamaritan wrote: Although the reason your PC is doing this could be something other than your problem you have listed, like have virus infections (which Mac's are immune).

Sure, macs are completely safe and secure.

BBS Signature
Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Reader
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 11th, 2013 @ 01:45 AM Reply

My mom has an iMac that's almost two years old. It's kind of the family computer and none of them know how to take care of a computer, and it has been steadily slowing down this past year. I cleaned it up for them once and it helped a lot, but they managed to slow it down again pretty quick.

My laptop is a little over 3 years old and it runs just about as well as it always has. The only operating system I've ever had on it is Win7.

So basically I'm pretty sure that if you take proper care of your computer, it will continue to run well regardless of operating system.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
Luxury-Yacht
Luxury-Yacht
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Movie Buff
Response to Question to real Mac Owners Apr. 11th, 2013 @ 01:50 AM Reply

You should either dual boot, or make sure you're not using some stupid bloatware on your OS. My laptop ran ASUS bloatware, and after reformatting it ran much better on a clean Windows OS.

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i
oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature