New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Is Hardcore Pawn staged or do 2013-04-09 18:35:41 Reply

people in Detroit really act like wackjobs? Also, has any of these people ever heard of Ebay or Craigslist? I don't know how Pawnshops still even get this much business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkoxvqpsJGc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQi2Gf0QuGo

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Psycho666
Psycho666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Is Hardcore Pawn staged or do 2013-04-09 18:39:40 Reply

At 4/9/13 06:35 PM, TheKlown wrote: people in Detroit really act like wackjobs? Also, has any of these people ever heard of Ebay or Craigslist? I don't know how Pawnshops still even get this much business.

I don't know if it is similar, but with "Storage Wars", the annoying prick guy, dressed in black, (I want to say 'Dave'), tried to expose these 'shop shows' and he got shutdown hard.

His argument was that there was previous knowledge of what the contents of a locker might have to 'encourage' higher bidding and competition. If the other shows are anything like that, it is probably Grade B Shit painted to look like life.

BBS Signature
Havegum
Havegum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Is Hardcore Pawn staged or do 2013-04-09 18:44:06 Reply

It wouldn't surprise me if either of those haven't heard of craigslist, to be honest.

Also in shows like these, the producers and crew will always work to bring the most ridiculous people to spotlight, and the most drama to the scene.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Is Hardcore Pawn staged or do 2013-04-09 18:47:47 Reply

Just like in the news, reality shows and their cast can be edited to make any story possible.

Psycho666
Psycho666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Is Hardcore Pawn staged or do 2013-04-09 18:50:11 Reply

At 4/9/13 06:44 PM, Havegum wrote: It wouldn't surprise me if either of those haven't heard of craigslist, to be honest.

Also in shows like these, the producers and crew will always work to bring the most ridiculous people to spotlight, and the most drama to the scene.

The best tool that "fantasy-reality" show producers have is the element of the edit. In many cases, all of the scenes that you see as one, linear, coherent storyline are actually highly fragmented, incongruous, and sporadic outtakes, interactions, and coached situations. (Instead of a 'script', the play an emotion, or character trait.)

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Is Hardcore Pawn staged or do 2013-04-09 18:50:25 Reply

Also keep in mind that since people know there's a television show, they'll go there and act everything up to try to get on the show.

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Is Hardcore Pawn staged or do 2013-04-09 18:54:01 Reply

Do people eat beans?
Thats your answer.

original I am.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Is Hardcore Pawn staged or do 2013-04-09 18:54:59 Reply

yes because its Detroit and the place is a shithole.

been to the place did not like.
Psycho666
Psycho666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Is Hardcore Pawn staged or do 2013-04-09 18:57:44 Reply

Maybe the show is a backfired attempt to attract tourism and new blood to the "motor city".

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Is Hardcore Pawn staged or do 2013-04-09 19:05:17 Reply

At 4/9/13 06:57 PM, Psycho666 wrote: Maybe the show is a backfired attempt to attract tourism and new blood to the "motor city".

who would want to live in Detroit?

Psycho666
Psycho666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Is Hardcore Pawn staged or do 2013-04-09 19:22:30 Reply

At 4/9/13 07:05 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 4/9/13 06:57 PM, Psycho666 wrote: Maybe the show is a backfired attempt to attract tourism and new blood to the "motor city".
who would want to live in Detroit?

Exactly. They should have filmed in Florida and claimed it was Detroit.

BBS Signature
fuzzum111
fuzzum111
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Is Hardcore Pawn staged or do 2013-04-09 19:49:46 Reply

At 4/9/13 06:39 PM, Psycho666 wrote:
At 4/9/13 06:35 PM, TheKlown wrote: people in Detroit really act like wackjobs? Also, has any of these people ever heard of Ebay or Craigslist? I don't know how Pawnshops still even get this much business.

I don't know if it is similar, but with "Storage Wars", the annoying prick guy, dressed in black, (I want to say 'Dave'), tried to expose these 'shop shows' and he got shutdown hard.

His argument was that there was previous knowledge of what the contents of a locker might have to 'encourage' higher bidding and competition. If the other shows are anything like that, it is probably Grade B Shit painted to look like life.

There is no argument.

Almost all of these shows are staged.

Storage wars is a perfect example of a show that shouldn't exist in the first place, and is complete trash all in all.

All of the storage units are 100% staged. Every item in there is placed in there for the sake of the show. All of the "people" in the crowd where the bidding is, are actors. Otherwise they'd have to sign a release or there faces would be blurred. It's staged people. All the "people" that attempt to outbid our trio, are told when to, and how much to bid.

The huge problem with this show, is it gives some poor SOB's the idea that they can go to one of these storage auctions, and bid what little money they have left, and get lucky and make a shit ton of money off the contents in the bin.

Did you know, that the "pawn stars" is complete shit to? That pawn shop exists, in all actuality, but -none- of the characters you see on TV acutally work there. It's a complete farce. All of the people who "come on" trying to pawn or sell extremely rare, or highly valuable items, or well fake treasures, are actors. It's shit, compete shit.

All of these reality shows, pawn stars, hardcore pawn, storage wars, auction hunters etc. There complete shit, every single one of them. None of them are remotely real, all the "profits" and other shit they show is completely fake and gay. It's entertainment.

Maybe in hardcore pawns case, there just fucking dumb ass black folk trying to get by, acting like fools. There probably not actors, but they still act like baboons, not because there on TV, becuase there FUCKING DICK CANOE'S

My Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11
If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature
Psycho666
Psycho666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Is Hardcore Pawn staged or do 2013-04-09 20:07:02 Reply

At 4/9/13 07:49 PM, fuzzum111 wrote: All of these reality shows, pawn stars, hardcore pawn, storage wars, auction hunters etc. There complete shit, every single one of them. None of them are remotely real, all the "profits" and other shit they show is completely fake and gay. It's entertainment.

Hmmmm..... Pwn Stars, hardcore Pwn... Wait! Its a thought! .... .... Is it possible that this is the result of the death of the traditional freak show carnival routine?

Its a nation sized hustle to paint as many people stupid as they possibly can. Then, you have generations of easy marks to take advantage of! If you watch the shows, you think you know, and make stupid purchases!

Its a more intelligent method of putting red paint on a rich idiot's back while he looks for more "man eating chicken"s ... (it is actually a man, eating a chicken.)

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Is Hardcore Pawn staged or do 2013-04-09 20:10:27 Reply

I'm p sure it's staged

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Is Hardcore Pawn staged or do 2013-04-09 20:29:33 Reply

All reality tv is staged to some extent.

My mom works in Detroit, some of it looks nice, but lots of the neighborhoods look post-apocalyptic.

SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Reader
Response to Is Hardcore Pawn staged or do 2013-04-09 21:38:36 Reply

It is so obviously staged.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

BBS Signature