Respond to this Topic
Exeneva
Exeneva
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Mobile HTML5 Games Progress Report Apr. 20th, 2013 @ 06:25 AM Reply

At 4/17/13 11:13 AM, graffanim8r wrote: Has anyone found a solution or work around for the sound issues.

My sound isn't consistent across all platforms. On iPhone 4 it will play BG music but no SFX (i think i saw something about the sound being truncated). On Android both SFX and BG music work but lag quite a bit.

Safari is still implementing HTML5 audio support.

leonardozimbres
leonardozimbres
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Mobile HTML5 Games Progress Report Apr. 24th, 2013 @ 11:11 AM Reply

At 4/15/13 10:05 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/15/13 06:43 AM, tjardo wrote: Yeah, iPhones... Steve Jobs first kills further Flash development with his arrogance, then its so-called 'replacer' doesn't work on iPhones either.... What an embarrassment.
Steve Jobs never wanted people to play web games on their phones, he wanted them to buy them through Apple from the App store.

We should get Tom's comment a post in on some walls out there... it sucks to hear people talking how bad flash was and that it was a deserved death. Trust me, there are people telling me that flash is not good for animation! Damm you Steve!

JohnnyBooya
JohnnyBooya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Mobile HTML5 Games Progress Report Apr. 27th, 2013 @ 04:58 AM Reply

At 4/24/13 11:11 AM, leonardozimbres wrote: We should get Tom's comment a post in on some walls out there... it sucks to hear people talking how bad flash was and that it was a deserved death. Trust me, there are people telling me that flash is not good for animation! Damm you Steve!

Some of his points were valid, even if commercially motivated. Not all though.

PubicTears
PubicTears
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Mobile HTML5 Games Progress Report Apr. 28th, 2013 @ 09:43 AM Reply

Uploaded my game Mole's Holes

It should run fairly well on iPhone 5 and iPad 2-3.

PubicTears
PubicTears
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Mobile HTML5 Games Progress Report Apr. 28th, 2013 @ 11:14 AM Reply

It is worth mentioning that if you press the share button on a mobile device in Safari, you can press' "Add To Home Screen". This will create an App icon, so you can access the game when ever you want. The beauty of Construct2 is that when you first play it and load the game, you can play it offline too. So really you can use them like normal apps.

Another thing people should check out if they are interested I'm developing in HTML5 is this post by Ashley,
https://www.scirra.com/blog/110/the-near-future-of-the-web-p latform

tjardo
tjardo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Mobile HTML5 Games Progress Report Jun. 17th, 2013 @ 05:52 PM Reply

At 4/15/13 10:05 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/15/13 06:43 AM, tjardo wrote: Yeah, iPhones... Steve Jobs first kills further Flash development with his arrogance, then its so-called 'replacer' doesn't work on iPhones either.... What an embarrassment.
Steve Jobs never wanted people to play web games on their phones, he wanted them to buy them through Apple from the App store.

That may be partly true, but it's not what he said. On the Apple website there is -or was, at least- an article (or 'rant') by Steve Jobs on Flash and iPhones, and here he only rambled on about how Flash doesn't work properly on mobile devices. Quite the hypocrite, wasn't he?
Also, don't forget that Flash is more than just games ;)

don't submit crap flashes y'all

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Mobile HTML5 Games Progress Report Jun. 17th, 2013 @ 05:57 PM Reply

At 6/17/13 05:52 PM, tjardo wrote:
That may be partly true, but it's not what he said. On the Apple website there is -or was, at least- an article (or 'rant') by Steve Jobs on Flash and iPhones, and here he only rambled on about how Flash doesn't work properly on mobile devices. Quite the hypocrite, wasn't he?

Jobs also had a noted grudge against Adobe - when he returned to Apple he made a personal plea for them to start making Mac software again, but at the time they said no and he hated them ever since for it.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
tjardo
tjardo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Mobile HTML5 Games Progress Report Jun. 17th, 2013 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 6/17/13 05:57 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/17/13 05:52 PM, tjardo wrote:
Jobs also had a noted grudge against Adobe - when he returned to Apple he made a personal plea for them to start making Mac software again, but at the time they said no and he hated them ever since for it.

Interesting.. Very professional of Jobs (not). The worst thing however, is that he did have a lot of influence, despite his lack of reasoning. Maybe his grudge was the key reason for the popularity of html5, and the crowd saying it'll be the replacement of Flash.

don't submit crap flashes y'all