00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Show us your video games!

19,922 Views | 145 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-04-28 09:17:33

At 4/27/14 12:38 PM, Dean wrote:
At 4/27/14 11:16 AM, Auz wrote: I bought Conker's Bad Fur Day for €42 and Banjo-Tooie for about €30 if I remember correctly. I know that's quite a lot of money to spent on such old video games, but oh well. I still play them from time to time.
Just comes down to personal preference. I browse /r/gamecollecting and follow a lot of the youtube game collecting community and I see a lot of people make comments like "you overpaid for that game" to others and I always want to tell them they're wrong.

If I willingly spend money on a game, I haven't overpaid, I've paid a price I was willing to. That's not overpaying. I suppose it's just all relative. A lot of the people in these communities seem to buy games like they're trading cards. They're nothing more than trophies or display pieces to them. When I buy games I tend to relate the cost to the price of a new current gen release.

Yeah. The thing is also that it isn't exactly a market with fixed prices and a constant supply.

Sure, you may get lucky and find a game really cheap that someone just happens to be selling at the point in time when you were searching for it. But in my experience, most of the time you'll be happy if you can find something a few bucks below the average price. And then you still got to pray that they:
1) will send it to your location
2) don't charge extra for shipping costs

Age doesn't really matter when it comes to games. There are plenty older games that offer me a lot more than many of the current gen £40 games.

I agree that age doesn't matter at all for games. If a game was good 20 years ago, it's still good now. Good gameplay doesn't age, and neither does a good plot, a good soundtrack, etc.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-04-28 13:30:37

IT'S HERE!

Ever since I got into looking for video game consoles that I never grew up with, the SNES has always been at the top of my list and I finally have one. I never got a particularly good deal on it or anything, but seeing as I've been wanting a SNES for years and I saw this one bundled with two of the games I wanted most for the system, I decided to get it. Came with the original power supply, AV cables and controller. All in pretty nice shape too. The console and controller have yellowed slightly but all of the carts are all pretty much like new. Super Metroid has a slight rattle when you shake it but I think one of the screws just needs tightened.

Anyway yea, I finally have a SNES.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-05-13 13:11:41

Got a box of 50 super famicom (super nintendo) games on ebay.

Highlights include:
-Donkey Kong Country 2
-Dragon Quest I, II, II and VI
-F-Zero
-Final Fantasy V and VI
-Kirby Super Star, Kirby Golf
-Legend of the Mystical Ninja
-Romancing SaGa 1, 2, 3
-Seiken Densetsu 2 aka Secret of Mana
-Super Bomber Man 2 & 3
-Super Mario World
-Super Mario Kart
-Super Street Fighter II

And best of all, four different mahjong games.

Not a bad lot I'd say, came out to slightly over 1 euro per game.

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-05-13 13:31:42

At 4/28/14 01:30 PM, Dean wrote: IT'S HERE!

Ever since I got into looking for video game consoles that I never grew up with, the SNES has always been at the top of my list and I finally have one.

Congratulations on finally getting a SNES. One of the best consoles of all time.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-05-14 08:02:50

At 5/13/14 01:31 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Congratulations on finally getting a SNES. One of the best consoles of all time.

It has been getting the most use out of all my consoles since I got it. I've already beaten Super Metroid and I'm probably about half way through A Link to the Past.

The latest addition to my SNES games arrived today: Super Castlevania IV. That only really leaves me with another three games that I'm currently looking to get for the system, one of which I'm just waiting on arriving. Super Probotector (Contra 3) is the one I have coming and the other two I'm trying to get are Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore. There will probably be a few other games I end up wanting to get for the system but given how pricey most of the good SNES games are, I'm not in any hurry to get them. My SNES collection is probably going to be more quality over quantity. Not that I've ever really been someone who just buys a game for the sake of buying it but with my other consoles it's considerably cheaper to get most of the games I want.

Been playing some Super Castlevania this morning and really enjoying it. I never really considered myself as a fan of the Castlevania series. I've beaten Castlevania 64 in the past and I really like Symphony of the Night, but that's about my total experience with the series. Although thought the games would be a bit too difficult/repetitive for me, but so far Super Castlevania has been good at easing me in. Currently on stage 8.

BBS Signature

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-05-14 14:36:13

At 4/28/14 01:30 PM, Dean wrote: Anyway yea, I finally have a SNES.

Nice pick of games as well. Just a little heads up, it looks like your SNES is turning a bit yellow, I'm pretty sure there's a way to make it look like new, unless it's just my eyes playing up on me and it's fine.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-05-14 15:04:48

At 5/14/14 02:36 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 4/28/14 01:30 PM, Dean wrote: Anyway yea, I finally have a SNES.
Nice pick of games as well. Just a little heads up, it looks like your SNES is turning a bit yellow, I'm pretty sure there's a way to make it look like new, unless it's just my eyes playing up on me and it's fine.

The front panel with the Super Nintendo logo has yellowed a little but the rest of the console is fine. I don't think you can reverse the process of the yellowing though. From what I remember, it's basically chemicals in the plastic reacting with exposure to air over time. I don't think there's much you can do to stop it. Just seems like some batches of consoles yellow a lot less than others. Some SNES consoles are so yellow that they look nasty.

BBS Signature

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-05-14 15:21:34

At 5/14/14 03:04 PM, Dean wrote: The front panel with the Super Nintendo logo has yellowed a little but the rest of the console is fine. I don't think you can reverse the process of the yellowing though. From what I remember, it's basically chemicals in the plastic reacting with exposure to air over time. I don't think there's much you can do to stop it. Just seems like some batches of consoles yellow a lot less than others. Some SNES consoles are so yellow that they look nasty.

Well if you got time, you can remove the yellowing.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-05-14 15:44:00

At 5/14/14 03:04 PM, Dean wrote: I don't think there's much you can do to stop it.

You can fix it though if you can be arsed

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-05-17 23:53:18

At 5/17/14 10:57 PM, imaTouko-chan wrote: I find a copy of Super Metroid in minted condition. I purchased thr cartidge for $82.

That's quite a lot of money dude. You could have got a cart on ebay for around $40, half that if you went for a japanese copy. Boxed jap copies probably wouldn't even be that much.

If you're happy with your purchase that's fine, but if you plan to buy many retro games you should try to be aware of how much a game is going for or your $ wont go very far.

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-05-17 23:59:09

At 5/17/14 11:53 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 5/17/14 10:57 PM, imaTouko-chan wrote: I find a copy of Super Metroid in minted condition. I purchased thr cartidge for $82.
That's quite a lot of money dude. You could have got a cart on ebay for around $40, half that if you went for a japanese copy. Boxed jap copies probably wouldn't even be that much.

If you're happy with your purchase that's fine, but if you plan to buy many retro games you should try to be aware of how much a game is going for or your $ wont go very far.

Also, japanese (super famicom) copies are often significantly cheaper and they'll run perfectly on your ntsc snes so long as you remove the plastic two tabs in the cartridge slot, or have an adapter of some sort. In Metroid's case both roms are identical and include both english and japanese, but for many SNES games not being able to read the japanese text inst too important and it's an acceptable compromise for the difference in price.

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-05-23 18:12:39

At 5/22/14 07:20 PM, imaTouko-chan wrote: I meant MegaMan VII on the SuperNES. I made a mistake...

well this is on ebay right now...

Super Famicom copies are around $20 though. Other than X and 2 none of the Mega Man games sold particularly well and they're all sought after by a dedicated fanbase. If you want a specific one it'll probably cost you.

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-05-24 11:04:18

I've got quite a few box sets going on, if anyone wants to see any more then let us know :)

http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php ?r=1220612

^ a survey filling website that offers prizes in return for filling in surveys, look at the testimonies if you dont believe me

BBS Signature

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-05-25 17:07:00

At 5/25/14 04:09 PM, imaTouko-chan wrote: By any chance that game is good? I sure hope they still have it if I do get the game since it costs $25.

It's one of the 2 SNES games I'm currently looking for. That and Secret of Mana. Both are meant to be good action RPGs and $25 seems like a pretty good deal.

BBS Signature

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-05-28 01:27:51

At 5/25/14 10:09 PM, imaTouko-chan wrote: Paper Mario which ran great and was in excellent condition (had a custom game case with a black N64 controller and Console). I thought he'll bargain everything at a high price since I heard rumors that Paper Mario is quite rare nowadays..

You made a great video game find.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-06-04 02:32:35

[URL=http://www.siz.co.il/][IMG]http://up407.siz.co.il/up2/1uzajy13wyin.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://www.siz.co.il/][IMG]http://up407.siz.co.il/up3/n0jlzijzhmwz.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://www.siz.co.il/][IMG]http://up407.siz.co.il/up2/zymztmlztxom.png[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://www.siz.co.il/][IMG]http://up407.siz.co.il/up2/ozljdzjkmtxh.png[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://www.siz.co.il/][IMG]http://up407.siz.co.il/up1/zyio3wgq40zw.png[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://www.siz.co.il/][IMG]http://up407.siz.co.il/up1/d5mmioywilvn.png[/IMG][/URL]

Yep, This is me in the profile photo. ---- I am also known as "Yalden" ----

If you want to talk to me, this is my email:

yarden700@gmail.com

BBS Signature

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-07-03 08:36:12

Got me some new (well... old) games! Been in the mood for some 16-bit goodness recently and decided to have a go at a couple of franchises that I've heard of but never actually played. Both known for being challenging.

Battletoads [Mega Drive] - Seeing as I don't own an NES and the Mega Drive port of the original said to be more accessible, this seemed like a good way to try out the franchise. Only got this today and have played it for maybe half an hour or so and I already like it better than Battletoads in Battlemaniacs for the SNES. It's a challenging game but somehow it doesn't manage to frustrate me like a lot of other tough games do. The checkpoints feel close enough together that death doesn't mean having to spend 10 minutes catching up to where you were. Plus, I like how this game isn't just a single genre. It mixes in different styles of gameplay.

Ghouls 'N Ghosts [Mega Drive] - Another case of a game many people seem to consider as an accessible starting point to a difficult franchise. I haven't beaten this one yet but I did make it to the second last boss. Unlimited continues and frequent checkpoints stop this from being too much of a challenge. There are some stages that can be tricky to get past but if you just keep trying and trying, you'll eventually get there. Those flying turtle things early on in the game took me ages to get past the first time. But now that I have their pattern down it's not so bad. Also has some really cool box art.

Maximo [PS2] - I only got this because @Jackho was all "why you buying Ghouls 'N Ghosts and not Maximo" so I had a look on ebay and I could get it for £3 delivered. Again, haven't played much of this yet but I did the first couple levels and it's pretty good. Definitely worth £3. Apparently it gets really hard though and my only complaint so far is a complaint I have with just about all the PS2 and newer Capcom games I've played. Character movement feels off. Usually I find movement in Capcom games to be slow and sluggish but in this one it's sort of floaty. There's just something not quite right about it.

Battletoads in Battlemaniacs [SNES] - Seeing as I was getting the Mega Drive port of the original, I thought I'd try this one too. I haven't been able to beat the bike level yet, which isn't too far into the game. I always thought this was the game people liked most in the Battletoads franchise for some reason but after scouring the internet, seems like the original is the more loved and I can see why. Battlemaniacs isn't bad it just doesn't feel like it plays quite as well for some reason. Certainly feels more difficult too.

BBS Signature

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-07-04 13:24:57

I might have posted in another thread but idgaf, here's the most recent stuff I got. Jap copies of FFV, VII, IX, Tactics and Valkyrie Profile. FFVI also arrived but not worth taking another picture.

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-07-04 13:57:23

At 5/14/14 10:15 PM, imaTouko-chan wrote: I have never purchased any games for four months until I got the intention to save up money to buy one or a two later on.
Since I have a SNES, I might as well get some if I can find any.

That's a cool game. I hope you enjoy playing it. :D

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-07-05 08:10:29

At 7/4/14 01:24 PM, Jackho wrote: I might have posted in another thread but idgaf, here's the most recent stuff I got. Jap copies of FFV, VII, IX, Tactics and Valkyrie Profile. FFVI also arrived but not worth taking another picture.

I can never decide if I like those Jap covers for VII and IX more than the PAL versions or not. They're clean but at the same time a bit too empty. VII in particular looks a bit barren.

BBS Signature

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-07-09 08:22:47

Probably be the last couple of games I'll get for a while. Been wanting both of these for quite some time though:

Castlevania: The New Generation [Mega Drive] - Bloodlines to you Americans. Pretty good Castlevania game on the Mega Drive. It feels kind of old school in that you can't move after jumping, unlike Super Castlevania. It sort of reminded me of Dracula X Chronicles at first. What's also pretty cool is there there are two playable characters both with different gameplay styles. You have a traditional whip guy and another guy who has a spear/lance type thing. Each character has routes on each level that are only accessible to them. Spear guy can jump higher, for example, which opens up areas whip guy can't get to. Whip guy can swing from certain parts of the roof.

The game isn't set in Dracula's Castle either. You're all over the place and the levels are actually pretty cool. I only made it to stage 3 but it has "destructible environments" which was pretty cool. Having to smash the head off of a statue to bridge a gap. Of all my Mega Drive games, I'd probably say this one is my favourite so far.

Mega Man X [SNES] - Seems like everyone except me has played Mega Man X and it's a game I've always wanted to try. Emulated it briefly in the past because I never had a SNES back then but now I do so knew I'd be getting this eventually. Only recently got into Mega Man when I started playing 9. Still undecided if I like the feel of the classic series more than X. They're both good in their own ways I guess. They definitely feel different game play wise. X feels a bit more run n gun where as 9 feels like it has a lot of memorisation and enemy avoidance.

BBS Signature

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-08-06 13:29:26

At 8/6/14 08:08 AM, Voltage wrote: CHECK OUT MY FAT STACK BROTHER!

What are some of the highlights included in those fat stacks?

BBS Signature

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-08-06 17:10:00

At 8/6/14 03:46 PM, Jojo55 wrote: In general, NTSC > PAL.

I get told this a lot and it's pretty common for people to tell me to avoid getting PAL stuff where possible. I just prefer to stick with what was originally released in my area. I have no real technical reason for it, it's just a preference. I "collect" PAL games. I think my SNES collection is pretty much done now anyway:

Battletoads In Battlemaniacs
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Super Castlevania IV
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Probotector (Contra 3)

I'll always discover more games that I think I want, but those are essentially all the games I wanted a SNES for.

BBS Signature

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-08-09 19:04:04

I just picked this up for $5.

Is it any good? I love RPG and tend to grow my collection.

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-08-10 12:20:31

At 8/10/14 05:40 AM, Jojo55 wrote:
At 8/9/14 07:04 PM, imaTouko-chan wrote: I just picked this up for $5.

Is it any good? I love RPG and tend to grow my collection.
You got a good deal. Did you get it from a local games store or flea market?

A small local farm flea market, it sometimes get Video games up for sale which are super cheap!

They recently got Mega Man X3 for $60.99... $60.99! It would be awesome to grab this if I hadn't wasted any more money.

Response to Show us your video games! 2014-12-14 06:59:26

Genesis games:

Toe Jam and Earl
Street Fighter Championship Edition
Samurai Shodown
adventure of batman and robin
The Punisher
Contra Hard Corps
Castle of Illusion
Fatal Fury 2
True Lies (Genesis version has the chainsaw exclusive, while Snes version has better graphics and sound. Genesis for the win in my opinion!)
Two Crude Dudes
Shaq Fu(came with my console and yes I know its unplayable)
Casino game that came with my console that I don't play aka Caesers palace
Golden AXE
Golden AXE II
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage II
Strider
Shadow Dancer
Rambo III
Growl (Sucky game in my opinion)
Beavis and Butthead
Weaponlord
Batman the video game (good game until I get stuck after beating the first boss. I don't know what to do in the second level because i get stuck and can't move on)

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.