00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

444rgh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!!

6,141 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 02:16:17

anyone else getting the game? If you get it now before april 9th you can start playing it today. This is on Steam.

Let's hope they learned from their mistakes. I 100% support this game. Time to play this all summer!

...Also, a couple friends of mine and I are thinking of creating a forum for it.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 02:36:17

At 4/5/13 02:16 AM, Sequenced wrote: Let's hope they learned from their mistakes. I 100% support this game. Time to play this all summer!

What mistakes?

You know they haven't actually remade any of the textures or anything? It's just AoE II with higher resolution options available by default.

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 02:40:45

At 4/5/13 02:36 AM, Jolly wrote: You know they haven't actually remade any of the textures or anything? It's just AoE II with higher resolution options available by default.

That's all they needed to do Age of Empires II is already a perfect game.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 02:53:06

At 4/5/13 02:40 AM, malachi117 wrote:
At 4/5/13 02:36 AM, Jolly wrote: You know they haven't actually remade any of the textures or anything? It's just AoE II with higher resolution options available by default.

the "HD" part of the name is a bit misleading though.

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 05:22:24

At 4/5/13 02:53 AM, Jolly wrote: the "HD" part of the name is a bit misleading though.

How so? All it really means is that it can be played fluently on modern HD (widescreen) display devices.

Would you rather it be remade in the AOE 3 engine as well?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 09:24:36

play Empire Earth and you will regret wasting your time with Age of Empires, furthermore, you will see AOE as EE's retarded cousin

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 09:24:41

Very much this. The mistake they made was cutting off their online multiplayer support.

Also, they revamped it so that it can run on modern day systems.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 09:25:59

p.d: ( empire earth 1 )

Say no to rape.

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 10:12:37

At 4/5/13 09:24 AM, kakalxlax wrote:
play Empire Earth and you will regret wasting your time with Age of Empires, furthermore, you will see AOE as EE's retarded cousin

still prefer AoE after watching a couple gameplays. This is an AoE thread. Not trying to convince people that EE is "better".

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 10:53:23

I saw it on Steam and was wondering why it was so popular. The game looks kinda fun, though, but I don't think I'll get it.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 11:14:42

Empire Earth was just a race to the Tech age, that's no fun. One of AoEIII big mistakes was adding guns.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 11:42:46

we're the top sell on steam now sweeeeeeeeeet

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 12:03:05

i made a video for it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwqkcqFEta8

I know it's horrible quality MY B

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 14:03:10

At 4/5/13 01:38 PM, Crink wrote:
so uh, anyone played a multiplayer games yet, the latency good? the game should be available to preorder guys now

online is going to be laggy for a few days but the game will run fine.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 14:33:57

No. I prefer Age of Empires III or Age of Mythology. I care not that it's definition is higher.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 15:04:16

At 4/5/13 02:33 PM, satanbrain wrote: No. I prefer Age of Empires III or Age of Mythology. I care not that it's definition is higher.

they are both a simpler version than this..

in other news. online play is fine. not laggy atm.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 15:34:05

At 4/5/13 10:12 AM, Sequenced wrote:
still prefer AoE after watching a couple gameplays. This is an AoE thread. Not trying to convince people that EE is "better".

a gameplay wont tell you all, download the game (you can do it for free do to expired license (the company closed or was absorbed or whatever))

At 4/5/13 11:14 AM, malachi117 wrote:
Empire Earth was just a race to the Tech age, that's no fun. One of AoEIII big mistakes was adding guns.

there are 14 eras in EE1, (15 with the expansion i dont like to use), you can set the starting and ending ages (for example start in renaissance and end in WW2)

Say no to rape.

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 15:52:41

If you don't have AoE 2 already then it would be a good idea to get it. However if you already have it then you could just install Forgotten Empires since it will fix resolution and computer ai.

Btw, you can still play online with gameranger, voobly, tunngle or the nice little feature that already exists in-game known as direct connect.

If you already have it, don't buy it.

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 15:59:22

At 4/5/13 11:14 AM, malachi117 wrote: Empire Earth was just a race to the Tech age, that's no fun. One of AoEIII big mistakes was adding guns.

Age of Empires II also had guns. I think it was just the Byzantine empire though.

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 16:05:19

At 4/5/13 03:52 PM, Kytraal wrote: If you don't have AoE 2 already then it would be a good idea to get it. However if you already have it then you could just install Forgotten Empires since it will fix resolution and computer ai.

Btw, you can still play online with gameranger, voobly, tunngle

People will be using steam now..

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 16:08:37

At 4/5/13 04:05 PM, Sequenced wrote: People will be using steam now..

Yeah but direct connect is just as good

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-05 22:28:37

At 4/5/13 03:04 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 4/5/13 02:33 PM, satanbrain wrote: No. I prefer Age of Empires III or Age of Mythology. I care not that it's definition is higher.
they are both a simpler version than this..

Simpler? I rather say "better".

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-06 14:50:06

won my second 2v2 today. epic.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-07 20:55:20

At 4/7/13 06:08 PM, Crink wrote:

wtf man. and they even have the audacity to charge $18 for it.

this is the pre-release. the official release is on april 9th so yeah there are still bugs to be fixed. that's the whole reason why they made the pre release, to see if it runs smooth or not. That's why they have time to fix it.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-08 22:02:48

in other news: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaZ-KbphGIs

recorded an epic game the otherday.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-08 23:59:08

No new textures? With a bit of computer savviness you can get the old AOE2 to run at wide screen and HD, if that's all they added then I'm very disappointed and won't be buying it. With new textures and/or a revamped online mode I would buy it.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-10 15:30:21

I've preordered it and have played it now for several hours. It's great fun. This game will never die. Too bad ESO didn't really improve on the online hosting capabilities for multiplayer games. Regardless, well worth me having bought a 4-pack.

Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!

Sig by Me.

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-10 15:35:10

At 4/8/13 11:59 PM, MintPaw wrote: With new textures and/or a revamped online mode I would buy it.

They did "remake" the online-mode, it's a lot smoother now and runs through Steam. That alone should be quite worth it. I'm actually very glad they didn't "revamp" the textures or pretty much any graphical aspect of the game (other than the look of the water, which is now quite HD and animated, the fog borders and the look of the farms) because it would make AOE2 lose its natural charm and no longer be the AOE2 we all know and love.

Also, impressively, they've smoothened out the unit movement engine for online games. If that doesn't render you contented, then I hope the access to the Steam Workshop, the HD-ness, the windowed mode options and the multi-monitor accessibility will suffice. Give it a chance.

Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!

Sig by Me.

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-12 14:18:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IkITlTU07k

new gameplay vid is up guys.

keep playing and keep destroying those nooblies!

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-24 11:08:26

Played a lot of AOC online; mostly on the voobly client up until last year.

They actually had a solid expansion made for the game which was free to download and came out recently. Does anybody know if mods, maps etc for the old version can be incorporated into the HD version without too much hassle?

I made an entire RPG on a giant sized map with over 4k triggers and shit.. I'd love to finish it properly and upload it for the HD community but I cba redoing the entire freaking thing..

Also - youtube: ZeroEmpires. Great caster, lots of pro games to watch.

I don't think I'll actually play the HD version tho, too busy to pick up more videogames... gl hf to all of you either way :)