New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rumsworth
Rumsworth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-05 18:48:57 Reply

At 4/5/13 06:45 PM, KiwiSundae wrote: Alright, guys...I think I like this challenge. This will give me a chance to go all out with the grotesque, macabre and just downright disturbing. Mine is going to be so damn fucked up, you won't be able to see straight for weeks!

Lay it on us. I don't wanna see straight for months. Maybe years.

ArkKay
ArkKay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-05 20:49:34 Reply

I made a few changes. I felt that black lines added some depth to the stretched "lips" that was probably only visible to me because i was used to looking at it in 1600x magnification. Then I went and quickly whipped up a composition from some of the other stuff i'm working on.

Yeah, i'll probably have to animate this guy. First have his hands come up and grab the bridge, then his head pops up, then hands read around from behind his head and stretch the mouth. Its a lot, but honestly seeing what would amount to an animated Goatse in 16 bit (or rather imagining others seeing it when not expecting it) would be priceless and awesome. The only issue I have is whether the face pre-opening should be entirely featureless, or whether it should have a bit of a pucker on which the hands would grab onto to... oh well, i'll figure out which is better when I do it.

Silent Hill: Draw your demons!

Rumsworth
Rumsworth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-05 20:58:44 Reply

At 4/5/13 08:49 PM, ArkKay wrote: Yeah, i'll probably have to animate this guy. First have his hands come up and grab the bridge, then his head pops up, then hands read around from behind his head and stretch the mouth. Its a lot, but honestly seeing what would amount to an animated Goatse in 16 bit (or rather imagining others seeing it when not expecting it) would be priceless and awesome. The only issue I have is whether the face pre-opening should be entirely featureless, or whether it should have a bit of a pucker on which the hands would grab onto to... oh well, i'll figure out which is better when I do it.

First off, nice work. Love the additions. Secondly, having the face with the pucker will definitely scream "GOATSE ABOUT TO HAPPEN".

ArkKay
ArkKay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-05 21:13:26 Reply

At 4/5/13 08:58 PM, Rumsworth wrote: having the face with the pucker will definitely scream "GOATSE ABOUT TO HAPPEN".

good point

KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-05 22:20:51 Reply

At 4/5/13 06:48 PM, Rumsworth wrote:
At 4/5/13 06:45 PM, KiwiSundae wrote: Alright, guys...I think I like this challenge. This will give me a chance to go all out with the grotesque, macabre and just downright disturbing. Mine is going to be so damn fucked up, you won't be able to see straight for weeks!
Lay it on us. I don't wanna see straight for months. Maybe years.

OH I WILL! He he he he he...

Right after I do a lineless painting of a pokemon I have been wanting to paint, but haven't had the chance to do cuz' my tablet broke. Seriously, that Sylveon pic I drew is just BEGGING to be painted. Tomorrow, I will have a rough sketch of my monster, because by then, I will have finished Sylveon.

The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
Rumsworth
Rumsworth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-05 23:09:05 Reply

At 4/5/13 10:20 PM, KiwiSundae wrote: Right after I do a lineless painting of a pokemon I have been wanting to paint, but haven't had the chance to do cuz' my tablet broke. Seriously, that Sylveon pic I drew is just BEGGING to be painted. Tomorrow, I will have a rough sketch of my monster, because by then, I will have finished Sylveon.

Looking forward to seeing it.

I'm not so happy with my contrib.. Thing looks all smudgy an undetailed. I might go back and sort it out but I don't really care about that piece anymore. I'll probably start afresh tomorrow (today, it's 4:00) and see if I can come up with something a little more serious.

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-06 11:01:58 Reply

I'm having issues finishing this.

Laziness.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Rumsworth
Rumsworth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-06 11:24:31 Reply

At 4/6/13 11:01 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: I'm having issues finishing this.
Laziness.

Looks interesting so far.. Finish it for me, 50. Finish it for Rumsworth.

ArkKay
ArkKay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-06 13:35:38 Reply

General advise in re-topic:

What sets silent hill monsters apart, at least in the original idea (its gone to shit ever since 3) is that the monsters are disturbing not by being grotesque humanoids, but by their inhuman-ness. Nurses aside, but. well yeah it was never all that well implemented.

CharacterDesigner
CharacterDesigner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-06 17:29:08 Reply

Havent played silent hill but I am so doing this!! Yeahhhh booiii, just as soon as I finish this chapter im working on :3

Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-06 17:47:31 Reply

I'm not super acquainted with the whole silent hill thing, but drawing monsters is always fun. So here, a sketchy first draft of something.

Rumsworth
Rumsworth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-06 17:59:43 Reply

At 4/6/13 05:47 PM, Morthagg wrote: I'm not super acquainted with the whole silent hill thing, but drawing monsters is always fun. So here, a sketchy first draft of something.

Looks super cool. Could I ask what kinda brush settings you're using to sketch and in what program? I'm using Photoshop CS5 with a preset soft round brush as 3px with size controlled by pen pressure, and it just feels absolutely horrible.

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-06 18:26:11 Reply

At 4/6/13 05:59 PM, Rumsworth wrote:
At 4/6/13 05:47 PM, Morthagg wrote: I'm not super acquainted with the whole silent hill thing, but drawing monsters is always fun. So here, a sketchy first draft of something.
Looks super cool. Could I ask what kinda brush settings you're using to sketch and in what program? I'm using Photoshop CS5 with a preset soft round brush as 3px with size controlled by pen pressure, and it just feels absolutely horrible.

I'm fairly certain she's just done that on actual paper with a mechanical pencil, but then messed with the levels a bit on photoshop to get some real blacks.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Rumsworth
Rumsworth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-06 18:28:49 Reply

At 4/6/13 06:26 PM, Otto wrote: I'm fairly certain she's just done that on actual paper with a mechanical pencil, but then messed with the levels a bit on photoshop to get some real blacks.

Aha wow I'm not sure why I didn't consider that.. I've been working so much with photoshop that pencil and paper had just skipped my mind there..

Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-06 18:30:36 Reply

At 4/6/13 05:59 PM, Rumsworth wrote:

My brush setting is a 0.7mm B mechanical pencil, used in Real Life Sketchbook. Feels pretty good.

Rumsworth
Rumsworth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-06 18:31:14 Reply

At 4/6/13 06:30 PM, Morthagg wrote: My brush setting is a 0.7mm B mechanical pencil, used in Real Life Sketchbook. Feels pretty good.

Aha yup, yup I feel pretty stupid now. Cheers anyway.

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-06 18:33:43 Reply

At 4/6/13 06:30 PM, Morthagg wrote: My brush setting is a 0.7mm B mechanical pencil, used in Real Life Sketchbook. Feels pretty good.

My OS always crashes under stress when going above a 0.5mm

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-06 18:39:33 Reply

At 4/6/13 06:31 PM, Rumsworth wrote:
Aha yup, yup I feel pretty stupid now. Cheers anyway.

Haha, no sweat. If you're having problems with the feel of photoshop, you can always try and practice more on paper first. Also, I don't encourage the use of soft brushes. It gives a pretty icky feel to me. Try to use hard ones, with the opacity lessened or something.

Rumsworth
Rumsworth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-06 18:44:28 Reply

At 4/6/13 06:39 PM, Morthagg wrote: Haha, no sweat. If you're having problems with the feel of photoshop, you can always try and practice more on paper first. Also, I don't encourage the use of soft brushes. It gives a pretty icky feel to me. Try to use hard ones, with the opacity lessened or something.

Thanks for the tip. I used to do everything on paper, but since I got the tablet I've been using it all the time. I'd still sketch with pencil on paper but I haven't bought a scanner yet and lack proper art materials to finish a piece without digital. :-(

Jenou
Jenou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-06 19:13:01 Reply

Ok here goes.

O HAI

BBS Signature
Morthagg
Morthagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-06 19:33:28 Reply

Okay so apparently I like to draw things that drip other things.

Jenou
Jenou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-06 23:15:41 Reply

At 4/6/13 07:13 PM, Jenou wrote: Ok here goes.

done. about thirty mins. sorry it took so long to post; got side tracked :P

O HAI

BBS Signature
CharacterDesigner
CharacterDesigner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-08 17:06:02 Reply

Hey guys here is mine so far, planning to ink and color this aswell!

YomToxic
YomToxic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-23 03:22:39 Reply

Mind if I give this a go?

slaurak555
slaurak555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-04-26 12:20:19 Reply

Dis my demon, although he looks more like he's from hell than silent hill.... oh well, I'm working on it... still needs fixin.

YomToxic
YomToxic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-05-03 20:40:34 Reply

At 4/26/13 12:20 PM, slaurak555 wrote: Dis my demon, although he looks more like he's from hell than silent hill.... oh well, I'm working on it... still needs fixin.

Somehow, the lack of the face and that weird L shaped thing is more disturbing than the lack of torso.

slaurak555
slaurak555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-05-04 13:52:10 Reply

At 5/3/13 08:40 PM, YomToxic wrote:
At 4/26/13 12:20 PM, slaurak555 wrote: Dis my demon, although he looks more like he's from hell than silent hill.... oh well, I'm working on it... still needs fixin.
Somehow, the lack of the face and that weird L shaped thing is more disturbing than the lack of torso.

haha thank you? I know its really messy and lacking skill, but I'm working on improvement everyday! Thanks for giving feedback though :)

slaurak555
slaurak555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-05-04 13:53:13 Reply

also his head is supposed to be the shape of a bowl on top but I lack the skill to portray that.... Next one I do will be better than this.

YomToxic
YomToxic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Silent Hill: Draw your demons! 2013-05-05 22:35:14 Reply

At 5/4/13 01:53 PM, slaurak555 wrote:
also his head is supposed to be the shape of a bowl on top but I lack the skill to portray that.... Next one I do will be better than this.

Looking forward to that!.

Oh and the one I posted; it is fate - unforseen consequences that result in data loss. That stuff puts the fear in me.