New Topic Respond to this Topic
BATmanCan
BATmanCan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
I need some help. From smart people 2013-04-03 20:00:25 Reply

So, I want to start making AND uploading my own games. Have used The games Factory 2 to make a game, however it does not let me upload it onto Newgrounds. Is there any way to get games from that on here? Does anyone know something simple like The Games Factory 2 that will work with Newgrounds?
HELP ME I'M A NOOB!!!

Ali
Ali
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Programmer
Response to I need some help. From smart people 2013-04-04 07:08:48 Reply

At 4/3/13 08:00 PM, BATmanCan wrote: So, I want to start making AND uploading my own games. Have used The games Factory 2 to make a game, however it does not let me upload it onto Newgrounds. Is there any way to get games from that on here? Does anyone know something simple like The Games Factory 2 that will work with Newgrounds?
HELP ME I'M A NOOB!!!

You have to use flash (Adobe flash) to make games and submit them on Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
Satan
Satan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to I need some help. From smart people 2013-04-04 07:28:42 Reply

Ali speaks the truth, you can find a lot of useful flash tutorials here, and on other websites if you're new to the whole thing. Good luck with the games you are planning on creating, I'd like to see a few of them if you get around to making them.

BBS Signature
BATmanCan
BATmanCan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to I need some help. From smart people 2013-04-04 15:04:36 Reply

At 4/4/13 07:08 AM, Ali wrote: You have to use flash (Adobe flash) to make games and submit them on Newgrounds.

Thank you, I will look into getting flash.

BATmanCan
BATmanCan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to I need some help. From smart people 2013-04-04 15:06:20 Reply

At 4/4/13 07:28 AM, Satan wrote: Ali speaks the truth, you can find a lot of useful flash tutorials here, and on other websites if you're new to the whole thing. Good luck with the games you are planning on creating, I'd like to see a few of them if you get around to making them.

Sounds good. I will look into all the goodness of the internet.

sandwich-eater
sandwich-eater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to I need some help. From smart people 2013-04-04 21:28:58 Reply

You don't have to use Flash. It's most common here though.

Look here for things you can use

Under visual tools, you can see that you can in fact upload Games Factory 2 games to Newgrounds. I'm pretty sure basically everything there is able to be uploaded to newgrounds unless stated otherwise.

I don't know how to export/upload a games factory game, but PM Tom and I'm sure he'll help you out.

BBS Signature
Ali
Ali
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Programmer
Response to I need some help. From smart people 2013-04-05 08:15:41 Reply

At 4/4/13 09:28 PM, sandwich-eater wrote: You don't have to use Flash. It's most common here though.

Look here for things you can use

Under visual tools, you can see that you can in fact upload Games Factory 2 games to Newgrounds. I'm pretty sure basically everything there is able to be uploaded to newgrounds unless stated otherwise.

I don't know how to export/upload a games factory game, but PM Tom and I'm sure he'll help you out.

Yeah, listen to this guy.
Flash is the most used tool to make games and whatever, but there are a lot of other things you can use aswell. I'm not really sure if Adobe Flash is a good way to start learning, but yeah. Read the list sandwich-eater gave you, it's good!

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to I need some help. From smart people 2013-04-06 16:08:49 Reply

Anything that exports as either SWF (flash) or HTML5 can be uploaded, so there are plenty of options. The Wiki list above is pretty extensive, and there are plenty of cheaper (also free) alternatives than Flash (even though I'd still recommend getting that, once you get used to it it's pretty versatile!).