New Topic Respond to this Topic
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Ng Grandparents Appreciation Thread 2013-04-03 14:47:41 Reply

Let's all take a moment to think about how wonderful our grandparents are/were! They are forgotten too easily, so this is a place for us to talk about them and why we love them so much ... or hate them if that's your thing.

My grandparents are awesome because they are extremely healthy and could probably outrun most people younger than them. So naturally I've inherited super speed and endurance which compliment my other super powers.

BBS Signature
Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to Ng Grandparents Appreciation Thread 2013-04-03 14:52:11 Reply

I hate my grandpa's because they both died of lung cancer before I was three. That's why I love Grandpa Smith!

Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Ng Grandparents Appreciation Thread 2013-04-03 14:53:00 Reply

At 4/3/13 02:52 PM, Saen wrote: I hate my grandpa's because they both died of lung cancer before I was three. That's why I love Grandpa Smith!

One of my grandpas also died from cancer, so I have adopted Grandpa Smith as a substitute.

BBS Signature
Timmy
Timmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Ng Grandparents Appreciation Thread 2013-04-03 14:54:31 Reply

My grandparents on my mother's side are pretty awesome - they grew up in Hungary, but in their 20s they fled the country and escaped to America to avoid the communist revolution. They didn't know any English, and were completely reliant on a distant relative living here to take them in and help them find a home/work.

My grandfather had been a carpenter in Hungary, but because of the language barrier and the switch from metric to American measurements, he was forced to find work as a janitor in the slaughterhouse. However, over the years he kept moving up the chain until he retired as the floor manager for the entire plant.

Despite their limitations, they managed to put both of their daughters through college, with my mom even going on to attend law school and be a lawyer.

All of their hardwork sorta makes my dicking around online kind of a slap in the face, now that I think about it.

At 4/3/13 02:47 PM, Emma wrote: My grandparents are awesome because they are extremely healthy and could probably outrun most people younger than them. So naturally I've inherited super speed and endurance which compliment my other super powers.

Kal-El?

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Ng Grandparents Appreciation Thread 2013-04-03 14:54:31 Reply

My grandparents are intolerable and only follow the old testament of get to age 18 move out, fuck, have kid, hate each other, then tell others that they have such perfect grandchildren then wait till they thought we wee asleep and start calling my mother an idiot and a terrible mother for not raising better children. Because they raised a princess that everyone is jealous of

Who ended up drugging 2/3 of her children to make them function in society and bully others into making them conform to her rules

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ng Grandparents Appreciation Thread 2013-04-03 15:07:36 Reply

All my grandparents died before I was born except for my grandma on my mom's side, who we've never visited because she's unstable and abusive.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Ng Grandparents Appreciation Thread 2013-04-03 15:18:48 Reply

post that con facebook and you'll maybe will get a couple of blowjobs from senior citizens

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Zachary
Zachary
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Ng Grandparents Appreciation Thread 2013-04-03 15:21:01 Reply

My grandma is pretty cool. She makes me food and does jaegerbombs.

If that's not cool, then I don't know what is.

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Ng Grandparents Appreciation Thread 2013-04-03 15:25:54 Reply

my dads parents are dead before I got a chance to really meet them

my mums mum was ok up until she got dementia and my mums dad is a clueless fool. also wealthy.

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Ng Grandparents Appreciation Thread 2013-04-03 15:28:21 Reply

At 4/3/13 02:54 PM, tox wrote: My grandparents are intolerable and only follow the old testament of get to age 18 move out, fuck, have kid, hate each other, then tell others that they have such perfect grandchildren then wait till they thought we wee asleep and start calling my mother an idiot and a terrible mother for not raising better children. Because they raised a princess that everyone is jealous of

Who ended up drugging 2/3 of her children to make them function in society and bully others into making them conform to her rules

hehe, i get you with that, my grandma every now and then criticizes my mother for raising something whose behavior she just cant understand.
but when she is cooled down she is not so bad

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Lepy
Lepy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Ng Grandparents Appreciation Thread 2013-04-03 16:42:04 Reply

I don't have much to say about any of my grandparents. All of them are dead and I only got to meet the ones on my mom's side.
From what I hear, my grandma was kinda lame. She discouraged my mom's signing up for the air force. She didn't tell her that she was proud of her until after she earned an award in the AF. She seemed rather mean.

My grandpa seemed to be better. He served in the army and was a really nice person. The only thing about him seems to be the fact that he was the worst drunk ever and faught with his wife whenever he was drunk. Otherwise, he seemed like a cool dude.
I remember being pretty darn disappointed for my grandpa's death in 2007.
Didn't go to my grandma's funeral due to school kicking my ass last year.
Sorry grandma. :(

They were terrific grandparents, though, I will not deny that. By the time my brothers and I came around, they were too old to drink. They were lovely and sometimes I wish they were back, but they were old and my grandma had alzheimers pretty bad.

Never got to know much about my dad's side. I think they might've gotten divoriced. My dad kinda just sticks to the job of being a dad and hasn't told much about his childhood, his parents, etc. with the exeption of a few stories here and there.
My grandpa could peel a potato in one knife stroke, apparently.

scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ng Grandparents Appreciation Thread 2013-04-03 21:29:31 Reply

Inb4 GrandpaSmith

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Ng Grandparents Appreciation Thread 2013-04-03 21:31:47 Reply

I barely know 2 of my grandparents. My dad's dad died years before I was born and my mom's mom died when I was around 3 years old so I have no real memories of her. My current living grandparents are pretty cool though. I wish I knew them better but they live in Mexico and I do not.

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to Ng Grandparents Appreciation Thread 2013-04-03 21:56:19 Reply

my great grandfather is an asshole who refuses to give me any money until he dies

i am hoping for that every single day

the piece of shit has 7 figures in his bank account and he eats fucking tv dinners out of a deep-freeze

you dumb motherfucker

trakt|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Osyris
Osyris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Ng Grandparents Appreciation Thread 2013-04-03 21:58:31 Reply

Never met my paternal grandfater.

BBS Signature