Respond to this Topic
qew15
qew15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 07:20 PM Reply

Wait... The song from PDA games is in this game? I'm about to buy like 3 more copies....

JakBaronKing
JakBaronKing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Art Lover
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 07:23 PM Reply

Why is Stamper so hillarious?!

who writes this stuff?

I'm playing BBT right now and I can't stop laughing!

Please consider the next line of Behemoth toys.

All 'mummy' style figurines with gluable heads, eyes, mouths, tongues, ears, hats.

Really small so we can collect and make a WHOLE BUNCH.

Diki
Diki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 08:45 PM Reply

I really hope it doesn't take like 3 years to come out on Steam like Castle Crashers did (which I bought the day it finally came out). I don't own an Xbox but would love to play this. :(

Sabtastic
Sabtastic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 09:09 PM Reply

Just got my copy of BBT!! :) Can't wait to really get into it!

Also, Tom: what's with you and Luis's new red shades? :P

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 09:13 PM Reply

Now I wish I have Xbox. Will this soon come out for PS3 or PC?

[ Song - Wild Hunt ] [ Genre - Cinematic ] [Length - 2:02]
Click the Signature to Listen!

BBS Signature
Evark
Evark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Musician
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 09:47 PM Reply

If I buy BattleBlock Theatre on XBL, how will I get Tom to autograph the cover of the game's case next time I see him?

BBS Signature
evanarmagast
evanarmagast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Animator
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 10:47 PM Reply

i'm loving battleblock theater. having stamper do narration was a good choice.

crazy? i'm not crazy. i'm a table.

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 10:50 PM Reply

At 4/3/13 09:47 PM, Evark wrote: If I buy BattleBlock Theatre on XBL, how will I get Tom to autograph the cover of the game's case next time I see him?

we are actually having a butt signing on pico day from 1:00pm - 3:00pm. Tom's signing peoples butts as a substitute for BBT cartridges. Thats fair i think.

None

Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 10:57 PM Reply

At 4/3/13 03:07 PM, TomFulp wrote: In the short term I want to change the judgment requirements so things can exit out with less votes. That would be especially helpful RIGHT NOW.

I agree with this. Movies and games have two different attention draws. Games have more views, movies do not. Sadly. I'm an animator, not a game designer.

Having the levels represent the users on the forums was always good motivation to vote, but it was a turnoff to a lot of people who wanted other ways to express themselves on the site. Of course that change didn't result in a massive improvement in forum activity, but forums in general have been in decline across the entire web so it has been an uphill battle there.

Since it didn't change activity, it probably wouldn't hurt to go back, but... since it was already introduced. It would probably be harder to get rid of. Though, personally, I'd favor it.

There is more stuff being blammed than what people see - the Blam / Save stats on the Classic Portal and Obits have been broken for a long time now and need to be fixed. We also need to make sure that when a moderator takes action on a submission, it retroactively removes / adds BP points for the people who previously voted on it. Despite some great people who use it properly, the BP system has failed - anyone who used to listen to our broadcasts would know how depressed I got at the sheer amount of shovelware that passed judgment because people assumed it would be saved and wanted the points. Instead of fixing the voting system, we added moderators and that DID fix the shovelware problem but it also hurt the incentive to vote. It would be nice if the mod activity rewarded / punished the users who already chipped in.

I'd like to think that a system where someone is overwhelming saving or blamming (voting habits) could send a message to the portal mods and have them watch and punish those who save or blam FAR more than the other may be good. Of course, send them a warning first.

And those who attempt to save shovelware games, perhaps a mod could flag it and delete it, resulting in the loss of three save points? just general ideas for the portal mods. Probably just rambling.

I want the voting system to log 2 XP for every vote, vs requiring you to vote five times before you deposit. This will let more passive users gradually gain XP and will also allow us to have Double XP Weekends without REQUIRING you to vote on 10 things to log your XP - you would just have the opportunity to vote twice as many times and gain points.

Sounds like need to add some extra levels. We already got a bunch who maxed out.

We'd like to have more spaces that show who is leveling up and gaining points on a given day, including something popped lower on the front page. Making that interesting will take some doing but it's on the list.

I do like the sound of that. Maybe something in the portals. Show the level of the author too. Pop it into the reviewer's posts too. Make it mean something to level. We need to be identified by our levels.

There are also thoughts on user page updates that allow more customization, where someone who cares about their stats can make them more prominent / detailed and someone who doesn't care can hide them. We have a big divide on NG between what the viewers want and what the contributors want; that has always been a tricky balancing act.

I always liked to think of it as contributor vs viewer. Contributors are already showcased, the viewer is the one who needs the guns. They need to be impressed.

As a contributor, I like to think that it's my fists vs their weapons. And lately, it's been too easy.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
starwarsjunkie
starwarsjunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:04 PM Reply

The day... nay the moment you release this game for either Steam or PS3, I will purchase it.

Grungy Mech action in 1940s Russia! Read Iron and Ice!

CiviLies
CiviLies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:51 PM Reply

At 4/3/13 09:09 PM, Sabtastic wrote: Just got my copy of BBT!! :) Can't wait to really get into it!

Also, Tom: what's with you and Luis's new red shades? :P

You dare rock the Red Shades and not know their purposes!?!?

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1336895/7 You're gonna get busted and blasted by the Blues. I wouldn't worry about the Greens, they're small time as they come. I do have some respect for the red-blue hybrid group for trying to promote peace and prosperity. But peace and prosperity is for fucking hippies, so fuck them.

"Libraries are one of the rare examples of humans getting something completely right"- Gagsy
"People migrate and fall in love, religions come and go." - Anti-Racist Hitler

BBS Signature
krssvr
krssvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 01:34 AM Reply

I no longer have an XBOX, any chance for a Wii U release? I would totally buy it to support you guys.

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
domnhall428
domnhall428
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 02:22 AM Reply

hey tom before i say what i wanna sya i just need to tell you that ive been on newgrunds for a long time and i love you and stampers work. also cant forget about dan and everyone on newgroudns basically. my birthday is also the day after pico day which i thought was cool. i was wondering if battleblock theater is gonna be on ps3. please reply

PoisonHeart
PoisonHeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 02:40 AM Reply

I saw the trailer on Xbox Live Arcade thingy, and it looks great! Super-pro, very slick, makes you wanna play it! I was also happy to see that BBT got the front-page of the Arcade section on Live Marketplace.

Looking forward to seeing NG continue to blaze trails.

*citation needed

BBS Signature
VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 02:42 AM Reply

Epic idea for The 'Classic' Portal: At times like this, when there's a lot of submissions rolling in, I feel trapped. I like to take the time, to enjoy the Daily Top 5 and then vote on new submissions, but when things get backed up (as they are now), my time feels wasted on running from one vid or game to the other, in hopes I don't miss anything!

Install a traffic congestion meter. When there's 50 new submissions in the Portal, still under judgement, that's your **Red Alert**, Front page warning system, to let the audience know there's a dire need to vote, so everything gets properly vetted, reviewed or just plain enjoyed! Even, "There are 67 new movies and 54 new games now Under Judgement" on the Front Page would be perfectly satisfactory.

Now building Vault 101, reverse engineered from yesterdays technology.

BBS Signature
amplefied
amplefied
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 02:45 AM Reply

At 4/3/13 03:07 PM, TomFulp wrote: walls of text

Oh man I think you guys need to start simplifying and keeping things focused on things that work before you turn NG into Geocities.

At 4/4/13 01:34 AM, krssvr wrote: Wii U release?

why did I laugh

PoisonHeart
PoisonHeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 02:57 AM Reply

I saw the trailer on Xbox Live Arcade thingy, and it looks great! Super-pro, very slick, makes you wanna play it! I was also happy to see that BBT got the front-page of the Arcade section on Live Marketplace.

Looking forward to seeing NG continue to blaze trails.

*citation needed

BBS Signature
VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 04:40 AM Reply

Hope Tom sees that post I made about an under judgement gauge/meter/alert system..... the Portal is still swamped, and I spotted a few university/college animations in there too! These kids want and need reviews to hone their craft. Hope everything works out well, and everyone gets a fair score and/or review :\

BBS Signature
mmankt
mmankt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Game Developer
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 09:19 AM Reply

ps3, pc release?

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 09:30 AM Reply

At 4/3/13 09:47 PM, Evark wrote: If I buy BattleBlock Theatre on XBL, how will I get Tom to autograph the cover of the game's case next time I see him?

You need to see Dan at a convention and get him to draw you something, then get me to sign that under Dan's drawing.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 09:37 AM Reply

At 4/4/13 04:40 AM, VicariousE wrote: Hope Tom sees that post I made about an under judgement gauge/meter/alert system..... the Portal is still swamped, and I spotted a few university/college animations in there too! These kids want and need reviews to hone their craft. Hope everything works out well, and everyone gets a fair score and/or review :\

We've got something coming to the front page today that should help this out. :)

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Jameserton
Jameserton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 09:47 AM Reply

BattleBlock Theater is awesome! Lots of laughs. Thanks for keeping couch co-op alive.

Spudzy
Spudzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 10:42 AM Reply

Fuck yeah Tom! Gonna buy dat!

W-A-C
W-A-C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 10:55 AM Reply

At 4/3/13 03:09 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/3/13 02:35 PM, LDAF wrote: Awesome to see it finally out after all these years! Any chance of a Steam release if this works out well? Castle Crashers was relatively successful there, no?
Nothing official but we have our sights on it.

Great to hear. I own both a PS3 and a gaming PC, but I'd much rather play BattleBlock Theater through Steam than PSN.

I added the "2008 Kucinich" thing to my sig less than 24 hours before he dropped out of the race and has been too lazy to change it. <_<

BBS Signature
JAFZ3D
JAFZ3D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 11:18 AM Reply

Congratulations Tom Fulp!
It hurts! NOT HAVE XBOX!

BattleBlock Theater now Available!

VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 03:30 PM Reply

At 4/4/13 09:37 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/4/13 04:40 AM, VicariousE wrote: Hope Tom sees that post I made about an under judgement gauge/meter/alert system..... the Portal is still swamped
We've got something coming to the front page today that should help this out. :)

$100 bounty on Under Judgement stuff? Super! That's one Front Page box that should get some attention. Didn't you have that same reward, back in the day? A little over a decade ago maybe... when we were both newer people.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 03:51 PM Reply

Got the game and have been loving it so far! If anyone needs the Chicken Toucher achievement, contact me and we can play together so you can get it!

Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 05:27 PM Reply

I salute you Tom. I'm stickin' with it.

Can't wait for Battleblock to port PC/PS3

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 05:35 PM Reply

At 4/4/13 03:30 PM, VicariousE wrote: $100 bounty on Under Judgement stuff? Super! That's one Front Page box that should get some attention. Didn't you have that same reward, back in the day? A little over a decade ago maybe... when we were both newer people.

Mm... kinda feel like it should be above p-bot's posting. There's already email for him.

Also, talk about the value of honest posting.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to BattleBlock Theater now Available! Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 05:39 PM Reply

At 4/4/13 05:35 PM, Narcissy wrote: Also, talk about the value of honest posting.

voting*

But it'd be nice to let people know that voting properly helps Newgrounds.

BBS Signature