New Topic Respond to this Topic
Madjasper1
Madjasper1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Drm, Windows 8 And Internet Ranting 2013-04-01 13:39:10 Reply

Hey guys, before you read this, I'm just gonna say, I'm going to make a nice, long rant, about constant DRM, the Windows 8, and then the Internet, if you don't want to hear this rant, then press the back button on your browser, or open a new tab, but for those who want to hear this, keep reading.
I'm kinda pissed off about the new Simcity, I was planning on getting it, until I watched this , and I must note, I'm going to say a lot of stuff that THAT guy said on this rant, so first things first is the DRM that is on the game, even if you are on Single Player, you still need a stable internet connection or it won't work, now this game has a multi-player mode and I understand that for multi-player you need an internet connection, that's the point of it, but you don't fucking need the internet to play any fucking single player game except for the new Simcity, and any other games I've missed, so...in conclusion, unless you are a complete moron, don't play the new Simcity, and don't pirate this game either, if you do then they will just use those figures for the sequel, and then make the DRM stronger.
But wait, here is something, on a game that hasn't got DRM on it, it may not be pirated as much as the one with the DRM on it, so adding DRM on a game, WILL JUST CAUSE MORE PEOPLE TO PIRATE IT! And that's how we get to more DRM, so don't pirate the game, now here's another example, Windows 8, you need a constant internet connection to run any "app", as they now call them, that's right, Microsoft call programs to be "apps" that is a rant for another fucking day, anyway, this Internet thing is ridiculous, I mean...even if you want to run Calender, or Clock you still need the Internet and a Microsoft Internet Service Account or you don't get the app, and that is annoying for people who don't have stable internet access, I mean, even my internet goes down 3-4 times a day, so I know it's gonna happen, and...well, if you want to know more read this:Windows 8 Screen Shots (NT 6.2)

Now, the Internet is a wonderful thing, we can search for information, we can chat with friends, we have Youtube, we have Newgrounds (the best thing I've seen on the Internet since 2010) but I don't want everything to be connected to the internet because then, if someone somehow shuts-down or destroys the internet, then , where will it leave us?
I mean, what's next, our brains being connected to the internet? I don't know, but I don't want us to be internet reliable all the time.

Anyway, that's the end, if I'm wrong then tell me, and I'll correct myself.
-Madjasper1

Signature by Chdonga

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Drm, Windows 8 And Internet Ranting 2013-04-01 13:46:52 Reply

I didn't know about having to be online to use programs on Windows 8. I hated it before because it's a tablet OS being used on a desktop and laptop computer. I also hate it that you have to get Windows 8 Pro to play DVDs.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Drm, Windows 8 And Internet Ranting 2013-04-01 13:47:30 Reply

Don't know if this is an Aprils fool joke or not, because I'm not reading all that especially since it looks like a mess. Windows 8 and Windows Blue are both joke operating systems, so why are we complaining about it if we can just stick with the better Windows 7?

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Madjasper1
Madjasper1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Drm, Windows 8 And Internet Ranting 2013-04-01 13:54:39 Reply

At 4/1/13 01:47 PM, TheKlown wrote: Don't know if this is an Aprils fool joke or not, because I'm not reading all that especially since it looks like a mess. Windows 8 and Windows Blue are both joke operating systems, so why are we complaining about it if we can just stick with the better Windows 7?

No, this isn't April fools, I am genuinely pissed off about DRM and Windows 8, we should stick to Windows 7 but then in 5 years time Microsoft will drop support of it.

Signature by Chdonga

BBS Signature
Madjasper1
Madjasper1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Drm, Windows 8 And Internet Ranting 2013-04-01 18:26:52 Reply

At 4/1/13 01:43 PM, WaffleVoyager wrote: Haven't they pretty much given up on Windows 8. Windows Blue is the next turd they're squatting on our laps.

I didn't know that they gave up on Windows 8, I thought that Microsoft was going to update Windows 8 and make it more shitty

Signature by Chdonga

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Drm, Windows 8 And Internet Ranting 2013-04-01 18:42:20 Reply

Windows 8 ran very smoothly for me, I will have it dual booted for the rest of my life (until the HDD its installed on fails.)

original I am.

BBS Signature