00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Publishing Bugs and Contest Results

9,983 Views | 24 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Animators! NATA Open Round has begun.

This past week we had a variety of publishing issues that cropped up, so sorry to everyone who had problems publishing projects. If you had a failed attempt, try now and it should work! We are still cleaning things up but you should be able to get through, please copy and paste any error messages into a PM to me!

UPDATE: Looks like there might be an issue with PNG thumbnails at the moment. If your project publish fails, try re-uploading your movie / game and use a JPG or GIF thumbnail. Let me know if this ends up solving it for you!

UPDATE 2: PNG issue should be fixed, so you can use a PNG. PM me if your publishing fails for any reason.

On that note, we are gonna do some Spring Cleaning on NG. The publishing system has gone through a lot of rapid advances since the redesign launch and it's time to refactor a bunch of things to make it work better and be easier to use.

In other news...

The winners of the 8-Bit Audio Contest have been announced! Here are the top four (1st-4th):

Thank you BrokenDeck for organizing! BPremo will now be using some of this music in his next animation so follow him and watch for it!

Voice Acting Contest 10 is now in progress! The theme is "A Night to Remember", check out the post for more info.

Read this interview with Sarkazm!

Also new TODAY, this interview with kisame!

The movie Tetherball includes some animation by HatGuy and Khris from NG, along with a song by Wolfenbreed! Check out the trailer.

Today is April 1st and you know what that means... THAT'S RIGHT... Monthly voting time! Check your account page to see if you are on the voting panel to select the best of March. Oh yeah and play this:

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 13:08:45

In B4 Luis.

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 13:09:52

Let's see if it works now.

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 13:24:02

At 4/1/13 01:13 PM, CrazyRock wrote: halloween treasure hunt 2011 tom

I still think about that more than people know... It haunts me. And then as a result we didn't even do a treasure hunt this past October, breaking the tradition.

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 13:25:06

It's been over a year since the redesign and I still can't f***ing vote.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 13:57:03

I used a GIF and it worked! Thank you God for making my movie be uploaded!

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 14:03:03

At 4/1/13 01:07 PM, TomFulp wrote: On that note, we are gonna do some Spring Cleaning on NG. The publishing system has gone through a lot of rapid advances since the redesign launch and it's time to refactor a bunch of things to make it work better and be easier to use.

Eh? What is this ...'cleaning' you speak of?

So, will the site be down? When will this occur? Will this include another of those medical exams?

At 4/1/13 01:25 PM, NewgroundsMike wrote: It's been over a year since the redesign and I still can't f***ing vote.

Me neither. I can't vote in IE8, but I can on my laptop, which has IE9.

Today is April 1st and you know what that means... THAT'S RIGHT...

Time to bug you about the 'hidden' April joke again. What was it? :D
<3 U Tom :3

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 14:10:29

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU BEAT LEVEL 22?
Btw the game could also use some medals...

Publishing Bugs and Contest Results

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 14:30:30

My project uploaded flawlessly. My .JPG icon wouldn't show up, so I changed it to a .GIF which did.

So if you're going to upload a movie/game, use a .GIF image format for your icon.

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 15:25:21

At 4/1/13 02:03 PM, Exedor wrote: So, will the site be down? When will this occur? Will this include another of those medical exams?

In general this shouldn't require downtime, although there will likely be some downtime when we finally fix the UTF-8 font bug that results in people posting garbled text on the site.

Spring Cleaning generally means updates to the project system to better handle all the updates. So for example, there may be a single file upload field that would take both SWF or video files in the case of movies, or both SWF and ZIP files in the case of games. If you upload a video, the dimensions field wouldn't even show up. The project members and project credit forms could be merged into a single form. Lots of odds and ends like that... Plus improvements to video publishing which is still quirky with waiting out the processing phase, and improvements to how the view page launches content, so for example with an HTML5 game you wouldn't have that split second "HTML5" text appear on the screen.

We want to take some time to just streamline the things that have been wonky. These are also items to attend to. And maybe whistles.

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 15:32:09

At 4/1/13 03:25 PM, TomFulp wrote: In general this shouldn't require downtime, although there will likely be some downtime when we finally fix the UTF-8 font bug that results in people posting garbled text on the site.
And maybe whistles.

Shweetnesh

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 15:45:15

Did you guys see?
They implemented an EDIT button.
AMAZING!!!

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 16:12:33

At 4/1/13 03:45 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Did you guys see?
AMAZING!!!

I know, right? It's about time since some small edits lead to big problems. Also, what about the NATA theme? It still isn't updated.

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 16:22:23

Segway of the dead was pretty fun.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 16:41:52

I love Newgrounds the first of april, everything is so funny!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 16:48:20

The movie Tetherball includes some animation by HatGuy and Khris from NG, along with a song by Wolfenbreed! Check out the trailer.

Hey Tom,

I just wanted to publicly thank you for the plug. I've been a long time viewer of this site (over 10 years now) and it has inspired me to pursue my dreams.

Best of luck... and PLEASE make an appearance in my next film (along with Wade).

Cheers,
Rick D.

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 17:31:07

Oh yeah and play this:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/614276

Nice April Fools joke I smelled BS and fortunately it turned out it wasn't me.

~ A Random Wombat ~

Stupidity killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

Click Me!

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 20:39:01

It's great that they are fixed! I had no problems with uploading them for some reason, but I hope to play NoLanLab's new game soon! Hopefully, that will also solve the mystery of captainmcross's disappearing submissions.

Edit: Looks like the PMs don't work any more, though. I tried sending one, and the button responded, but the page didn't refresh and no new message was displayed in my sentbox.

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 21:35:15

At 4/1/13 01:25 PM, CrazyRock wrote:
At 4/1/13 01:24 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/1/13 01:13 PM, CrazyRock wrote: halloween treasure hunt 2011 tom
I still think about that more than people know... It haunts me. And then as a result we didn't even do a treasure hunt this past October, breaking the tradition.
You said the same thing last year, I believe you should just cut the case and give me the money from it.

Excuse me? *I* was clearly about to win that contest. I won 2010 and I would have won 2011.

*sigh* I didn't mind that so much but I when I realized that there was no treasure hunt for 2011 that put me out enough that I haven't been watching very much anymore... I haven't made any new monthly lists since October. I feel bad about that. Newgrounds took up so much of my time but now I spend most of it reading manga and fanfiction. Which is actually really good and I just can't believe how much reading I've managed to do these past months. I wish I had started looking into this genre a decade ago.

I guess everything is declining. Not the glory years anymore, submissions are down, so some events just aren't going to be showing up.

Collecting NG's undiscovered gems has been a hobby of mine since 2005. I am curently posting them on my blog.

Feel free to check them out and tell me what you think.

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-01 22:06:16

I love how when my 8-bit song entered the audio portal, I was getting 1 star ratings or less, but when it came time to be judged, I got a 4 1/2 star rating. I may not have placed in the contest but seein those ratings cheered me up. congrats to the winners =D

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-02 01:58:51

I know this is the wronp place to post a question that does not have anything to do with the article but,
...I completely forgot how to change my banner that goes under forum posts, I think its called a forum sig?
Anyways, always good to see a celebration of newgrounds.

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-02 02:05:36

At 4/1/13 01:07 PM, TomFulp wrote: Today is April 1st and you know what that means... THAT'S RIGHT... Monthly voting time!

That's just... wrong. :/

Looking forward to that spring cleaning though, the site is bugging.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-02 02:26:05

At 4/1/13 02:10 PM, deathink wrote: HOW THE FUCK DO YOU BEAT LEVEL 22?
Btw the game could also use some medals...

no way in hell how?... i can't pass lvl 1 im pretty damn sure is an april fools!

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-02 11:13:02

At 4/1/13 03:45 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Did you guys see?
AMAZING!!!

Oh wait. That was temporary. I think.

Response to Publishing Bugs and Contest Results 2013-04-03 08:51:46

Hey, so there's a page in the B/P ranks 51+ thread that I think you and Wade might want to read, even if neither of you decide to respond in it. It's about the current state of the portal, voting habits, and the effect both are having on the site and the community, from those who are arguably the most invested in it other than staff and mods. http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/74269/567

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup