New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Games that haven't aged well Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:08 AM Reply

Redline 1999 fps shooter mostly because the controls sucked then, and the controls still suck now. Could have been a good game if it weren't for the horrible controls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsMjOwEanZc

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Games that haven't aged well Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 02:29 PM Reply

Timesplitters 2, the aiming then was new but now it's so old and it's too hard to aim and the A.I are idiotic and too easy.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus! // You shall watch and you shall like. // #FREEAMA2014

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Games that haven't aged well Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 02:55 PM Reply

Duke Nukem.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Games that haven't aged well Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:27 PM Reply

Sonic Adventure 1 had two really problematic glitches. There were some areas where Sonic or whoever would get stuck to the ground while doing the falling animation. You wouldn't be able to jump, only move slowly off the glitchy spot. I found one in Station Square, Mystic Ruins, and Windy Valley. I didn't see the glitch in Adventure DX though so I guess they fixed it later on. Also Sonic's homing attack seems to work only when it wants to. You'll really notice it when you fight the Egg Viper.
Sonic Adventure 2 also had that problem with the homing attack, but there weren't any bosses that required you to hit multiple targets to reach its weakpoint.

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Games that haven't aged well Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 04:03 PM Reply

At 4/3/13 03:27 PM, Chdonga wrote: Sonic Adventure 1 had two really problematic glitches. There were some areas where Sonic or whoever would get stuck to the ground while doing the falling animation. You wouldn't be able to jump, only move slowly off the glitchy spot. I found one in Station Square, Mystic Ruins, and Windy Valley. I didn't see the glitch in Adventure DX though so I guess they fixed it later on. Also Sonic's homing attack seems to work only when it wants to. You'll really notice it when you fight the Egg Viper.
Sonic Adventure 2 also had that problem with the homing attack, but there weren't any bosses that required you to hit multiple targets to reach its weakpoint.

Yeah, Sonic Adventure has its fair amount of glitches and annoyances. I remember being stuck in a tunnel at the main town. The falling through the ground glitch was insane.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

FrozenFire
FrozenFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Game Developer
Response to Games that haven't aged well Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 01:21 AM Reply

Jet Force Gemeni.

I played the shit out of that game as a kid but the control scheme feels so terrible now because 3rd and 1st person shooters have come so far.

kmau
kmau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Games that haven't aged well Apr. 4th, 2013 @ 10:55 AM Reply

Tried playing Snowboard Kids.. everything about it was awful. We had so much fun with this when we were kids..

On the contrary I recently played Banjo Kazooie again and I think it's the pinnacle of "aged well".

At 4/4/13 01:21 AM, FrozenFire wrote: Jet Force Gemeni.

Totally agree, loved it as a child but now it's unplayable.

BBS Signature
DelRio1991
DelRio1991
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Games that haven't aged well Apr. 5th, 2013 @ 01:09 PM Reply

At 4/1/13 02:19 AM, Jonny879 wrote: what are the games that aren't good as now you remember playing them in the past? for me it has t be Sonic adventure 2, the sonic and shadow stages are great but the all the other stages i feel are boring and too drawn out

I can't believe I'm saying this, but King's Quest 1....

It kinda drops you, with only a shopping list from a king and many ways to die.

And, if you play the original, it gets kinda exhausting having to type everything...

I still love it to death.

I'm Del Rio
I like to draw comics and stuff
I also like watching Darkwing duck and eating burritos.

BBS Signature
superdan123
superdan123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Games that haven't aged well Apr. 5th, 2013 @ 11:25 PM Reply

At 4/1/13 09:59 AM, Auz wrote:

don't forget about the move wrap and most games that tried to be a great 3d adventure all look awful besides a few nowadays.

BBS Signature