New Topic Respond to this Topic
SchermerhornArts
SchermerhornArts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread! 2013-06-23 23:29:43 Reply

At 6/23/13 12:20 PM, PMMurphy wrote: btw the gestures in your action sequence are very good.

Its hard to capture that kind of energy but still keep realistic poses.

Thank you I started practicing sketches with action lines it helped to do that then build shape. ^^
also been doing life sketching finding images off Google twas getting well BORING LOL I have also
noticed a change in my art because of that.:D

^^

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to My art thread! 2013-06-24 00:56:36 Reply

yea its noticeable.

Lots of people don't appreciate good gesture lines. But those are typically the ones who have never tried to do them.

SchermerhornArts
SchermerhornArts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread! 2013-06-24 01:23:00 Reply

At 6/24/13 12:56 AM, PMMurphy wrote: yea its noticeable.

Lots of people don't appreciate good gesture lines. But those are typically the ones who have never tried to do them.

yeah I agree those are the types of people that don't want to work hard at any thing.

^^

SchermerhornArts
SchermerhornArts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread! 2013-06-28 22:48:15 Reply

Dragon drawing tell me what you guys think ^^

My art thread!

^^

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to My art thread! 2013-06-28 22:54:35 Reply

I like this for many reasons, i also dislike it for many reasons.

You have a good balance of lights and darks and my eyes are guided through the scales of the dragon. While looking at the piece i can (somewhat) distinguish it is indeed a dragon. it just takes some time to pick out the details.

A few things you should look into improving are definately anatomy. Dragons are difficult and there is a book out there specifically for drawing dragons. Fantasy drawings like this take lots of practice and are very difficult to get good at. Simply because the only way to get the forms and anatomy right is to basically create clay sculptures.

I noticed how you let the dragon get smaller in size as it approaches the background i liked this. I feel like you should use a wider pallette of greys as i don't see many different tones of grey. You seem to kinda focus around one kind of light and dark but there really is no strong intense depth going on.

For the most part its pretty good. Try to capture the darkest darks and the lightest lights. Keep your transitions smooth and remember not to let the paper get all dusty and dirty looking. While you work don't let your hands get everywhere, it gives an effect on the finished product that isn't so nice.

Also. Do some still life studies of objects, simple objects and just try to capture their likeness. Go on the internet and look up drawing tutorials and do them, you will learn how to make your drawings gain form and look more natural.

SchermerhornArts
SchermerhornArts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread! 2013-06-29 12:18:57 Reply

At 6/28/13 10:54 PM, PMMurphy wrote:

Thank you for the advice ill look in to it.

^^

SchermerhornArts
SchermerhornArts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread! 2013-06-29 12:24:48 Reply

At 6/28/13 10:54 PM, PMMurphy wrote:

I do know what your saying about with the finger prints been working on that lol
Also been looking in to anatomy but only used reference for the depth of the mouth I used drawings of lizards an I believe I have one of the books your talking about other than that I kind of made the hole thing up lol but ill look in to the advice you've given thank you ^^

^^

Spac3case916
Spac3case916
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to My art thread! 2013-07-01 20:22:15 Reply

dig your concepts and pen work man.

[-----free like clouds-----]
My art thread <3

BBS Signature
SchermerhornArts
SchermerhornArts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread! 2013-07-01 22:01:35 Reply

At 7/1/13 08:22 PM, Spac3case916 wrote: dig your concepts and pen work man.

Thank you man I appreciate especially sense I didn't use pen in this one lol but thanks :D

^^

SchermerhornArts
SchermerhornArts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread! 2013-08-10 19:13:21 Reply

So I was recently playing star craft and decided to draw some thing and came up with this I had to get reference ^^ tell me what you guys think.

My art thread!

^^

Sabrerine911
Sabrerine911
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread! 2013-08-11 06:54:50 Reply

At 8/10/13 07:13 PM, SchermerhornArts wrote: So I was recently playing star craft and decided to draw some thing and came up with this I had to get reference ^^ tell me what you guys think.

Pretty badass dude!I expecialy love the shading in this one,it contributes to the dinamicity ;)

BBS Signature
SchermerhornArts
SchermerhornArts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread! 2013-08-11 19:01:52 Reply

At 8/11/13 06:54 AM, Sabrerine911 wrote:
At 8/10/13 07:13 PM, SchermerhornArts wrote: So I was recently playing star craft and decided to draw some thing and came up with this I had to get reference ^^ tell me what you guys think.
Pretty badass dude!I expecialy love the shading in this one,it contributes to the dinamicity ;)

thanks man there were time when I thought this one didn't turn out right but I think I like the final product :D

^^

SchermerhornArts
SchermerhornArts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread! 2014-01-08 13:49:05 Reply

I decided to challenge my artistic ability a little bit so im trying to draw realistic Pokémon mainly because I got the new game for the 3ds anyways this is realistic Blazeiken tell me what you think ^^

My art thread!

^^

Slippery-Nipple
Slippery-Nipple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread! 2014-01-08 16:58:50 Reply

Sometimes, less is more.

I feel that you should focus more on fluid movement with your hand and use less black. Don't forget that the page is your ally, utilize the negative space. Instead of overcompensating with extreme darks and hatches, try doing simple lines to add more definition to your work. The chaotic sketching is great, don't get me wrong, but I feel that utilizing simple lines, instead of frayed darkness, will help you develop the image you envision.

SchermerhornArts
SchermerhornArts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread! 2014-01-11 17:03:46 Reply

At 1/8/14 04:58 PM, Reply to Slippery-Nipple:

Thanks for the help ill have to remember that ^^

^^

SchermerhornArts
SchermerhornArts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread! 2014-01-18 19:57:37 Reply

Hello everyone realistic blaziken drawing I think I improved on the face comments please!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWhekAy3KCo
I also did a video about 12 minutes of real time to cover some things I chose to do!

My art thread!

^^

SchermerhornArts
SchermerhornArts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art thread! 2014-02-01 02:16:20 Reply

this will be my newest drawing video its a little messy but I like how it came out ^^

My art thread!

^^