Be a Supporter!
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 03:46 PM Reply

My friend said that burning to death in a furnace wouldn't be that bad because you'd burn so fast. I was like wtf that would hurt really bad. But the question is, did they preheat the ovens or heat them up while the people were inside? I think that the latter would be much more cruel.

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 03:48 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 03:47 PM, Scary wrote: i thought they gassed them then burnt the bodies

There were several incidents where they just shoved them inside of furnaces alive

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 03:49 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 03:46 PM, Entice wrote: My friend said that burning to death in a furnace wouldn't be that bad because you'd burn so fast. I was like wtf that would hurt really bad. But the question is, did they preheat the ovens or heat them up while the people were inside? I think that the latter would be much more cruel.

If there is fire or intense heat your lungs will collapse and other parts of your internal respiratory system will burn.

Piggler
Piggler
  • Member since: May. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Artist
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 03:51 PM Reply

Most people died from assorted diseases that arose as a result of poor, cramped, and dirty living quarters and malnutrition long before they arrived at the furnace.


BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 03:52 PM Reply

I agree with what's being said in here, but these posts don't answer the question of whether or not they preheated the ovens?

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 03:56 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 03:52 PM, Entice wrote: I agree with what's being said in here, but these posts don't answer the question of whether or not they preheated the ovens?

Considering they were incinerators and not ovens I'd say no? They turned it on and they burned to death Entice.

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Member since: Dec. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 03:57 PM Reply

They probably had the ovens going 24/7, lots of Jews back then.


Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 03:58 PM Reply

They never burned anyone alive, and there's no evidence gas chambers were ever used for mass execution. The people at the Auschwitz museum admitted that they were post-war constructions by the Soviets, but I won't go further into it because nobody is willing to believe it or even look at the evidence, so there's no point in discussing it. It's also literally impossible to burn thousands of bodies a day in a few small buildings, since it takes hours to burn a single corpse fully. Since we're talking about burning to death, though, that shit would probably be one of the worst possible deaths.


PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 03:59 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 03:56 PM, Ceratisa wrote: They turned it on and they burned to death Entice.

That's some p heavy shit

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 04:02 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 03:59 PM, Entice wrote:
At 3/30/13 03:56 PM, Ceratisa wrote: They turned it on and they burned to death Entice.
That's some p heavy shit

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/augas.
html

The largest incin was later converted

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 04:04 PM Reply

But to more accurately answer you Entice, I don't think living people were ever burned.

Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Writer
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 03:48 PM, Entice wrote:
At 3/30/13 03:47 PM, Scary wrote: i thought they gassed them then burnt the bodies
There were several incidents where they just shoved them inside of furnaces alive

Sounds very unlikely. Sources?

Because they were either gassed, or shot before being sent to the ovens.

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 04:24 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 04:21 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Sounds very unlikely. Sources?

Something I remembered from school, but it seems that I'm either remembering wrong or was taught something wrong because I can't find any sources now.

Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Writer
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 04:30 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 04:24 PM, Entice wrote:
At 3/30/13 04:21 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Sounds very unlikely. Sources?
Something I remembered from school, but it seems that I'm either remembering wrong or was taught something wrong because I can't find any sources now.

The Nazis were very methodical, and burning people alive would've been a huge waste of time and energy. Most prisoners, at least during the early years, had no idea they were about to be killed then they stepped into a gas chamber. In Poland and USSR, prisoners were usually shot then thrown into common pits. If the SS were inhumane, at least they had the wits not to burn people alive, which would've attracted more unwanted attention on their crimes, and probably would've caused outrage through the German population. That outrage would've been quickly repressed, but it still would've caused Himmler to grow a few white hair.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 04:32 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 04:24 PM, Entice wrote:
At 3/30/13 04:21 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Sounds very unlikely. Sources?
Something I remembered from school, but it seems that I'm either remembering wrong or was taught something wrong because I can't find any sources now.

I believe the corpses were burned entice..

Powerage
Powerage
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 04:39 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 03:58 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: there's no evidence gas chambers were ever used for mass execution. The people at the Auschwitz museum admitted that they were post-war constructions by the Soviets,

gee, i wondered when the holocaust deniers were going to chime in. that didn't take long at all!

but I won't go further into it because nobody is willing to believe it or even look at the evidence, so there's no point in discussing it.

and there's a very good reason for that, mainly because holocaust deniers aren't actually interested in honest discussion.

Im-A-Pirate
Im-A-Pirate
  • Member since: May. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 04:43 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 04:39 PM, Powerage wrote:

gee, i wondered when the holocaust deniers were going to chime in. that didn't take long at all!

he never denied the holocaust, he just said there is no evidence gas chambers were used, and that's correct


"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent, we can attack in any direction!"

Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 04:47 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 04:24 PM, Entice wrote:
At 3/30/13 04:21 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Sounds very unlikely. Sources?
Something I remembered from school, but it seems that I'm either remembering wrong or was taught something wrong because I can't find any sources now.

My money's on it having been misinformation. I think you either heard that Nazis burned people and assumed they were alive, or somebody claimed Nazis burned people alive while rambling about how horrible and inhumane Nazis were.

But nah, they weren't burned alive. Just gassed and taken to the furnaces, or if the Nazis were in panic mode, shot and thrown in mass graves. All my information is about Auschwitz, though; I don't know how the other camps rolled.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 04:53 PM Reply

But nah, they weren't burned alive. Just gassed and taken to the furnaces, or if the Nazis were in panic mode, shot and thrown in mass graves. All my information is about Auschwitz, though; I don't know how the other camps rolled.

I believe part of the confusion would be that some of the rooms were furnaces and gas

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 05:03 PM Reply

thats a question for google


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 05:05 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 05:03 PM, kakalxlax wrote: thats a question for google

Isn't that against the rules?

jhypsyshah
jhypsyshah
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Filmmaker
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 05:07 PM Reply

I dunno, I've heard some of those flamethrowing units were pretty wicked and feared, the early tank models come to mind.


Thanks to Green-Chicken for the sig graphics, ur awesome.

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 05:10 PM Reply

Why would they cook jews anyway?

Was it just easier to dispose of corpses when they were dust instead of having to dig massive graves to chuck the bodies in? thats the only conclusion I came to.


BBS Signature
Seasons
Seasons
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Writer
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 05:20 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 04:47 PM, Jester wrote: But nah, they weren't burned alive. Just gassed and taken to the furnaces, or if the Nazis were in panic mode, shot and thrown in mass graves. All my information is about Auschwitz, though; I don't know how the other camps rolled.

There are plenty of written accounts of people being burned alive during the holocaust, especially within the confines of Auschwitz. While crematoriums were primarily used for corpses, there were nevertheless circumstances of living people being put to death by means of fire. Killings were not always systematic; officers had plenty of creative power when it came to putting prisoners to death. To think that no prisoners would be killed in this way seems naive.

One particular passage I read while in a class I took on wartime memoirs talked about Josef Mengele. He was some sort of doctor that would run crazy experiments of prisoners... apparently he sent a lot of people to be burned alive.


Creative Writing.
Amateur Voice Acting.
Let's be friends. Send me a PM.

BBS Signature
BANGsquared
BANGsquared
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 05:25 PM Reply

The most probable answer is that they didn't preheat the ovens in order to conserve energy. I don't imagine they cared much for the well-being of their inmates.


// Kongregate // Tumblr // Reddit // Steam //

BBS Signature
MagicMichael66
MagicMichael66
  • Member since: Feb. 24, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Programmer
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 05:31 PM Reply

It would be awesome if someone actually caught it on video.


BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 05:43 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 05:20 PM, Seasons wrote:
There are plenty of written accounts of people being burned alive during the holocaust, especially within the confines of Auschwitz. While crematoriums were primarily used for corpses, there were nevertheless circumstances of living people being put to death by means of fire. Killings were not always systematic; officers had plenty of creative power when it came to putting prisoners to death. To think that no prisoners would be killed in this way seems naive.

I'm sure that there were circumstances in which prisoners were burned to death by one means or another, but it wasn't the standard method, which I thought was what Entice was talking about. Although the furnaces probably weren't used to do that; them shits were small and stuffing a living person in one would be kind of a bitch.

One particular passage I read while in a class I took on wartime memoirs talked about Josef Mengele. He was some sort of doctor that would run crazy experiments of prisoners... apparently he sent a lot of people to be burned alive.

Mengele is my favorite Nazi because there's no end to the stupid shit he did. My favorite example is an experiment in which he removed a girl's eyes, then tried to implant them in back of the girl's twin's skull to see if they'd work. It's worth mentioning he didn't use anesthesia. Dude had a weird thing about twins and midgets, and since Nazi experimentation often involved subjecting people to conditions like extreme pressure and extreme cold, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody caught on fire now and then.

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Member since: Dec. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 05:52 PM Reply

At 3/30/13 05:20 PM, Seasons wrote: One particular passage I read while in a class I took on wartime memoirs talked about Josef Mengele. He was some sort of doctor that would run crazy experiments of prisoners... apparently he sent a lot of people to be burned alive.

^This^

Nazis performed a lot of experiments, there was a lot of breakthroughs in the medical world were because of the Nazis. For example they'd throw in a group of naked people into a freezer or ice water and time how long it took to die. Seems completely pointless, but they used it to study hypothermia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_human_experimentation


Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 10:18 PM Reply

Burned alive or not, they were fucking dead.

At 3/30/13 06:31 PM, Vnzi wrote: Not a good topic entice I'm calling the sensitive police on you.

Welcome to Newgrounds, lady.

Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to Holocaust Mar. 30th, 2013 @ 10:25 PM Reply

They more than likely did both. But since there is like 0% that they cared at all about the people who were being killed there they probably preferred putting them in there and letting it heat up while they were still alive.


Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature