Be a Supporter!

Current Favorite Digital Synth

  • 1,873 Views
  • 47 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 10
Artist
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 10:22 PM Reply

OP-1 (only by default)

i'm tired of massive and razor has fairly limited scope.

i dont really use anything else

Omegeist
Omegeist
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Mar. 31st, 2013 @ 11:57 PM Reply

Just as a sidenote i love using toxic biohazard for trance plucks, hybrid leads and some pads. I would recommend this synth to anyone looking for an extremely easy to use synth for utterly everything with fantastic results. At a certain point you start to realize though that its good to have some variety in your instruments. Its also not my current favorite in making complextro.
My current favorites for complextro in each partial
Lead - Harmor or 3oc x
Pad - Nexus 2
Bass - 3oc x
Glitch sounds and wobbles - 3oc x and Harmor

Current Favorite Digital Synth

Chemich
Chemich
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 01:00 AM Reply

At 3/31/13 11:57 PM, Omegeist wrote: Just as a sidenote i love using toxic biohazard for trance plucks, hybrid leads and some pads. I would recommend this synth to anyone looking for an extremely easy to use synth for utterly everything with fantastic results. At a certain point you start to realize though that its good to have some variety in your instruments. Its also not my current favorite in making complextro.
My current favorites for complextro in each partial
Lead - Harmor or 3oc x
Pad - Nexus 2
Bass - 3oc x
Glitch sounds and wobbles - 3oc x and Harmor

Forgot about Toxic Biohazard too, I use that occasionally for basically the same thing.

Toxic 2 was still probably my favorite of all of them, though.


☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
LichLordMusic
LichLordMusic
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 10:14 AM Reply

At 4/1/13 01:00 AM, Chemich wrote:
At 3/31/13 11:57 PM, Omegeist wrote: Just as a sidenote i love using toxic biohazard for trance plucks, hybrid leads and some pads. I would recommend this synth to anyone looking for an extremely easy to use synth for utterly everything with fantastic results. At a certain point you start to realize though that its good to have some variety in your instruments. Its also not my current favorite in making complextro.
My current favorites for complextro in each partial
Lead - Harmor or 3oc x
Pad - Nexus 2
Bass - 3oc x
Glitch sounds and wobbles - 3oc x and Harmor
Forgot about Toxic Biohazard too, I use that occasionally for basically the same thing.

Toxic 2 was still probably my favorite of all of them, though.

Oh lawd, Toxic and Poizone. I remember using them when I started out. They were fun to use but I sought errm... 'better' options in the end for what I do. SInce everyone else is doing it, I'm going to make my own little list of what I use currently!

Arps: Gladiator2, Alchemy Player (With some packs), Omnisphere
Leads: Gladiator2, Oresus, Omnisphere, Sytrus
Bass: Gladiator2,
Pads: Omnisphere, Sytrus
Kicks: Custom-Sampled, Boosted through NI Driver
Percussion: Kontakt Factory, Cinesamples DrumsOfWar1
Orchestral: Kontakt Factory,
FX: Ohmicide, EAreverb, IL Vocodex
Mastering: MAXIMUS MAXIMUS MAXIMUS, Bluecat Freeware bundle, Audition CS6


| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 10:17 AM Reply

Arps: Omnisphere
Leads: Omnisphere
Backing Synths: Omnisphere
Pads: Omnisphere
Bass: Omnisphere
Rhythmic Patterns: Omnisphere
Guitars: Omnisphere
Choirs: Omnisphere
Mallets: Omnisphere
Organs: Omnisphere
etc


Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
LichLordMusic
LichLordMusic
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 10:27 AM Reply

At 4/1/13 10:17 AM, Step wrote: Arps: Omnisphere
Leads: Omnisphere
Backing Synths: Omnisphere
Pads: Omnisphere
Bass: Omnisphere
Rhythmic Patterns: Omnisphere
Guitars: Omnisphere
Choirs: Omnisphere
Mallets: Omnisphere
Organs: Omnisphere
etc

If there is one thing which pesters me about Omnisphere is that I usually have trouble making a harsh-sounding Supersaw leads. Oh sure I've got my own patches of awesome saw-based leads I've made drowned in FX which kill my CPU from the awesomeness but for something gritty I always seem to have trouble doing it in Omnisphere. I have better luck in Gladiator2 in all honesty.


| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
Omegeist
Omegeist
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Apr. 1st, 2013 @ 11:12 AM Reply

At 4/1/13 10:14 AM, LichLordMusic wrote: Oh lawd, Toxic and Poizone. I remember using them when I started out. They were fun to use but I sought errm... 'better' options in the end

Toxic is still a superb synth IMO and some of my best sounds have been made with it. But of course all my sounds are shit so that stands irrelevant. However the cutoff capabilities are so clean, the effects are superb and 6 extremely flexible oscillators make it a formidable opponent in the digital synth wars of today. The matrix, sequencer and linker are also fabulous. It's sounds are gentle and warm which tends to put it out of the realm of glitched leads that modern genres desire but I still use it all the time for hands up techno, complextro pad intros and trance. Great synth. It will always be there for you as a beginner, as an intermediate, and although I can not vouche for this yet, as a pro. Just fealt like I'd say some more about it. Finally I'm surprised no one has mentioned morphine or curve 2 yet.

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 12:48 AM Reply

At 3/31/13 10:22 PM, jarrydn wrote: OP-1 (only by default)

Holy shit, you have the OP-1? How is it? Is it as amazing as I think it is?


Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
djamnesia
djamnesia
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 08:01 AM Reply

THOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Apr. 13th, 2013 @ 11:56 AM Reply

Massive, Omnisphere, FM8 & Absynth are my favourites.

I dislike the Omnisphere UI, but that synth sounds awesome and was way too expensive, so I have to use it.

sugarsimon
sugarsimon
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Apr. 14th, 2013 @ 02:45 AM Reply

Mostly I like Harmless.

Current Favorite Digital Synth

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Apr. 14th, 2013 @ 02:49 AM Reply

At 4/14/13 02:45 AM, sugarsimon wrote: Mostly I like Harmless.

This.
Also: TranceDrive, Massive, Unknown 64 CM, Alchemy Player, and some other stuff I probably forgot.

ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Apr. 14th, 2013 @ 04:30 AM Reply

Bass: Nexus but depends on which track also use 3xosc for it
Lead: Sylenth Nexus and Z3ta, all my leads are like 4 or 5 layers so probably use all of these 3
Kick: VEC samples layerd and some other stuff
FX: VEC
percs: VEC
Pads: Nexus


BBS Signature
AeroMusic
AeroMusic
  • Member since: Oct. 23, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Apr. 14th, 2013 @ 09:32 AM Reply

The synth I usually use is massive!


the other ones are a bit smaller
gavkay21
gavkay21
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Apr. 14th, 2013 @ 01:39 PM Reply

Discovering some cool sounding vst's thanks to this thread

frootza
frootza
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Musician
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Apr. 14th, 2013 @ 06:09 PM Reply

I love 3xOsc. I use it for the majority of my electronic stuff.

Plucked is fun because to me it is like composing a robotic orchestra playing in pizzicato.


Check it! :) //// Never stop making music. Play MOTORJOUST!!!Check it! :)

AetherX
AetherX
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Apr. 15th, 2013 @ 01:28 PM Reply

I stick by the fact that Synth1 is absolutely fantabulous, but if I had to choose my synth of the moment it'd have to be Harmor. I've made some seriously awesome basses by layering it with Sytrus.

And since we're also talking about FX and doohickeys, Fruity Flangus is my secret weapon.


--NG Music -- Soundcloud--
Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

SquidFurnace
SquidFurnace
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Current Favorite Digital Synth Apr. 15th, 2013 @ 05:30 PM Reply

MASSIVE BABY!!

I also like tb_peach, 3xOsc, simsynth. And I wish I was more masterful with sytrus and fm8.
But I actually resort to soundfonts a lot now. SGM V2.01 is amazing.


hi