New Topic Respond to this Topic
AlexNOSAM
AlexNOSAM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
The Registration System Here Sucks 2013-03-29 10:57:44 Reply

Admins, god you need to take note that registering to this site is like subscribing to hell. I registered months ago and just could not validate my account for this whole time! I don't remember the precise details but I do remember that I could log in and do nothing further because every other action required my validation. Whenever I tried to validate the account - having the validation email sent to me - I got into a dead end.

Fortunately, I happened to check my spam box today and found out that today I received an email for you saying "hey, we haven't seen you on newgrounds for a while. Just wanted to remind you that you signed up. Oh... And by the way - here's the validation link, we see that you didn't even validate the account." I'm happy that this is behind us though. I'm an observer in newgrounds since I was 8 (now almost 20). Nearly forgot about this site since my registration stalled.

tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to The Registration System Here Sucks 2013-03-29 11:02:50 Reply

The validation process here is the same as that of:
Kongregate
Addictinggames
Candystand
Blizard
World of warcraft
Guildwars
Msn
Hotmail secondary accounts
Many real life jobs
Forums
Game sites

What are you bitching about again?

call me toxie 0.~ reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to The Registration System Here Sucks 2013-03-29 11:06:17 Reply

I had no problems when I made my alt.

VJF
VJF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Registration System Here Sucks 2013-03-29 11:08:26 Reply

I had no problem with registration at all because both my NG account and my email account were created onthe same day, so any email I got, I checked (even the spam).

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to The Registration System Here Sucks 2013-03-29 11:19:58 Reply

At 3/29/13 10:57 AM, AlexNOSAM wrote: Fortunately, I happened to check my spam box today and found out that today I received an email for you saying "hey, we haven't seen you on newgrounds for a while. Just wanted to remind you that you signed up. Oh... And by the way - here's the validation link, we see that you didn't even validate the account." I'm happy that this is behind us though. I'm an observer in newgrounds since I was 8 (now almost 20). Nearly forgot about this site since my registration stalled.

Who is your email provider and is it web-based or are you using email software that may be doing its own filtering? The problem is that whoever powers your email is putting email from NG in your spambox. We should see about getting that resolved.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to The Registration System Here Sucks 2013-03-29 11:23:55 Reply

Shit...

Tom responds to a noob with 2 post count and i send him countless pm's asking him for help.. And i cant even get him to say something funny or memorable...

Lame...

call me toxie 0.~ reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
AlexNOSAM
AlexNOSAM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Registration System Here Sucks 2013-03-29 11:47:19 Reply

At 3/29/13 11:23 AM, tox wrote: Shit...

Tom responds to a noob with 2 post count and i send him countless pm's asking him for help.. And i cant even get him to say something funny or memorable...

Lame...

Noob with two posts!? Well sorry... Could've been much more have the validation thing got to work in the first place. This issue is no laughing matter there could be dozens if not hundreds of other people with frozen accounts like that. And I would not make an alt account for this because I'm not into managing more than one email box.

At 3/29/13 11:19 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/29/13 10:57 AM, AlexNOSAM wrote: Fortunately, I happened to check my spam box today and found out that today I received an email for you saying "hey, we haven't seen you on newgrounds for a while. Just wanted to remind you that you signed up. Oh... And by the way - here's the validation link, we see that you didn't even validate the account." I'm happy that this is behind us though. I'm an observer in newgrounds since I was 8 (now almost 20). Nearly forgot about this site since my registration stalled.
Who is your email provider and is it web-based or are you using email software that may be doing its own filtering? The problem is that whoever powers your email is putting email from NG in your spambox. We should see about getting that resolved.

I received an email from tomfulp@newgrounds.com today with the validation link, etc... It was in my spam box (gmail), happened to check it today just by a funny coincidence. I can receive your mail just fine. Just that no matter what I did I couldn't get the validation link sent to me at all until I gave up. It's not that the email in my spam box just piled dust in there for months.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Registration System Here Sucks 2013-03-29 11:55:08 Reply

Was it a myth that NG used to force user to use Gmail?

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to The Registration System Here Sucks 2013-03-29 12:01:50 Reply

At 3/29/13 11:55 AM, Elitistinen wrote: Was it a myth that NG used to force user to use Gmail?

We never forced people to use gmail, we just recommended it since we had some bad experiences with AOL blocking our emails back in the day.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to The Registration System Here Sucks 2013-03-29 17:20:30 Reply

never really had a problem when sighing up for ng.

it wasn't that hard all you had to do is just validate your account by going to you're e-mail really

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? was her name tenneassi omtish

BBS Signature