00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Draw Your Summer Collab

7,203 Views | 53 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-04-03 08:47:01

Anybody started there piece? I'm going to spend a few hours today getting some more of mine complete. Think I'm going to incorporate a new job that I've got making chicken for a dead colonel.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-04-05 13:44:30

At 4/5/13 01:41 PM, Amaranthus wrote: last one I promise

seriously dude, wtf man, don't spam the thread

"Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions."

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-04-05 15:37:17

At 4/5/13 01:44 PM, sirhenrystudios wrote:
At 4/5/13 01:41 PM, Amaranthus wrote: last one I promise
seriously dude, wtf man, don't spam the thread

It's a no man.

Even though I got a message from you to say you didn't wanna put it forward anymore, just thought you would have liked to know what my answer would have been if you keep it in. It's sloppy and reminds me of something you see on a wall with "Andy, 5 years old" scribbled under it.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-04-24 17:29:44

Just a small update, I'm going to be offline for a couple of weeks. I don't think it matters as this place hasn't been posted in for a while. Is anybody working on anything for this still? It could still be made.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-04-24 20:18:58

At 4/24/13 05:29 PM, Decky wrote: Just a small update, I'm going to be offline for a couple of weeks. I don't think it matters as this place hasn't been posted in for a while. Is anybody working on anything for this still? It could still be made.

This summer will be a bit of a rutinary one, will be working in a mexican restaurant in the UK, frequently go to comic stores and all that stuff.
Mind if I hop in? Still learning how to use flash, but I could have a small animation done in a few weeks time if you give me the chance to do so.

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-04-25 13:24:04

At 4/24/13 08:18 PM, Araita wrote: This summer will be a bit of a rutinary one, will be working in a mexican restaurant in the UK, frequently go to comic stores and all that stuff.

Sounds quite a lot like mine, I've just started working at a KFC.

Mind if I hop in? Still learning how to use flash, but I could have a small animation done in a few weeks time if you give me the chance to do so.

The more the merrier, it's mainly an art collab but I guess we could have an animation or two as well.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-04-25 13:31:21

At 4/25/13 01:24 PM, Decky wrote:
At 4/24/13 08:18 PM, Araita wrote: This summer will be a bit of a rutinary one, will be working in a mexican restaurant in the UK, frequently go to comic stores and all that stuff.
Sounds quite a lot like mine, I've just started working at a KFC.
The more the merrier, it's mainly an art collab but I guess we could have an animation or two as well.

I could make a .gif or something like that, for the "main dish" of my summer (Working, yay!) so you can have a look at what I'll try to make, if it looks good enough for you, I can make the whole thing, shouldn't last more than one minute.

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-04-26 11:59:12

Count me in, I just got the idea for my entry.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-04-26 17:20:31

At 4/26/13 11:59 AM, creepyboy wrote: Count me in, I just got the idea for my entry.

Sweet man, always been a fan. Post some WIPs if you want. I'd like this thread to be more active.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-04-26 17:27:22

At 4/26/13 11:59 AM, creepyboy wrote: Count me in, I just got the idea for my entry.

Sweet man, always been a fan. Post some WIPs if you want. I'd like this thread to be more active.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-04-27 11:28:00

Working on it... Here's what I've got so far.

Draw Your Summer Collab

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-04-30 03:56:09

Are you allowed to enter with animation? Also is this still open, if so count me in :D

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-04-30 06:36:53

At 4/30/13 03:56 AM, JurriaansArt wrote: Are you allowed to enter with animation? Also is this still open, if so count me in :D

You are indeed aloud to enter with animations although I'd prefer it if they were gifs and this collab is still open, seeing as so far we only have one completed art piece. I'm sure it's gonna be great when it completed though.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-04-30 06:51:04

You are indeed aloud to enter with animations although I'd prefer it if they were gifs and this collab is still open, seeing as so far we only have one completed art piece. I'm sure it's gonna be great when it completed though.

Awesome I'll make a drawing, I hope it'll be good enough.

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-05-25 19:42:10

Is this collab still happening? I finally got time to start to work on my entry. Here's the rough idea.

Draw Your Summer Collab

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-05-30 10:50:33

At 5/25/13 07:42 PM, creepyboy wrote: Is this collab still happening?

I'd still like to do this collab although it so far only has one piece completed. If we get some of the other art forum to make something and get the ball rolling I think it could still work.

I finally got time to start to work on my entry. Here's the rough idea.

Looking good man, keep it up.

I'll get on making mine later.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-06-06 14:51:54

ive got a lot of free time on my hands now so you can count me in ;)
ill try to make something in the next few day

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-06-10 17:34:40

I finally got some time and energy to keep working on this. This is the basic idea, I just need to add more details and shit

Draw Your Summer Collab

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-06-11 05:02:28

OK, so here's my entry, finally. I'm leaving for vacation in a few hours so this is last minute fo' real. It turned out a bit too green, maybe, but it is the final version. Didn't fit all the activities I would've liked either btw, I was thinking canoes, badminton, buckets full of cloud-berries, blueberries, lingon-berries, black currents, raspberries, strawberries, birthday cake, all kinds of fun stuff... but the canvas was a bit small for that all. :P Anyway, it turned out decent, I hope.

Looking forward to seeing an abundance of other creative entries when I get back!

Draw Your Summer Collab

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-06-23 22:56:25

FINISHED!. I changed the basic idea and feel, but it's basically the same piece I had in mind since the beginning.

Draw Your Summer Collab

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-10-04 11:18:43

At 8/20/13 09:09 AM, CrazyRock wrote: I'll assume this died?

If not

pls submit it

@Decky how about it? It would be fun to have this done. :/

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-10-24 07:07:08

At 10/4/13 11:18 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: How about it? It would be fun to have this done. :/

Hmmm, I did think it was a good idea and would like to see it in the portal but I don't think we have anywhere near enough pieces and summer is over. I guess now that does give us a sense of what actually happened this summer. Maybe some kind of satire work (no ideas spring to mind).

So as for where this collab is, if we get more pieces it'll be made. Simples.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-10-24 07:36:23

At 10/24/13 07:07 AM, Decky wrote:
At 10/4/13 11:18 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: How about it? It would be fun to have this done. :/
Hmmm, I did think it was a good idea and would like to see it in the portal but I don't think we have anywhere near enough pieces and summer is over. I guess now that does give us a sense of what actually happened this summer. Maybe some kind of satire work (no ideas spring to mind).

So as for where this collab is, if we get more pieces it'll be made. Simples.

Yeah, the season is definitely passe, but still... just abandoning the project if no more submissions stream in would be a let down. How about a before/after theme on the topic, how you expected things to be - and how they really are. Two pieces per author maybe, and potentially some new ones?

BBS Signature

Response to Draw Your Summer Collab 2013-10-24 07:49:08

At 10/24/13 07:36 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Yeah, the season is definitely passe, but still... just abandoning the project if no more submissions stream in would be a let down.

I agree but naturally if this project does come to nothing then the artists still have there pieces and they can then upload them to the portal if they so wish.

How about a before/after theme on the topic, how you expected things to be - and how they really are. Two pieces per author maybe, and potentially some new ones?

I think that might be asking too much seeing as we only got a couple of entries when we were asking for just one piece. Lets give it time and see what people come up with, if anything.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature