JaShinYa
JaShinYa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 10th, 2013 @ 08:56 PM Reply

At 5/10/13 08:48 PM, ZipZipper wrote:
At 5/10/13 08:44 PM, Himynameisjacob wrote: How's it coming along? Are we nearing the end of the road?
You're a real eager beaver!!!!

That's what he said.

I'm literally almost literally finished... literally.

Also to add to the Neverwinter post, I'm on the Beholder Shard and the name is JaShinYa as well!

Like Let's Plays? Click Down Below... *Winky Face*

BBS Signature
Jacob
Jacob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 10th, 2013 @ 10:23 PM Reply

At 5/10/13 08:48 PM, ZipZipper wrote:
At 5/10/13 08:44 PM, Himynameisjacob wrote: How's it coming along? Are we nearing the end of the road?
You're a real eager beaver!!!!

I get antsy!

I voice act because I'm insecure about my weight.

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 11th, 2013 @ 05:36 AM Reply

Are we there yet?

BBS Signature
ecopper12
ecopper12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 11th, 2013 @ 11:43 AM Reply

At 5/11/13 05:36 AM, SourJovis wrote: Are we there yet?

If you ask again, so help me god, I will TURN THIS CONTEST AROUND!

After consulting with JaShin first, of course.

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 11th, 2013 @ 01:41 PM Reply

At 5/11/13 11:43 AM, ecopper12 wrote:

Like upside down? So the winners will be losers, and losers will be winners. Doesn't matter for me. I'll probably end up in the middle either way.

BBS Signature
JaShinYa
JaShinYa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 11th, 2013 @ 01:46 PM Reply

At 5/11/13 11:43 AM, ecopper12 wrote:

I've got a flyswatter for just these occasions.

BBS Signature
Jacob
Jacob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 11th, 2013 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 5/11/13 01:41 PM, SourJovis wrote:
At 5/11/13 11:43 AM, ecopper12 wrote: If you ask again, so help me god, I will TURN THIS CONTEST AROUND!
Like upside down? So the winners will be losers, and losers will be winners. Doesn't matter for me. I'll probably end up in the middle either way.

I like this idea. Maybe then I'll have a chance at winning!

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 11th, 2013 @ 05:25 PM Reply

At 5/11/13 05:18 PM, Himynameisjacob wrote:
At 5/11/13 01:41 PM, SourJovis wrote: Like upside down? So the winners will be losers, and losers will be winners. Doesn't matter for me. I'll probably end up in the middle either way.
I like this idea. Maybe then I'll have a chance at winning!

I think not. You'd end somewhere at the bottom (never thought I'd say this as a compliment... bottom).

BBS Signature
Jacob
Jacob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 11th, 2013 @ 06:19 PM Reply

At 5/11/13 05:25 PM, SourJovis wrote: I think not. You'd end somewhere at the bottom (never thought I'd say this as a compliment... bottom).

Oh stop it, you.
And it's worth mentioning that the concept behind yours was hilarious, and the piece well executed.

BBS Signature
MrTheJazz
MrTheJazz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 11th, 2013 @ 06:43 PM Reply

I really have no idea where mine is gonna end up. Middle if I had to guess. Any tips from you pros out there?

ecopper12
ecopper12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 11th, 2013 @ 06:45 PM Reply

I honestly don't know where I'll end up, either.

It'll all be revealed soon, so I can wait!

JaShinYa
JaShinYa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 11th, 2013 @ 08:05 PM Reply

Let me ask you guys... if, hypothetically, I have the scoring done, but was planning a special presentation that is taking longer than expected to get done for various reasons, would you rather me just say fuck it and give out the scores now, or wait until the presentation is done?

Hypothetically speaking.... *ahem*

BBS Signature
JaShinYa
JaShinYa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 11th, 2013 @ 08:07 PM Reply

At 5/11/13 08:05 PM, JaShinYa wrote: Let me ask you guys... if, hypothetically, I have the scoring done, but was planning a special presentation that is taking longer than expected to get done for various reasons, would you rather me just say fuck it and give out the scores now, or wait until the presentation is done?

PS: Himynameisjacon and MrBiggsProductions, I PMd you both. MrBiggs, your response is particularly important.

BBS Signature
ecopper12
ecopper12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 11th, 2013 @ 08:24 PM Reply

It depends on how long we'd be waiting.

I don't mind waiting an extra day or two, but if it'll take more than, say, a week, I'd prefer the scores. xD

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 11th, 2013 @ 08:27 PM Reply

At 5/11/13 08:05 PM, JaShinYa wrote: Let me ask you guys... if, hypothetically, I have the scoring done, but was planning a special presentation that is taking longer than expected to get done for various reasons, would you rather me just say fuck it and give out the scores now, or wait until the presentation is done?

...I'd say wait until the presentation is done. It'd be better if it's something festive or whatever. Nicer to the winners. Probably more fun for everyone. Early results would be nice for now, but you might regret it later.

BBS Signature
JoePorter134
JoePorter134
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 11th, 2013 @ 08:50 PM Reply

I'm down with a presentation, lol i mean as long as it doesn't take like a month

I'm the one who knocks.

Jacob
Jacob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 11th, 2013 @ 10:11 PM Reply

So long as it will only take another day or two, I'm content! But much longer and it could be an issue.
Ultimately though I would be willing to wait and see who won.
Can't wait to see how you present!

BBS Signature
ghostcub
ghostcub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 12th, 2013 @ 01:08 AM Reply

Just go with what your heart tells you, and since your feeling gravitate towards a bigger presentation, go for it. I fear VO may not get as much exposure as other mediums on Newgrounds, so if you got something fun planned, I'd rather you go balls to the wall and make it memorable thought it takes extra time, and don't ask for our permission next time =) Just do it!

Also, if you're looking for more podcasters for the NWO MMO, I'm up for it. I actually still play a lot of NWN2 on an RP server and such and am playing the NWO beta. I've been playing MMO's since Asheron's Call as a wee little tike, so I have a good amount of experience with them and have played almost every single one...if you need another opinionated fellah still with an excellent sense of humor =)

JaShinYa
JaShinYa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 12th, 2013 @ 04:13 AM Reply

Now that everyone's willing to wait for it, I'm afraid it's going to be anti-climactic. lol. But I figure it might be more fun and intrigue more people to listen to the entries, etc...

BBS Signature
Jacob
Jacob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 12th, 2013 @ 10:20 AM Reply

At 5/12/13 04:13 AM, JaShinYa wrote: Now that everyone's willing to wait for it, I'm afraid it's going to be anti-climactic. lol. But I figure it might be more fun and intrigue more people to listen to the entries, etc...

Even if it's not too amazing or flashy, it really can be hard for voice actors to gain exposure.
This way, our work pays off a little more. And who knows? Maybe we'll get a few more commissions!
I've personally gotten a few just because of that submission, and it's been great.
This contest is my new best friend.

BBS Signature
Chongo
Chongo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 12th, 2013 @ 02:01 PM Reply

At 5/12/13 04:13 AM, JaShinYa wrote: Now that everyone's willing to wait for it, I'm afraid it's going to be anti-climactic. lol. But I figure it might be more fun and intrigue more people to listen to the entries, etc...

Do you have an ETA?

Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
JaShinYa
JaShinYa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 12th, 2013 @ 03:24 PM Reply

At 5/12/13 02:01 PM, Chongo wrote:
Do you have an ETA?

It depends on the people I've contacted to help. If I don't get it within a couple of days, then I'll attempt it myself. If I can't then I'll just announce it normally. I won't let it go for too long.

BBS Signature
Rehab-Reject
Rehab-Reject
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 12th, 2013 @ 06:59 PM Reply

At 5/12/13 10:20 AM, Himynameisjacob wrote:
At 5/12/13 04:13 AM, JaShinYa wrote:
Even if it's not too amazing or flashy, it really can be hard for voice actors to gain exposure.
This way, our work pays off a little more. And who knows? Maybe we'll get a few more commissions!
I've personally gotten a few just because of that submission, and it's been great.

I've gained no commissions. This contest is an ex girlfriend that ignores my calls

I'm a voice actor, and I will gladly whore myself out for credit... or pie.

BBS Signature
moonvamp
moonvamp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 13th, 2013 @ 12:33 AM Reply

At 5/12/13 06:59 PM, Rehab-Reject wrote:
At 5/12/13 10:20 AM, Himynameisjacob wrote:
At 5/12/13 04:13 AM, JaShinYa wrote:
I've gained no commissions. This contest is an ex girlfriend that ignores my calls

Sometimes, it just requires patience. You can still try to audition for roles here on this forum, I believe. There are always animators out there looking for voice actors to aid them, and they might not always look at your profile to find you.
\

BBS Signature
moonvamp
moonvamp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 13th, 2013 @ 12:35 AM Reply

At 5/12/13 03:24 PM, JaShinYa wrote:
At 5/12/13 02:01 PM, Chongo wrote:
Do you have an ETA?
It depends on the people I've contacted to help. If I don't get it within a couple of days, then I'll attempt it myself. If I can't then I'll just announce it normally. I won't let it go for too long.

Yeah, don't try to overload yourself if it does prove to be too much. It's always all right. Presentation or not, we will appreciate the thought. At least, I will. XD

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 13th, 2013 @ 11:05 AM Reply

At 5/12/13 06:59 PM, Rehab-Reject wrote: I've gained no commissions. This contest is an ex girlfriend that ignores my calls

Same here. Though, I can't say I'm all that active or that my voice is actually desirable for anything lol

BBS Signature
ghostcub
ghostcub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 13th, 2013 @ 10:11 PM Reply

At 5/13/13 11:05 AM, ZipZipper wrote:
At 5/12/13 06:59 PM, Rehab-Reject wrote: I've gained no commissions. This contest is an ex girlfriend that ignores my calls
Same here. Though, I can't say I'm all that active or that my voice is actually desirable for anything lol

I find your voice desirable....very very desirable...*heavy breathing*

Chongo
Chongo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 13th, 2013 @ 11:24 PM Reply

At 5/13/13 11:05 AM, ZipZipper wrote:

People dont give a shizz about my entry. I just talk to animators and force them to accept me as a voice actor in their animation.

And it works.

Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 13th, 2013 @ 11:38 PM Reply

At 5/13/13 10:11 PM, ghostcub wrote: I find your voice desirable....very very desirable...*heavy breathing*

That is some sort of flattery, I think?

At 5/13/13 11:24 PM, Chongo wrote: People dont give a shizz about my entry. I just talk to animators and force them to accept me as a voice actor in their animation.

And it works.

I don't know how to talk or be active about myself like that so...waaah my despair is my own doing!!!!

BBS Signature
Jacob
Jacob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 10 May. 14th, 2013 @ 12:09 AM Reply

At 5/13/13 11:38 PM, ZipZipper wrote: I don't know how to talk or be active about myself like that so...waaah my despair is my own doing!!!!

1. Look for competitions. These are usually on shorter schedules, and they need someone fast. Just start offering yourself up via PM, and you're bound to get a few projects. Plus they're more likely to deliver.

2. Watch for animators with a lot of potential, but who have yet to make their names here. Shoot them a PM with a compliment, and offer yourself up as a voice actor in case they ever need one.

3. Check the Voice Actor Wanted thread once in awhile, and offer your voice up for... Well, pretty much everything. It's useful.

I haven't been in a lot of submissions, but I also hadn't been very active in voice acting until recently. I was about to start on my own cartoons, since I had an animator to work with. My writing, voice acting, and general audio; his animation. But he got bummed by a rejected college audition, so he's quit animating and drawing for a few months.
Now I'm looking for busy work to get my name out there.

Though my girlfriend is an amazing artist. Now I just have to force her to animate for me.

BBS Signature