Bring out those mics and start up your recording software! Newgrounds' 10th voice acting contest is here! After the incredible amount of participation and insane talent that's shown up over the past several contests, I'm expecting this to be an outstanding contest! If you're a voice acting vet, this is a good way to sharpen your skills. If you're new to voice overs, this is a great venue to showcase what you have, get some feedback from the tight community and for everyone it's an awesome fun time! The usual prizes are in place and I'm working to secure a new first place prize as I did in the last contest so stay tuned for updates. If you're joining in, read the rules and info below then gets ta recordin'! Otherwise, show some support to your fellow NGers by listening, rating, commenting or even become a judge (If you meet the qualifications.) DOOO EEEET!
Contest Rules (PLEASE READ)
- Each entry needs to be a minimum of 2 minutes long and a maximum of 6 minutes long.
- Each entry must be about a NIGHT TO REMEMBER! Open your mind and think out of the box! Be creative! (It counts towards your score)
- Each entry must have at least 3 different voices.
- Each entry must be submitted by April 30th, 11:59PM EST
- Each entry can be any kind of genre (comedy, drama, etc...).
- No one may help you with your entry. You must do everything by yourself.
- All sound effects and music must be royalty free. No copyright material is allowed. (Try using the NG Audio Portal!)
- All entries must be sent to the NG audio portal. If you are banned, get a friend to submit it for you or try contacting an audio portal moderator directly. If you need scouted, contact me or another judge.
- You may use effects such as echo, robot, etc... however, manipulating your voice/pitch using your recording software is NOT allowed.
- Although only one submission per person is allowed, you may go back and edit the original entry as long as it happens before the deadline.
- Disobeying any rules will result in disqualification.
How To Submit
-All submissions MUST be submitted to the audio portal. As stated above, if you are banned, get someone else to submit it for you or contact me or another judge if you need to be scouted.
-Once you have submitted the piece to the audio portal, copy the link and paste it into this thread. Once I see it, I will add it to the list.
-Please keep it between 2 and 6 minutes. This is a must!
The Judging Process
Each entry will be judged per category. Each category has it's own point value. The total points will equal 150. After all points are added up, the more points you have, the higher place you will receive. . The categories are as follows:
- The most important of all, YOUR ACTING! Your voice acting needs to sound like the character is actually in his or her situation. Try not to be monotone and dull. - 50 points
- How much each character varies from the others - 25 points
- How well each voice fits the character. *An old man would have a raspy voice and a big guy would have a deep voice, etc...* (Obviously, consideration is taken if the voice is done differently for comedic value. Example: Old woman who smokes may sound like the fat guy from Aqua Teen Hunger Force) - 25 points
- Not all of us can afford a good mic, but please try to make your final production as high quality as possible! If your voice is fuzzy and full of static , the judges cant judge your voice as well. This also includes how you mix together your SFX and music. - 20
- How original your skit was. Be creative! - 15 points
- It's all good if you have great voice acting, but let's try and have your skit make sense! This doesn't mean you have to be another Hemingway, but there should be some sort of structure to your skit. Also, if your skit does not fit the theme well, points will be taken from this category. - 15
If you end up winning, here is what will happen!
1st Place - *Possible Extra Prize TBD* + $60 Store Credit + Legendary Front Page!
2nd Place - $40 Store Credit + Freakin' Awesome Front Page!
3rd Place - $20 Store Credit + Fantastic Front Page!
4th Place - $0 Store Credit + Groovy Front Page!
If You Want to Judge!
We ALWAYS need judges, preferably a maximum of 5. Please note that if you do want to be a judge, results will be expected by May 14th. If results are not received by this date, your scores will not count.
If you would like to judge, send me a PM explaining why you are qualified to be one! (For judges, I'd like to see a track record of quality voice acting or a history of excellent reviews on voice acting) If there are openings, I'll send you what needs to be done!
Other Crap For You to Read!
Again the DEADLINE IS:April 30th 11:59pm EST!
Feel free to discuss the contest in this thread. It usually turns out to be a fun time! Obviously just keep flaming out of it. This contest is about bringing the voice acting community together! If your a beginner, throw in a submission anyway! It's a good way to get your name out there and to connect with others in the voice acting community... Besides, you never know what the outcome might be! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'll keep you all updated with any changes and progress with judging.
I WANT DAT VOICE!