00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is Yahoo Answers really that bad?

3,558 Views | 35 Replies

Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 18:54:23

I know sometimes Yahoo Answers gets some of the most retarded questions ever asked but to be fair if you're asking a good question occasionally you'll get some well detailed results from time to time.

Do you think Yahoo Answers is helpful?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 18:56:18

Sometimes people simply ask stupid questions.

~Sweet memories of us I do recall~

~Dear angel please come back before I fall~

BBS Signature

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 19:02:53

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 19:04:47

At 3/26/13 07:02 PM, Ceratisa wrote: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100620085930AA mcxal

Lol, that's terrible.

BBS Signature

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 19:05:53

some of the answer I have gotten myself have turned out quite accurate and alright...

TracyJackson

The Art of Warfare gaming community Member

Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 19:19:45

Ye, it really is bad.

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 19:23:53

At 3/26/13 07:05 PM, TracyJacksonTAW wrote: some of the answer I have gotten myself have turned out quite accurate and alright...

This isn't much better

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120328183338AA GCCGB

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 19:24:47

what the fuck how stupid can some people be

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 19:31:00

At 3/26/13 07:25 PM, ClockworkSpace wrote:
At 3/26/13 06:56 PM, CresIsis wrote: Sometimes people simply ask stupid questions.
And here's your problem

I'm from the Netherlands so I can't argue with this statement. I can feel my IQ slowly decreasing the more I stay here in the USA, due to the people I have to associate with. Although with 145 I can afford to lose some.

BBS Signature

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 19:32:01

I'm from the Netherlands so I can't argue with this statement. I can feel my IQ slowly decreasing the more I stay here in the USA, due to the people I have to associate with. Although with 145 I can afford to lose some.

Sounds like you need a better circle of associates.

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 19:33:00

At 3/26/13 07:32 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
Sounds like you need a better circle of associates.

This.

I need to keep my current employment for a bit longer however until I'm 18 so I can start college. (Been out of school for 3 years.)

BBS Signature

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 19:33:09

Whenever I have a question, I just search it up on google and yahoo answers usually comes up with somebody who asked the same thing, and I usually get good results.

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 19:37:33

At 3/26/13 06:54 PM, Wegra wrote: Do you think Yahoo Answers is helpful?

Definitely for me.

I never specifically go to Yahoo Answers, but whenever I'm looking for answers to something the site often pops up in the search results and usually there's at least someone there who provides useful information.

It's often quicker than going through Wikipedia articles and other sources.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 19:41:54

Yahoo answers is only good for the troll answers. quite amusing at times.

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 19:49:22

At 3/26/13 07:33 PM, Jeffyx wrote: Whenever I have a question, I just search it up on google and yahoo answers usually comes up with somebody who asked the same thing, and I usually get good results.

Yeah, god I thought I was the only one who had this experience of the site ^^

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 20:03:27

BBS Signature

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 20:25:37

Plenty of times I've googled a question and been led to yahoo answers where I've found EXACTLY the answer I wanted. So no yahoo answers are not that bad. Pretty sure most of the awful ones are troll made anyway. Easy to not pay attention to those.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 20:26:51

At 3/26/13 07:19 PM, Ononymous wrote: Ye, it really is bad.

lmao oh god

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 20:27:14

when do normal males grow their condoms i am 15 and mine hasnt grown yet how long will it be?

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 20:32:34

occasionally is not good enough. i like search engines that are good 100% of the time.

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 21:44:00

At 3/26/13 06:56 PM, CresIsis wrote: Sometimes people simply ask stupid questions.

... Just going to go kill myself...

The Ledge

BBS Signature

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-26 21:48:10

The only reason why I ever go to Yahoo! Answers is simply to get a laugh out of the sheer stupidity and ignorance that people post on there. Whether it's dealing with politics, {taking our freedoms away, stop being sheep} video games, {Call of Duty=bad, indie=good} or especially sports, {Jamarcus Russel is better than Joe Montana lol} you just know that 99% of the answers are going to be stupid as hell, and the 1% are drowned out by thumbs down votes.

Who said that Internet ignorance can't be humorous?

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-27 04:41:54

At 3/26/13 06:54 PM, Wegra wrote: Do you think Yahoo Answers is helpful?

Some questions get great answers, helpful and dedicated, others don't get anything. It seems the most common questions get good answers, IOW the ones you could just Google to find an answer for, but any obscure knowledge doesn't really get anything. I asked what Shaolin monks use to brush their teeth, once. As it turns out there were no Shaolin monks on YA. :/

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-27 04:46:53

Some times you can find the answer you're looking for on Yahoo Answers but it's mostly a humor site. People ask questions they think are funny, other people try to give humorous answers. 90% of the stupid questions aren't serious.

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-27 04:49:05

At 3/27/13 04:46 AM, Jolly wrote: Some times you can find the answer you're looking for on Yahoo Answers but it's mostly a humor site. People ask questions they think are funny, other people try to give humorous answers. 90% of the stupid questions aren't serious.

Is that what it's turned into now? :/ It seems some of the categories are more humor-based than others though, the ones for medical/psychological advice are pretty serious. The writing/poetry categories have also turned into a place for people to request feedback on their work, for the most part. It's really turning into more of a forum than a QA site.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-27 04:52:57

At 3/27/13 04:49 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/27/13 04:46 AM, Jolly wrote: Some times you can find the answer you're looking for on Yahoo Answers but it's mostly a humor site. People ask questions they think are funny, other people try to give humorous answers. 90% of the stupid questions aren't serious.
Is that what it's turned into now? :/ It seems some of the categories are more humor-based than others though, the ones for medical/psychological advice are pretty serious. The writing/poetry categories have also turned into a place for people to request feedback on their work, for the most part. It's really turning into more of a forum than a QA site.

There's quite a lot of people who make posts there in hopes they'll one day see what they posted on reddit or 9gag or facebook or something. It's a pretty big site so it isn't entirely made up of that of course but there's quite a lot of people that just post there trying to be funny.

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-27 06:58:06

its a shitty place yet at the same time its useful because I have gotten so many answers from yahoo answers by searching up questions

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-27 06:58:47

I agree with those who found it useful; it indeed is, most of the time.

Sometimes... I remember reading a troll question asking how we can see woolly mammoths in Thailand. (It was in Chinese and probably deleted by the admins by now.) Some other guy actually answered... that guy happened to be a spammer who took the opportunity to promote a tour from some travel agency. It included, if I remember correctly, elephants, but no mammoths.

Those are just bad apples, though... Wait, they spoil the bunch, don't they?

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-27 13:11:32

if you ask a serious question, the chance of getting serious answers from other users is usually higher. but don't expect well-written replies that provide deep insights, because not many people are really knowledgable about anything there. experts in a particular area don't frequent yahoo answers.

you should go to physicsforums, or the math forum, etc... if you need help in college work.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Is Yahoo Answers really that bad? 2013-03-27 13:35:42

how is babby formed

how girl get pragnent

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature