00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

College Roommates

966 Views | 16 Replies

College Roommates 2013-03-26 00:07:13

So in regards to having a roommate at Indiana University you have the option of randomly being assigned one or using Roomsync through Facebook to try to pair you up with people that share interests.

I just tried to do the Roomsync thing which made me fill out and online survey where you tell it your living habits, interests, major(s), and ideal roommate. There is a big problem, IM NOT LIKE THOSE DOUCHEBAGS(who bothered to do this).

So my question is, should I use Roomsync and choose someone I can semi not tolerate? Or should I choose to be assigned at random and risk being with somebody really gross or super annoying but at the same time I could get somebody who is really awesome?

Response to College Roommates 2013-03-26 00:19:49

Well if you find getting along with your roommates a priority then I suggest doing the Roomsync. Chances are you'll be busy in uni so you'll probably not have to be so buddy-buddy with all your roommates, just civil enough to live with one another.

Response to College Roommates 2013-03-26 00:23:44

Whatever process you choose, you're most likely not going to become but so great of friends with your roommate. As long as they're not a complete douche bag, you should be able to get through the year just fine. Just make sure you set your boundaries early on in the semester. I made the mistake of keeping my mouth shut for the first few months.... then I eventually just snapped and bitched out my roommate over a bunch of shit that had been building over time.

We're cool now, though.

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to College Roommates 2013-03-26 00:32:12

I did random my first year and I liked my roommate.
He was like 200 lbs so naturally he had a refined taste in television.

He went home every weekend and my fuckbuddy and I would go nuts.

Response to College Roommates 2013-03-26 00:47:58

At 3/26/13 12:32 AM, Xenomit wrote: Try and get another gay emo who you could have constant non-stop sex with

Completely heterosexually, of course.

BBS Signature

Response to College Roommates 2013-03-26 00:50:30

At 3/26/13 12:32 AM, Xenomit wrote: Try and get another gay emo who you could have constant non-stop sex with

If when I meet my roommate and he is emo, I will cream my pants on site.

At 3/26/13 12:47 AM, iamgrimreaper wrote:
Completely heterosexually, of course.

How would it be heterosexual when I am a guy?

Response to College Roommates 2013-03-26 00:50:42

One point of college is to learn, meet new people with different interests. To learn from them as they would learn from you.

Response to College Roommates 2013-03-26 02:01:26

I randomly got given a single room for some reason I don't understand. I didn't have the sync thing as an option.

I would totally use that and just look based on one criteria. If your into partying and that kind of shit look for someone who also is, if your not then look for someone who isn't. Generally everyone I know who got random roommates were alright or at least didn't despise each other except for the few cases where the party people ended up with those who were purely interested in studying.

The biggest thing I've learned from college is that absolutely everyone is a fucking weirdo in their own way, myself included. If your open and accepting of that then you'll do alright.

Response to College Roommates 2013-03-26 03:30:54

Freshman year at my college was the same, and I was totally afraid of winding up with some hardcore sorority chicks and having to sleep in a friend's dorm on weekends. Much to my surprise, the staff matched me up with two girl who became my best friends. So it worked out excellently! On the other hand, I have heard of some people who were unfortunately paired with total psychos. Best advice I can give in this scenario is to be mature and try your best to compromise. You won't have to share a room with them your entire time in the university.

Good luck!

"Yes!" - Fred Fredburger

CC | Nemesis | Lit Lovers | Ideas Worth Spreading

BBS Signature

Response to College Roommates 2013-03-26 10:14:44

Risk it, you can always get reassigned if things are really bad.

BBS Signature

Response to College Roommates 2013-03-26 13:42:20

going random is ok in some times....i did mine all random, the roomie freshman year was good...my current soph roommate is actually pretty fun and always bring impossibly hot girls over to our room (which i'll admit, i find annoying).

TracyJackson

The Art of Warfare gaming community Member

Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

Response to College Roommates 2013-03-26 15:39:37

Why are you still emo?

Why do you stain the word emo with your scene shit?

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to College Roommates 2013-03-26 17:26:03

At 3/26/13 03:39 PM, Slint wrote: Why are you still emo?

Why do you stain the word emo with your scene shit?

Because its fucking cool, the fashion is awesome, and you attract a lot of attention.

Being emo now is a hipster thing. I was emo after its was cool. It will become popular again anyways and it will never really go away.

Response to College Roommates 2013-03-26 17:29:22

I couldn't think of anything worse than having a roommate. Flatmates, fair enough, but actually sharing a single room with someone?

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to College Roommates 2013-03-26 17:32:08

I played two rounds of golf before deciding to move in with my two prior roommates and it still didn't work out! When rooming with other people there are always going to be things you don't like about them.

Just don't tolerate violence like in my case.

Response to College Roommates 2013-03-26 17:32:51

At 3/26/13 05:27 PM, Vnzi wrote:
At 3/26/13 05:26 PM, SexualEmo wrote: Because its fucking cool, the fashion is awesome, and you attract a lot of attention.

Being emo now is a hipster thing. I was emo after its was cool. It will become popular again anyways and it will never really go away.
And not to mention the real emo music is pretty awesome.

True emo music fucking sucks. Hard rock, metal, and post hardcore are good.

At 3/26/13 05:29 PM, TheMaster wrote: I couldn't think of anything worse than having a roommate. Flatmates, fair enough, but actually sharing a single room with someone?

Well considering my parents are fully paying for college, I don't want to have them pay even more.

Response to College Roommates 2013-03-26 17:41:10

At 3/26/13 05:32 PM, SexualEmo wrote: Well considering my parents are fully paying for college, I don't want to have them pay even more.

It's not even a thing in the UK. University halls of residence are all single bedrooms, with shared kitchens and bathrooms. In the halls I was in, you could pay a bit extra for an ensuite bathroom, but the difference in price was negligible.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature